sending mms thru globe using smart amazing phone

Guest jabonga

Guest terrible

@martin,

If you visit the ESATO forum (I am also a regular there BTW because I'm using a P800 and used to be a Globe postpaid subscriber until I switched to Smart's Addict) and go to the thread for Philippine P800 users, you will find that there are a number of posts from Globe prepaid users who say they can browse the WEB. Their only problem is that when their credits are down to 1 Peso, they think Globe blocks the internet or WEB part while still allowing them access to the free WAP.

With Smart, it is easy, right after you send the activate GPRS request, you will see the "G" in your SAP. But for Globe prepaid, it is easier. Globe prepaid comes with GPRS pre-activated. You just need to have the right Internet and WAP accounts setup in your phone (data connection for the SAP).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mariolouis

@terrible

That was before Globe started blocking ports to the www.globe.com.ph APN to limit the connection to WAP only. We used to access HTTP using the WAP apn. So browsing the net was free. Unfortunately, it ain't working now. You have to use internet.globe.com.ph APN to access HTTP but it is only provided for postpaid subscribers. The cost of which is .25c/kb data transferred.

• 3 months later...
Guest zpanda

hello people

i already send and recieve mms from globe but when i add to configure for smart gprs, mms, and wap, my phone cant send anymore.

have u tried two settings in data connection like globe mms, gprs, wap and smart mms, gprs, wap?

when i delete the smart mms, gprs, wap and wap proxy, my globe sim can send, receive and surf wap pages?

pls help me.

thanks

Guest mariolouis

@zpanda

you definitely need to delete the proxy and change it to globe's. that's one limitation/problem i get when changing sims coz i still need to reconfigure the settings everytime. you cannot assign any connection to a definite proxy.

Guest D2R_Russel

Gobe MMS still not workin on mine..i bought a new Glopbe prepaid sim. Used a t610 to activate mms on it by : Go T610 2 2951. it saved d settings. ito na ba yung activated account??? Do you still have to delete all smart settings in data connections? pls help.. :roll: how do you activate globe mms ba talaga? i have d proxy,gprs,nd mms settings right naman.. ;)

• 3 months later...
Guest pritos13

If we can't use the Globe GPRS to surf HTTP sites, can we use the Globe WAP to browse WAP sites? Ano ang settings para sa WAP? Ang dami settings pero postpaid lang gumagana. Ano dapat na address sa Internet Explorer ng SAP para ma-access ang WAP ng Globe? Please straighten out this big time problem.

Required:

Working Globe WAP Settings

WAP URL or address used in the Internet Explorer

Guest rcperez

try searching "Smart Globe Simply Amazing" for the activation of GPRS on your SAP on Globe networks.

Everything is 100% Working on Globe.

GPRS - Pay Version and their Free Version

MMS - Receive/Send (Working on Nokia 7650/3650 Send and Receive)

WAP - I think globe did away with this old protocol

Enjoy! :)

Guest aw3s0me

hi.... just wanna ask about the mms settings... the gprs seettings of globe works fine with my p0n.. but the problem is on sending mms. i was able to send 1 mms.. then after that.. ayaw na.. wala daw network.. pls help.. thanks.. im leaving my no. 09178246728 if ever cno gusto tumulong.. thanks....

Settings - Accessories - MMS setup

First field: MMS connection

IP: 192.40.100.20

Port: 9201 (or try port 9203)

Mmsc Address: http://192.40.100.22:10021/mmsc

hmmm...gumagana na kc gprs, pero sa mms...dito ko makita ung "accessories" under sa settings...saan ba ito?? or is its just me? any help?

im using qtek

turon

Settings - Accessories - MMS setup  

First field: MMS connection  

IP: 192.40.100.20  

Port: 9201 (or try port 9203)  

Mmsc Address: http://192.40.100.22:10021/mmsc

hmmm...gumagana na kc gprs, pero sa mms...dito ko makita ung "accessories" under sa settings...saan ba ito?? or is its just me? any help?

im using qtek

turon

got it already!!! pero ayaw gumana yahoo messenger....pls may kailangan pa b gawin?? ksi try ko sa iba fone, ok naman yahoo msgr

turon

Guest rcperez

This might help with all your woes;

Smart Globe Simply Amazing

If you want to use Yahoo or browse anything outside My Globe then change the settings to internet.globe.com.ph (Globe Internet GPRS)

As for the MMS settings, if you were able to send a MMS once, try going to the link above and download the GlobeSettings Patch. Hope that helps.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
This might help with all your woes;

Smart Globe Simply Amazing

If you want to use Yahoo or browse anything outside My Globe then change the settings to internet.globe.com.ph (Globe Internet GPRS)

As for the MMS settings, if you were able to send a MMS once, try going to the link above and download the GlobeSettings Patch. Hope that helps.

:) :D :lol: galing naman

Guest casperr

even if you got the right settings, that doesnt mean it will work if globe hasnt activated your GPRS. They have to activate the GPRS for the free apn and for the paid apn, sometimes u can access through the www apn but not on the paid one. Weird eh?

Guest casperr

that doesnt mean, it really is.

ganyan din sila sa akin when i ask them questions :lol:

how do i know? one sim is working and one is not, using the same cellphone :shock:

• 4 months later...