sd cards

Guest mr-aug

Guest yatpeak

But if it won't work with the phone, it should automatically ask you to format it, you need to de-cert the phone to use the Task Manager.

Wyatt

Guest Richie M

Or, providing you havent done the UK update (or any of the others) you could go into Bootloader save something to the SD card, Reboot the phone and it will automatically ask if you want to Format the Card :)

If you have Updated you'll have to use USBTerm to format the card then reboot and it will then ask to format the card ;)

Guest mr-aug

basically what has happened is that i installed some files onto the sd card that comes with the phone, at some point last night i (or one of my friends) put the lock on the sd card and when i got back last night i deleted some files from the phone and transferred some from my pc. now the card has about 3 small files approx uder 1mb in total but the phone is telling me there is only 500kb free space on it and will not let me copy any more files across!!.

oh and everytime i was deleting files with the lock on it came up with a warning about insufficient space on the sd card which i stupidly ignored forgetting that the lock was on.

can any one help me regain my lost memory?

Guest Gorskar

Formatting is your best option i recon.

Easy way (if you have decerted your phone) is to use the SPtaskmanager.

Other way is detailed further up the thread.

If you have a pc card reader you could probably use that too.

• 1 month later...
Guest Shuflie

Mr Aug, have you tried taking the SD card out, turning your phone off, taking the battery off for a minute or so then putting it all back together again? Might work but I'm not 100% sure. Should clear any links that the phone has with the card though.

Guest Andy Mac

Yes, tried this. Still get nothing, I have also blanked the card via the USB Cruzer pack to the laptop & setup the standard directories manually, but nothing !

Why does the PC register it but not the phone.... think! Think! Think!

Guest awarner [MVP]

One word Scandisk :?

There has been numerous posts about MMC cards made by scandisk not working

on the SPV but this is the first time I have seen it mentioned about SD ones.

It is definately an SD card you have? Sorry just double checking :oops:

Just wondering if they have changed their manufacturing process recently?

very strange how it's scandisk again.

Guest Andy Mac

Definately an SD card... Looks like I picked a bum card as it transpires, shortly after the card stopped working on my laptop & I had to send it back. The replacement came this monring, I popped it in the phone & hey-presto, worked first time.

Thank for the support,