Dope Wars

Guest youngerpants

i tell you what... i will have a word with a couple of mates :lol: and see if they have a few days spare..

i know one of them single handedly posted doom onto his pda years ago.. he is now a .net developer.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Yes, I had the java version working.

The user interface is very clunky (two or three button presses for each action), but it works. Not much fun because of this though.

Nobodies fault, that's just the way Java MIDP GUIs are implemented.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ratty1968

Just been reading and laughing at these posts!!!! Dope wars a fond memory such a simple game to view! such an addictive game to play.

My smartphone turns up in the new year i hope someone sorted out by then!!!

PLS PLS PLS

Good luck

Guest spacecowboy6982
i have mentioned this to muff, but we are kinda busy on other stuff at the moment, if we get time we'll do it if no-one else does first :)

Still waiting lol.

Mind you, Kumites a must have so i think people would prefer to see that -everyones going to have that on their phone one day - awesome game :!:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ratty1968

Hi

My smartphone arrived a few days ago, and with the help of these forums and you lovely people it is now unlocked and working on O2. now i've looked at all the games you can dload (there ok i spose) waiting for a biggermemory card for Quake. But DOPEWARS would be me happy and contented for a very long time....... how long b4 it turns up on here then?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest phonesmarts

i just realized something...i once made a dope wars clone on a TI-83 (oh that was fun)...but is it possible to code it in HTML? (BTW, can the phone run javascript?)

• 4 months later...
Guest bartdesign

Lol, it's not the screen shots that count. It's a normally text based game. Download a win32 port roozbeh, or maybe for the pocket pc if u have one. The game is about selling drugs but it's so damn addictive i once played it 48 hours non stop.(seriously) It's a great game and I think you will find that out youself. :D It's fairly portable only i don't have the skills :roll: there is a freeware pocket pc port which should be easy as hell(only the interface). Good luck.

Guest djboo

the only version of dopewars i ever played was dos based. surely this is the best version to port. if someone can find this, i may have a go at making a port, as it shouldnt be too hard and the practice would be nice.

Guest bartdesign

The first version i played was on unix when it came out(on my trusty bbs)... But for easy porting i would suggest a pocketpc port becouse you only need to design the gui.

Guest sadistsly

nah the Win32 version is the one that needs, proting, its still reall simple, but some animation that goes with events makes it a bit more intersting im sure the Smartphones are more than capable of running it, infact who ever ports it could make an even better version than the PC one

Guest nickmclaren

dope wars, now how i would love to play that game on my phone.smartphones are so cool, you can do everything you could on an old PC, but in a dinky little box. i have monkey island my phone, how cool is that, but back to the point, is there a nice friendly developer who could sort out this game, please