Automan and what programs can you remember?

Guest alexd

Ahhh Star Fleet, pukka stuff (well it was when it was released anyway). I've got the entire series on video CD. Very cheesy by todays standards, and were talking C H E E S Y, as in a Frence Fromagerie that has just exploded, saturating everyone and everything in a 50 mile radius in Camenbert. Still love it tho. I could probably rip the theme tune off of it. Would be a double wammy for any Brian May fans out there....I wonder if he actually publicly admits to doing it?! :)

As for Manimal, I'm hunting for the theme as I type this, I'll post it if and when I find it.

Guest mavisdavis

8) What excellent Shows. I lived in Germany (Dad in forces) when they were on BFBS . I lived for them..If anyone can get hold of Manimal-Automan on video or dvd or just an mpg would be nice. i would be gratefull. can anyone remember when Bit went into the the body of automan and made him walk through the wall.What a momonet that was for me..adn the feather growing out of Manimals cheacks and ears... :shock: WOW :shock:

Guest benzo

Do any of you remember Vicki the viking? I remember as a kid not knowing whether Vicki was a boy or a girl.

One kids show that I hated was the Moomins.. I thought it was useless. I also hated finger mouse.. The whole, man with finger up mouse's paper puppet bottom, just perplexed me.

Benzo

Guest mashkhan

Vicki was a boy, even more perplexing than finger mouse was pigeon steet, what was with those triangular arms?

Do you think anyone will notice this thread has been hijacked by mid to late 20 somethings reminiscing

Guest benzo

Pigeon st? Can't remember that one.

One thing that used to scare the chocolate fudge out of me was the opening music to "Tales of the unexpected". I still remember one episode clearly- essentially, Joan Collins gets her head chopped off by some aristocrat at the end.

Another thing that I think encapsulates my "early days" were the Milk tray adverts; especially the one where the bloke skis down a cliff, then breaks into this girls chalet and leaves a box of milk tray with his signature card. And the baby cham adverts! Remember those?

Benzo?

Tales of the Golden Monkey was a Pukka show! Set on board a sea plane (mostly) and starring Stephen Collins, who was Willard Decker in Star Trek the (slow) motion picture. He's been in quite a few other films too, such as Brewsters Millions, and Jumping Jack Flash. Golden Monkey only ran for one season between 1982-83, and was basically a sort of 'Indiana Jones in a plane'. Quality stuff!

Dont even get me started on pidgeon street! Weird stuff...a show that looked as tho the animators could really only draw circles properly, where the starring animals just went around going 'boo-boooooo'.

And the moomins was my idea of a nightmare. Never got on with it as a kid. Incidentally, I believe it was French, so that might explain a few things! :)

Guest capt_janeway

Obviously for people of a certainage such as myself, the ultimate prog had to be Mr Benn!

Oh and does anyone remember Bod?

:roll: :roll:

I notice that someone has mentioned G-Force! Love it! Me and a mate would sit and watch it religously every time it was on, and it seemed to be my mates quest to try and spot all of Princesses knicker flashes! Strange boy!

Speaking of Terrahawks, I've still got all the toys in the loft somewhere.... Treehawk, 1001, Battlehawk..you name it lol! I've also still got all my Mask (remember that one?!) stuff, and all my Transformers (the original one not the newer Japanimation bastardisation) toys. Incidentally, the Transformers Movie has just been released on DVD, voiced by such greats as Leonard Nimoy and Orson Wells. Ahhhhh....the memories....

'And as if by magic, the shopkeeper appeared'

yep remember Bod! The theme tunes doing the rounds on an advert at the mo....cant rememeber which one tho. Got a bunch of kids running around in it

Guest Richie M

BOD :) i love the tune for the policeman (can't remember his name tho).

Still say The Clangers was best :D

What about Space 1999? Think they were a bit off with their future prediction ;)

Guest mashkhan

Streethawk the bike which could reach 300mph! funnily enough when Jesse Mach (I didn't get the joke as a kid) reached these speeds there was no other traffic on the roads.

Who remembers the episode where he did a backflip over a 4x4?

Guest benzo

What about Sundays back in the day...

If I recall, I used to watch incredible hulk "Mr Mgee, you don't want to make me mad, you don't want to see me when I'm mad" and the muppet show! It was like heaven.

I didn't like street hawk too much.

Knight rider on the other hand.. You could throw a brick at me and i wouldn't move. My fav episode had to be when M. Night faced Goliath, the articulated lorry.

Guest awarner [MVP]
I also hated finger mouse.. The whole, man with finger up mouse's paper puppet bottom, just perplexed me.

I see you're not old enough :) the original was Finger bob i used to love that one, and Mr Ben, Camberwick green, Trumpton, Chigley

I remember the days "here is a box, a musical box, wound up and ready to play"

Apart from that definately Clangers, bagpuss and Hector's house (now an advert :D ) and Pipin with hartley the hare

and for the younger ones, Jamie and the magic tourch

And Richie M

the policman in Bod was PC Copper ;)

you also had Aunt Flo, Frank the postman and Farmer Barleymow.

remember that frog as well? who always wanted a bloody strawberry milkshake

Guest benzo

I am 27, so you maybe right about the age thing.

Worsel Gummage hasn't been mentioned. I fancied Aunt Sally for a while.

Rent-a-ghost was a classic... Mrs. Poppov with her sneezing-dissappearing affliction. It makes you wonder what the producers were on when writing storylines/themes.

Am ashamed to say it, but I used to watch "you and me" when I was about 4 .

Benzo

Guest casper508

Terrahawks was great and so were many others including Manimal, StreetHawk, Knight Rider (my fav) etc. No clue on Star Fleet tho:(

Does anyone rememer Vici from SmallWonder. Now that was really awesome. I had the entire series on video. Donno where its gone !

As for animation, THUNDER CATS has to be my all time favourite. Still have over 30 episodes on VCD. Donno why many ppl didnt seem to like them :| They were a classic. Just remembered...i still have all the action figures hiding somewhere in my garage.

Cheers

Cas