Upgrading from 1.3.6.7 to version 1.3.7.8

Guest bensy

Guest grifter

just downloaded the 10.2MB Rom update from Smart. I'm now flashing my phone's ROM. It's erasing the old software. Yoiks! hehe...

*fingers crossed*

Guest bensy

Success! No change in home, skins, tones, etc... (none that I can see at the moment)

And it won't lock a previously lock, open line phone.

Guest mlkanapi

Success here also!

All previously installed apps are running. I kept the SD card in the phone during this upgrade. I am very pleased with having action backup/update

Just have to check if it remains unlocked...

Guest mlkanapi

Still unlocked.

I did notice something new. A character counter is now present on the left upper part of the screen when composing a text message.

I wonder if this is a new feature packaged with the upgrade :shock:

Guest dinoalbert

I was able to download also the upgrade software but I guess I have to wait a little more and hear feedbacks from you guys. Im not really excited about the Action Engine......... but YES! sms character counter would be cool, just what I need! I believe thats a new feature because I dont have that one in my Tanager now.

Guest dinoalbert

Those who were able to upgrade...

1. Whats new aside from Action Backup/Update and SMS counter?

2. Can anyone confirm...some say it has now the SMS character counter, some say it doesnt have?

3. Does the SMS character counter work properly?

4. Hows the GPRS and MMS? No problem so far?

Guest grifter

1. Whats new aside from Action Backup/Update and SMS counter?

>> that's about it.

2. Can anyone confirm...some say it has now the SMS character counter, some say it doesnt have?

>> it has the SMS counter but ONLY if you type in numbers in the TO field. If pull up a recipient from the contact list, it won't display the SMS counter. I think the SAP thinks that you're sending an email.

3. Does the SMS character counter work properly?

>> it does

4. Hows the GPRS and MMS? No problem so far?

>> same as before.

Guest dinoalbert

@grifter thanks for the info.

hey I got a tip from the other forum on how to make the counter work with SMS! After you enter the recipient from your contacts, just type any number after it (ex: 0) and viola! you now have the sms counter working. After composing the message, just go back to the TO field and delete the number you typed. :wink:

try it!

Guest bongmanuel

I already have the Action Backup and Action Update on my programs when I got the phone. Do I still need to upgrade my SAP?

Guest dinoalbert

The latest version is 1.3.7.8

check your phone....goto Programs-->Settings-->About

see if yours is 1.3.7.8......if so, you dont need the upgrade since you already have the latest ROM version

the upgrade is for those who got their smartphone when it first came out, with version 1.3.6.7

cheers..

Guest dinoalbert

Upgraded my phone successfully :(

new visible feature with ROM version 1.3.7.8:

Action Backup

Action Update

SMS counter

thats it? :)

cheers...

Guest jabez

I don't know if this could be called a trick:

I was upgrading my sister's SAP ... we got to bootloader mode (the tri-color "Canary" screen which those with SIM-unlocked phones know by now). It just stuck in there for 20 minutes ... nothing happening.

So, with fingers crossed, we tried turning off the celfone and disconnecting it from the USB cable. It wouldn't turn off with the power button ... so we had no choice but to take off the battery and wait for 30 seconds... When we powered it up ... we still had the tri-color screen.

We called *888 ... we were told to go to the Wireless Center ... uh-oh

Hoping against hope ... we tried re-connecting the phone to the PC ... ActiveSync won't work ... still we re-started the upgrade program ...

and waited ...

ALAS! ... it worked seamlessly up to the finish ...

Then I tried it on my own phone ... same scenario ... "hanging" at the tri-color screen ...

To make the long story short ... I just did what I did with mhy sister's phone

WOW! Seamless upgrade up to finish ...

BUT ... I misplaced the Globe SIM I borrowed ... Is my phone still open? ... we'll find out tomorrow . . .