Dope Wars

Guest youngerpants

Guest youngerpants

OK, its a bit of a lame game, but strangely playable

I've managed to grab the source code for this from http://www.bbsdocumentary.com/research/PRO...DOORS/DOPEWARS/ if anyone would be good enough to port it... I souldnt imagine it will be too tricky for someone who has ported a game to SmartPhone before

thanking in advance (and if Carsten Schack-Eriksen could make it so high scores could be saved to the internet... super cool!)

dopewarssrc.zip

• 7 months later...

I know this was posted ages ago, but afaik no-one has done anything about it. Is there a kind developer who could port this? I'm kind of surprised it's not happened as on the face of it it seems an ideal game for a phone - no graphics but strangely addictive!

Guest spacecowboy6982

The good news guys is that DopeWars exists :) However due to my utter hatred of Java :twisted:, I dont play it : Get yourself the java engine and somewhere in the stickys the .jad dopewars file

SpaceCowboy

Guest spacecowboy6982
The good news guys is that DopeWars exists :lol: However due to my utter hatred of Java :twisted:, I dont play it : Get yourself the java engine and somewhere in the stickys the .jad dopewars file

SpaceCowboy

Have you guys tried the Java version - its complicated to start off with but it does for a few shifty deals here and there ;) lol

spacecowboy

Mmmm... after about an hour of trudging thru past posts - it would seem that the java engine is no longer available!! @#!%@^^@ :cry:

Guess I'll have to wait for some kind soul to port the game!!

Guest Bunchie

Having taken a look at the source code I don't think it would be too difficult to port it over. Its just the controls side of things that needs to be adjusted. Unfortunately I have no experience of Smartphone development whatsoever. There surely has to be some kind developer out there who could dedicate an afternoon to porting this amazing game over? It really would be worth it!

Guest Richie M
Having taken a look at the source code I don't think it would be too difficult to port it over. Its just the controls side of things that needs to be adjusted. Unfortunately I have no experience of Smartphone development whatsoever. There surely has to be some kind developer out there who could dedicate an afternoon to porting this amazing game over? It really would be worth it!

No the main problem with porting this is that it uses MFC lib, and therefore it would one hell of a job - basically it would be a rewrite.

I'm with moo_ski_doo :|

Guest chipesterkhan

please please please please please

dopewars is the best game and it is highly addictive... it's been a long time since ive played that game and i need to have my fix on my spv

Guest dculbert

I have to say - I would think about reducing the amount of time I spend shooting up and becoming a crack whore if this game was on my e200.

Pweeeaseee?