SMART Amazing Phone Users forum with SMART - May 24

Guest ppcsurfr

Guest ppcsurfr

There will be a forum type meeting at SMART Communications, 33rd Floor, SMART Tower, Ayala Avenue, Makati City at 2pm.

Newbies and Advanced users are invited. This will be hosted by SMART Communications.

Here is a chance to ask your questions and solve your problems. Please let me know if you are interested.

Mabuhay ~ Carlo (ppcsurfr)

President

Guest mlkanapi

Hi Carlo,

I am interested to attend. Can I invite 4 of my friends who I showed off my SAP to and who eventually bought one? Will you need their confirmation and names?

Thanks,

mlkanapi

Guest rtsport

hi

i wish i could attend the meeting/forum but unfortunately, i will be going out-of-town this weekend...

I hope SMART would do something to bring/import full replacement casings for the Smart Amazing phone -- front, side, and back covers and the screen to get rid of those scratches...

Oh and the accessories - extra batteries, headset, travel charger, cables, etc.

Thanks.

Guest Gecko

Got a call from Smart about this. There will be clinics and software updates daw. I would love to go but i cant due to prior engagement. The thing is when i asked the Smart rep if the upgrades can also be done through the wireless centers for those of us who couldnt attend, the answer was no.

If there's anyone from smart who could make decisions here, please do something about it. Not all of us can attend that and whatever benefits you give to some users should be available to all.

Guest Raffy

I also would love to attend but a prior commitment wouldn't let me. For those who will attend, pls communicate with Smart and HTC my concern as discussed in this forum topic "A Bug or Not..." and other reported bugs.

I agree with Gecko that any ROM updates to those who will attend must be given to all.

I'm sure our moderator will take care of our concerns and update us of the forum.

Raffy

Guest jabez

Could we please have some news about the Smart Amazing Phone forum?

Anything noteworthy ... please ... please ... please!

Thanks in advance ... Mabuhay!

Guest v3il

what happened in the forums tonight??

I tried to get a headset from the wireless center in megamall.

out of stock! hassle naman.

Guest ppcsurfr

SMART Communications is putting so much effort into this as they see the platform as a new and innovative way of... communicating???

Anyway, SMART wants to make the most of the Tanager and the Smartphone 2002 platform. This, while being so far the best way to bring oyur Outlook info with you, still has a few quirks in it...

SMART wanted to hear the problems so they can forward them to both HTC and Microsoft in their effort to turn the platform into one which is... Simply Amazing...

So whatever transpired in the event was basically the users airing their findings, flaws, quirks, bugs, and the things they like... and we had a bit of a show-and-tell session showing off modified XML files and HomeScreens... some talk about hacking the registry and making the Smartphone more... tailored to the user.

Mabuhay ~ Carlo (ppcsurfr)

President

Guest mammoth

does anyone know what the exact diff is between the upgrade and the older version of the software? any advantags or (hidden)disadvantages? i've already downloaded the upgrade but i'm just not so sure if it would do more good to the phone than it would otherwise :)

Guest v3il

smart's local support for the sap really bites big chunks.

I still can't find a bloody handsfree headset for mine.

they don't have it in mega, podium or in virra.

I have to go to rufino towers pa ata... and thats not even guaranteed

Guest rodnav

hi

i got my my SAP just this month and i've been reading ur post here. they have been really helpful.

any of u guys having problems with the infrared reception in the SAP?

i went to a smart wireless center today and it worked fine there, i don't know why it worked, but it never worked when i tried it with my friends' phones. anyway, they didn't replace the unit but they said they would reformat it, with a 1.3.something.9 ROM, maybe it's the new update.

oh well, will find out tomorrow when i get my phone back.

Guest mapaman
hi

i got my my SAP just this month and i've been reading ur post here. they have been really helpful.  

any of u guys having problems with the infrared reception in the SAP?

i went to a smart wireless center today and it worked fine there, i don't know why it worked, but it never worked when i tried it with my friends' phones. anyway, they didn't replace the unit but they said they would reformat it, with a 1.3.something.9 ROM, maybe it's the new update.  

oh well, will find out tomorrow when i get my phone back.

Yes, I have the same problem with my IR reception.

Please let us know if that new ROM works, right now I have upgraded to 1.3.7.8 and it's good to know that .9 is already being tested.

Thanks!