Aquarium ScreenSaver - UPDATED 20/05 (See first Post)

Guest Croccy22

Guest Croccy22

UPDATE.

Only a small change to this version, no new graphics yet.

When phone rings or alarm goes off etc, screensaver will now shut down and allow the phone to function as normal.

Extract the .scr file and the .dll file into the pocketcandy Screensaver directory. Enjoy!!

/END UPDATE :)

Since this seemed to be quite popular, Have made a few changes to this second 'beta' version.

This fish now swim off the screen instead of just vanishing. There is one extra type of fish and the fish also swim nehing the coral as well now.

Since this is still just a beta my own grpahics are not being used as of yet but they are being worked on and should look better still (Will have animated fish).

Have changed the quit key to softkey1 just to confuse people. As of yet it doesn;t completely deal with the phone ringing. You might be able to answer the call though!

Matt.

TO INSTALL

--------------

Unzip file. Copy both files to a folder on the phone. Run using smartexplorer or create shortcut or whatever!.

Aquarium.jpg

Aquarium.zip

Guest lutzh

this is fantastic. i love it sooooooo much. would be great to get a timething in it that switches this screensaver on after 5 minutes.

cheers, lutz

ps: i'll keep it running overnight to see if it sux down battery too much....

Guest Jon@z

8) AWESOME MAN, JUST AWESOME!!!!

After installing DockWare I noticed that a prog was added, and run, to/from the startup folder......and I was thinking, maybe this is DockWare.exe's timeout prog. SÃ¥ maybe you could rename the MatrixCE.exe or Aquarium.exe to DockWare.exe put it in the DockWare dir, and see if it would run it, thinking that it was the original file????? I don't know!

Cheers

Jon@z

Guest lutzh

...need more fishes! its just the yellow and the zebra...

:-)

two things: its tricky to use it, when you have the auto-keylock enabled. and its flicky when you have it enabled and smartface in use and someone's calling...

but wonderful anyway...

cheers, lutz

Guest Croccy22

There are actually three fishes at the moment but I will get some of the other in there.

At the moment it doesn't handle incoming calls or anything. I'm still trying to figure that one out!!

If there is interest then maybe on Sunday will write a better version with sound and stuff.

Matt

Guest lutzh

hi croccy

don't make it a fat fish that sux out the battery. sounds and backlight on will do that. i am just checking how long it will work until the battery gives up.

incoming calls are available, i can even see the picture of the caller flashing in and out with the aquarium (i am using smartface on a tanager).

more fishes would be fine- but hey, at the end of the day its just a beautyful show effect. if you (or another freak) would find a way to include a autostart for it (like a real screensaver) than this is the start of really cool screensavers for the smartphone platform.

good nite 4 now,

lutz

Guest awarner [MVP]

Like it nice one :)

one question to (ignore if it's too hard) would it be possible to make the fish swim on and

off the screen rather than just dissappear?

Guest Mr_Protozoa

Pretty Damn Sweet!

I agree it needs some more tweaking, such as fish moving off the screen instread of poping in and out of existance. Could this be done by having some tank off the edges of the screen?

I'm in Nottingham too! A student a Nottingham Trent Uni no less. Alas I live in the crime riddled rabbit warren called forest fields.

Guest Myke

WOW this screen saver is amazing!!

the only thing i want is for it to automatically open the program when the phone is idle, opening the program would automatically turn the backlight on for another 20 seconds, and then when you (or the friend youre trying to impress) takes the phone and you presses a button, the backlight comes on displaying the fish, then just press the top right button to make it turn off!

i think what you need to work on 1st is to make the fish actually swim off screen, and change one of the similar looking fish into a different one.. like a red one or something.

great job!!!

:)

Guest Croccy22

Either tonight or sunday (Depending on my girlfriend) I will rewrite it with the fish swimming off screen and maybe even animated aswell.

The first one was just a test to see if I could do it at all and since it worked out pretty well then I will tidy it up.

In the code for this one, I also had it so the fish could swim in front of or behind the coral, The problem was it decided that 95% of the time they would swim behind! But this will be fixed in the next version to give some variety.

And yes I will get some more fish types!

Matt

Guest mashkhan

I was just thinking, why don't you expand it a bit? Maybe we could feed the fish? If we neglect them they will die. :twisted: Maybe even choose which fish we have in our SPV's!

Nice screensaver BTW :)

Guest priccijr
I was just thinking, why don't you expand it a bit?  Maybe we could feed the fish? If we neglect them they will die. :twisted:  Maybe even choose which fish we have in our SPV's!

Nice screensaver BTW  :)

That would be like turning it into a game more than a screensaver. I say keep it simple make them swim off screen and get the timer thing in there and leave it at that.

Guest Croccy22

Ath the moment I must admit I found a screenshot on the net which I ripped some graphcis off.

However the next version hopefully I will try and get some original graphics just so it doesn't complicate stuff.

MIDNIGHT! MIDNIGHT! WHERE FOR OUGHT THOUGH MIDNIGHT!!!

Draw me some fish!!!! and some coral and some bubbles!

Matt.

Guest Mr_Protozoa

i had noticed the graphical similarities!

I do like the idea if feeding the fish, some sort of virtual pet style thing. Obviously i'd like the option to disable these features if i get board of it.

Guest midnight

dont worry, i'm on it :)

have some ideas for a shimmering background (lightbeams), which is basically just fading in and out different lightbeam pictures.

Also, yes, the fish will be animated, also, just a thought, it is possible to make the coral as individual peices so, the background could be random each time its opened.