SPV Registry tweaks

Guest TSCRYPTO

Guest priccijr
I have just installed the PHM RegEdit tool and have saved my Registry settings to my card. Now I want to have a bit of a poke around inside the registry and if possible, make some adjustments.

Is this the Pocket PC PHM regedit or another version? If so is there a thread that explains which PPC software works on the SpV?

Thanks

Guest TSCRYPTO

PHM RegEdit is a good little tool - quick and easy to use.

Useless tweak of the week

My journey into setting NotBad as the default text file reader has led me to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT - default icon settings. While I am still attempting to fix the text file prob, I have found that with slight adustments, you can change the icons used for various files...for instance go to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/txtfile/DefaultIcon

and change the string data from

iexplore.exe,-1006 to iexplore.exe, 1004

(Dont forget to back up your registry settings first). Re-boot the phone and then have a look at any text files you have stored and voila a NEW icon (the default .jpg one in this case).

Of course this can be done for any other file extensions - eg jpegs, gifs etc.

So what use are tweaks like this? Well, bugger all really. But if you feel like being a bit unconventional, what better way to show this than by having a gif icon for a text file?

:roll:

Sh*t, Im a bit bored tonight - can you tell?

:?

Guest Thurstan

Midnight/Tyscripto: Any chance of you two putting your heads together and coming up with a collated guide/description of what you can tweak in the registry and how to do it?

Could be put up as a sticky if the mods agree, and added to as we discover more... just a thought

Guest TSCRYPTO

I have been a bit slack over the last few days, but I will try and have a look this week and see what I can come up with.

BTW, nice website, midnight.

:)

Guest jim80b

got fix for notbad. simply put path in "path".

i got txt files to open directly in notbad. you can also create .ini and .skn key entries and assioate them the same way.

ohh and avi... so pocket mvp opens them directly :-)

Guest v1nn1e

I realise you can Point to a ring tone on the sd card for the default ringtone. Is it possible for a contact designated ringtone to be on a the storage card?

Guest midnight

not really, that isnt in the registry, it is possible to a certain degree, but will be reset if you do a reboot and so pretty pointless (for now)

Guest jim80b

hey midnight.

about your images, apart from the call.gif, work fine from a storage card.

so volume, info, question and yell gifs all work fine from the card. but not call.

anyways i really want to change the "call in progress" screen but cant find it in reg anywhere. have you any ideas???

Guest midnight

the call .gif is only used for incoming calls, not outgoing calls

the outgoing call logo is something different, it is mentioned in my tweaks, just be VERY carefull with it as it can totally reset your phone if you get it wrong. (and those two logos MUST be on the phone, cant stress that enough :wink:)