Suggested GPRS mass cancellation

Guest lucky

Guest lucky

I have a suggestion regarding the imminent repricing for GPRS users currently on the Orange promo pack.

I suggest that all Modaco users that do not intend to continue with GPRS agree to terminate their GPRS plan on the same day and cite the same script to be recorded by the Orange CSR

'I am cancelling my GPRS plan because Orange's pricing is excessive, and I was guaranteed a plan of equal or better value.'

Orange almost certainly will not change their pricing but it will scare the hell out of Orange marketing to get 2000 callers in one day all cancelling GPRS subscriptions.

Please can we get this organized, lets say the first monday in july as I

understand the promo finishes at the end of june.

Before anyone says it i am fully aware of the terms and conditions orange set out and i understood that it was a promo.

I just want orange to get the message that they sold us a phone that has data usage as a major function and that their pricing is too high.

Only problem is lucky, as much as I want to cancel GPRS, the Planus SMS service is *SOOOO* much cheaper than Orange (3.85p + approx. 1Kb of GPRS data (£3 per MB = 0.3p per KB) = 4.15p per message) that I'm going to have to keep GPRS even if it's just on the pay as you use tarriff and I'm sure that there will be many others out there who will be doing the same....

Hax

Guest Mr_Protozoa

I cancelled my GPRS a few weeks ago and complained about the prices.

If a couple hundred people all cancel on the same day with the same reason somebody will pick up on it. Hopefully they'll do something.

Guest tt5th

Someone in Orange will care I'm sure. They need the take up of GPRS but unfortunately they also need the added data revenue to fall in line with their 25% revenue from data in two years thing or whatever.

I will be refusing to use my GPRS after they end the pack. Yes its a promo pack but doubling my monthly GPRS bill is a bit of a sod.

Join us!

Guest TSCRYPTO

I agree with SC ZERO.

Something needs to be done about the tariffs, but we should wait until next month and if necessary organise some sort of collective action.

Guest lucky

By all means lets wait and see what Orange comes up with, that is why I suggested July 1.

I understand that some members will need to keep GPRS, well this is not for you. For the rest of us just remember you can always reconnect.

I really believe in the power of the consumer.

Orange have a good GPRS service and they want it to be part of their revenue stream. Well thats great

I want to use GPRS and I dont have a problem with paying for it I just want Orange to know that their prices dont represent good value.

Join us in a bit of consumer power!

Guest one.ear

Why is Orange's GPRS pricing causing so much annoyance?

Have you compared it to what the other networks are offering?

Other than Vodafone, none of them come close to matching Orange's prices, so i dont see what the problem is, business have to make a profit, and if they can do that whilst being cheaper than the competition, i dont see what the fuss is about.

"Nothing becomes of nothing" as a famous writer once noted. i.e. If you want something, you have to pay for it.

Ben

Guest gradiation

If the prices go way over the current price i'm paying then yes i will join you, however if they stay pretty much the same, then i'll probably stick with it. If orange can stick to there promise, i'll honor mine.

Guest Simon Desser

How about we all seriously hammer it until the offer runs out (I mean run up 100's of meg each :shock: )

The worst they could do, according to their T&C's, is warn you that they're going to withdraw, an almost already withdrawned offer.

It won't help one bit, but it might make you feel better :)

Guest lucky

I dont have a problem with Orange charging for their service.

What I have a problem with is introducing a pricing promo that encourages me to use a service and implies that pricing will be at a certain level.

Only to discover that at the end of the promo pricing is prohibitively expensive and nowhere the promotional price.

I believe that data traffic on phone networks is considerably overpriced and that it is stiffling the take up of useful technology.

The SPV is a perfect example a brilliant piece of useful technology rendered an amusingly shaped plastic paperweight by a ridculous pricing structure.

Guest Gorskar

Well, orange have promised the promotional pack up until our june billing date. So to ensure noone wastes too much GPRS promotion pack we need the mass GRPS walkout to be sometime towards the end of June.

Personally I can live without GPRS at the current prices. I know the other Networks charge just as much/ more but they have got to be shown the power of market forces.

I'm not asking for unlimited GPRS, just a sensible price structure (maybe £10 for 10Mb usage, £5 for 5Mb etc)

Hi folks, i'm sure you won't be suprised to hear i'm bricking it and have been for some time awaiting my first real bill for GPRS. The truth of the matter is we've been spoiled by having to pay £6 for unlimited use, that's if you were lucky enough to get a good reception.

The cost of using GPRS is bound to put people off and Orange will see the result when people stop using it. i'm sure they were rubbing their hands with sheer delight when they did the sums. I've been doing 60 megs a month without trying too hard. I could get a mortgage for what that will cost me.

I certainly didn't buy my SPV for WAP but i think i'll be going retro very shortly.

Bite the bullet till the first real bill and then we should do mass protest. I'm up for for a protest but i don't think it will achieve anything.

GOOD LUCK.

Guest drblow

I'm there!

Positive action is required & the more people prepared to stand up for themselves, the more chance we have of making a difference!

But I definately agree that there should be no definate plans made until Orange actually do change the prices. There are loads of rumours - and it wouldn't be outside the realms of possibility for Orange to realize the implications, and produce a more acceptable pricing structure.

I reckon Orange is hoping that business users would find gprs SO invaluable that they would pay anything for it. I reckon we show 'em who is REALLY boss!!

Guest idavid

i'm in too. even though i have a 'normal' GPRS plan at the mo. frankly i am to scared of using it at all, as i have no idea how much it is going to cost me?!

it strikes me that orange have probably been doing quite well out the promo pack. an extra 6 quid a month from all spv users must add up to a fair wack and their costs for data must be negligable. i was thinking. who would stay on unlimited gprs if the price was upped to 10 quid a month? i would definately do that even though that would mean increasing my bill by about 30%. ten quid a month from most spv users would surely satisfy the orange peeps. they would also get far more people using it.