spv mobil video trial

Guest superkingdave

Guest superkingdave

just got an email from orange trials about this trial which i have now aplied for... Trial Name

SPV Mobile video trial

Trial Details

This mobile video trial enables triallists to view

short video clips on an SPV. Triallists will be

forwarded a number of text messages each day,

with each of those text messages containing a

link. When the link is clicked a short clip will be

played. Triallists will also be able to browse a

WAP page to choose further clips to play on their

phone. The trial is due to begin on Monday 24th

March 2003 and will last for 6 weeks. Places are

limited on this trial so please register your

interest at the earliest opportunity.

Incentives

People selected for this trial will be given the

Orange GPRS access pack free of charge for the

duration of the trial.

whats the free gprs access pack contain? sounds good to me though

Guest spiderboy

Just recieved the answer from Orange

"People selected for this trial will be given the Orange GPRS access pack free of charge for the duration of the trial."

So free GPRS till June.... That has to be good....

Guest spiderboy

This is the complete trial text.

Trial Details: This mobile video trial enables triallists to view short video clips on an SPV. Triallists will be forwarded a number of text messages each day, with each of those text messages containing a link. When the link is clicked a short clip will be played. Triallists will also be able to browse a WAP page to choose further clips to play on their phone. The trial is due to begin on Monday 24th March 2003 and will last for 6 weeks. Places are limited on this trial so please register your interest at the earliest opportunity.

Incentives: People selected for this trial will be given the Orange GPRS access pack free of charge for the duration of the trial.

Start Date: 1/3/2003

End Date: 1/6/2003

Guest lycrawearer

I had a similar email - exactly the same wording, but offering me a free 7650, (mine to keep after the trial had finished) and free GPRS access for the duration of the trial ! Needless to say - I signed up for it !

Okay - it's a 7650 (didn't think Orange done them anymore) - but's it free !

lycrawearer

Guest Firaas

I'm assuming that those signed up for the Music Lounge/Urvasi trial will not be put forward for this trial as their dates cross...

Someone correct me if this hasn't been the case?

Guest ClintEastman

I think you might be right, i for one have not been put forward, not that im too fussed.

I guess that Music Lounge trialists will get free GPRS too.

Guest Firaas
I guess that Music Lounge trialists will get free GPRS too.

Yep, although I'm not sure what they'd do for the last two months as the trial starts on April 7th and ends in three months, the latter two of which don't have the unlimited GPRS...

Guest ssj_kakarot

so does any body know how much the inclusive meg limit is with the gprs access pack, or is every thing we use going to be free???

Guest Firaas
so does any body know how much the inclusive meg limit is with the gprs access pack, or is every thing we use going to be free???

Unlimited.

They can't kick you off for abusing until you get warned, and you'll be in your final month in April anyhow.

Guest ssj_kakarot

really unlimited gprs for free hey doesnt seem to be a down side to this, very good indeed, might make up for the fack i just lost 6 weeks of the gprs pack as my phone has been away for repair for that long.

Guest ajb3000

the access pack for WAP only, and someone mentioned above about it being on a WAP page. Does anyone know if it's possible to stream video over WAP?

Guest Firaas
the access pack for WAP only, and someone mentioned above about it being on a WAP page.  Does anyone know if it's possible to stream video over WAP?

AFAIK no, as the WAP dial number is very restrictive on what you can access - otherwise people could surf normal sites on it for £4 a month.

And it's only 9.6k.

Guest omar_g

Orange will be streaming video over their GPRS WAP connection. Usually data under the access pack is limited to WAP pages only, but in the case of the trial it will be extended to allow for streaming.

The access pack comes in two flavours, CSD and GPRS, naturally you will be using the GPRS access for the trial.

Guest lycrawearer

Well - don't know if it's relevant - but I received an email from Orange this morning saying I had been selected for the Mobile Video Trial, and that a new Nokia 7650 will be with me by Monday !

The phone is mine to keep after 6 weeks, providing I submit all questionnaires requested of me !

So - now I have an SPV, and shortly a Nokia 7650 :-)

Lycrawearer

Guest rikmartin
Well - don't know if it's relevant - but I received an email from Orange this morning saying I had been selected for the Mobile Video Trial, and that a new Nokia 7650 will be with me by Monday !

The phone is mine to keep after 6 weeks, providing I submit all questionnaires requested of me !

So - now I have an SPV, and shortly a Nokia 7650 :-)

Lycrawearer

Same here,,, not sure how many questions they will ask though

BTW... does GPRS work from abroad or do I have to be in the UK

Thanks

I've signed up for the video streaming trial - but what I want to know is will Orange address the problem with streaming media that the SPV currently has? When trying to listen to streamed radio, I only manage to get around 10 seconds of uninterrupted play before the phone has to buffer more data. Others have also reported the problem and mentioned that it got worse after the update.

Hmmmm.... maybe another software update then :) Oh no - probably lose the ability to de-cert afterwards - I feel a dilemma coming on.....

Hax

Guest ashley

I've signed up for this trial but i reckon it's dead in the water now they've slowed down the GPRS.

I downloaded a 300K file through the phone and it averaged 1.3Kb a second. There's no way video will stream at that speed! :)

Ashley

Guest rossy

Ive just filled out the 1st questionaire for the trial. I have not been told anything about getting a 7650 though..... does everyone get one?..... and if they do what is the point if the trial is meant for the SPV?....

I think it depends on how your profile was setup in the Trials "My Account" section. There are two versions of the trial - one for people who'd already indicated they had SPV's, we are just supposed to get the free GPRS, but if your profile indicated that you had a different phone then you got offered the 7650 as well.