Aquarium ScreenSaver - UPDATED 20/05 (See first Post)

Guest Croccy22

Guest Saif

could you also post a non pocket candy version please like the original one?

This would be muchly appreciated 8)

Many thanks for all of your efforts...

As for improvements...

Sound would be kewl... maybe some intermittent splashing or glug glugging noises...

Also.. when there is an incoming call... couldn't u make the fishes flash first before the scrnsaver shutsdown? just a thought... :)

Guest Shuflie

Got a call in while the screensaver was on and the keys were locked but the incoming call screen didn't jump to the front, works fine when keys aren't locked though.

Guest jabez

Here are the problems I have encountered since I downloaded Pocket Candy:

1. When I change the extension of the MatrixCE.exe to .scr, the SSaver plays but the backlight does not turn on. Of course when I hit a button, the light turns on but the SS turns off. When it had the *.exe extension, it plays with the backlight on.

I sure hope the developers here could do something about the backlight options. Coz we all know that these screensavers are for "showing-off", right? How can we show-off, if we could not keep the lights on. :)

2. The option to "Load at Start-up" always resets to "No".

3. It can be unpredictable at times. Sometime the SS plays after setting up Pocket Candy. Sometimes, I have to "reboot" to get it going.

ooops ... sorry ... I think I should have posted this in the thread with (motbe) ...

Guest Croccy22

As long as you are logged in then the screensaver is on page one of this thread. There is a picture and a zip file.

Matt

Guest smartman

Croccy I assume you amended aqaurium so that when call comes through the accept call key comes into play and also stops SS this seems the best option because even if keys are locked the same procedure applies ie to unlock uses same left softkey, had a call come through with SS active and keypad locked when I pressed to left softkey to accept the call it does, so no problem.. :? can this not be applied to rehashed matrix SS

Guest Croccy22

Do you mean the matrix one I did using gapidraw. If so I didn't realise anyone was using it :). If people are using it then I will add the functions to it and repost it.

If I get any spare time I might write a new version using gapidraw. Dunno if i'll bother though because the one with pocket candy works very well.

Matt

Guest smartman

yes croccy see on the matrix i've got SS ceases when any key is pressed whereas your aquarium and windows SS only stops when left softkey is pressed, also if you're gonna implement sound wont that need to be a mod to pocketcandy i.e. wont it need to be an option to leave disable/enable it also I suppose motbe is aware but how do you know who is calling you if SS does not cease and show incoming call until you press left softkey first.. is there anyway of tripping out the screensaver when call comes in so that you can see whose calling and whether you want to answer. any thought's

btw love the aquarium as is but i'll welcome any changes you need to make and thanks..

Guest Croccy22

The aquarium screensaver does exit when a call comes in. The problem I have at the momnet is this function doesn't work when the spv keys are locked, This is becasue it is a function within gapidraw and it doesn't expect the keys to be locked on the phone (afterall why the hell would you lock the keys if you were plaing a game!)

Anyway I will ask around and see if there is any way to prevent this from happening.

If this function doesn't work for you at all then you need to download the lastest version.

The reason I first chose the softkey1 to quit is as you said it would pick up the phone and hopfully quit the screensaver. I could change it to quit with any key but this was you won't be able to press a button to turn the backlight back light back on as it will quit the ss aswell.

Matt

Guest smartman

croccy did you mean dload latest pocketcandy or latest aquarium cos i've got the latter, tried dloading latest pocketcandy but site was down earlier when tried, with regard to SS exiting on incoming call it does'nt on mine but dont know whether this is due to being installed on phone.. I know some others have saved to storage card but i'm not keen on fiddling with registry.. any suggestions?

btw i'm not a newbie anymore yipee!!! :wink:

Guest Saif

If you checkout the ringtones on Orange update there is one called Bubbles which sounds like the perfect addition to this screensaver... its 51kb. well worth it if you can get it to play randomly in the background when this SCR is on.

cheers.

Guest Bundi1

Just a thick question here but when i try and set Aquarium as a screensaver, it never comes on !

It is in pocket candy as "Aquarium.scr" is this correct ?

Please help cos i love the look of it !!! :lol:

Guest MoRFLeZ

Do the other screensavers work!?

Did you also place the .dll file (which should be in the same zip) in the same folder as the screensaver!?

Guest Bundi1

The other ones work fine.

How do i get the other .dll file ?

Sorry to ask probably such stupid questions to you lot ! :oops: :oops:

When i unzip the file, it tries to initially install it on my PC and then when i go to unzipped there is only one file in there ?

Guest MoRFLeZ

Just download the aquarium.zip from the first page in this post! It will contain two files. The screensaver and a .dll file... called something like gd201.dll

I just checked the download, and the zip contains the right files.

• 1 month later...
Guest Croccy22

I may well get back to this at some point, if I do then it will undergo HUGE changes and will look a hell of a lot nicer. At the moment though I am gonna be working on getting smartanoid finished so it is not gonna be for a while :)))

Matt

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Confucious

Finally got Pocketcandy to work (It put in the registry key pointing to the internal storage even tho' I installed it on my card so I had to do my first registry tweak on my SPV!) and installed aquarium and it looks great apart from the flickering ^_^ I assume this is to do with the GAPI problem on the C500 (Hark at me - if you didn't know better it would sound like I knew what I was talking about)?

There is apparently a fix available for GAPI developers - would this fix the problem with this screensaver or am I barking up the wrong big wooden growing thing with leaves on?

Just looked at my screen again and it had Aquarium V3.0 at the top and my homescreen apart from the bottom bar (where it normally says Start and contacts which was a mess. Is this also part of the GAPI problem?

It looks great if I could get it working with the C500.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest nolimit966

OK cool, i Added it to my fone, renamed it to exe and ran it, works sweet.

but it doesnt come up on its own as a screen saver wen im not using the fone...

how do i get it do do that?????