QuickNames - Automatic HyperLinking of Words

Guest madu

Guest MoRFLeZ

I originally thought a link to Midnights site, but it might generate extra massive traffic *hehe*! So if one post here at MoDaCo could be updated with every new tweak, that might work better =)

Guest MoRFLeZ

Hehe... ummm isn't it just a matter of copy pasting midnight's tweak site *blink*!

I'd be happy to abuse my ctrl + c keys ... but maybe I should wait for green light from midnight!?

QuickNames are a great idea - and the ability to stop it linking by using "_" is useful.

However, is there a way to add the underscore to a word (to stop it auto-linking) without the underscore showing in the posted message (or sig in my case!)? I suspect that there is a bit of HTML using Alt codes that will do it, but I haven't managed it yet (assuming it's even possible! :lol:).

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest carlosp_uk
sorry but just a small gripe :) mainly in customisation when someone is writing about a new homescreen they might say "check out my new homescreen people might think that it is a link to the file admittadly only thick people like me. i dont actually think there is any solution and you are doing a great job so feel free to ignore me

No, I've done this several times by mistake too - perhaps the one for HOMESCREEN could be removed?

• 3 months later...
Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Just so people know, i updated the "homescreen" quicklink to point at the Homescreen customisation/download forum, and not the tips thread :D