spv mobil video trial

Guest superkingdave

Guest flashfodder

I'll have to do this trial later as I'm nearly off to work.

Is there a comments section as I'd love to tell them I'll be watching 'The Italian Job' (The Whole Film) on my way to work today?

Guest lycrawearer

Ian wrote

I think it depends on how your profile was setup in the Trials "My Account" section. There are two versions of the trial - one for people who'd already indicated they had SPV's, we are just supposed to get the free GPRS, but if your profile indicated that you had a different phone then you got offered the 7650 as well.

Not sure if that's true Ian .... I've had the SPV on my profile since joining the Orange Trials website in Nov 2002 - so Orange are well aware that I own an SPV ....

The trial has always been labelled "Nokia 7650 Mobile Video Trial" - even when it appeared on the screen called "My Future Trials" ....

Either way - I'm not complaining ! Always fancied a Nokia 7650 to have a play with :-) What I also fancy is a P800 ... now that would be nice !!!

Lycrawearer

Guest MARKUKCOUK

gutted.

I got both lol, but didnt notice you get a FREE phone, so i deleted it.

ive lost the account details now, and on my new account ive not been offered either :)

does anyone have the direct link to the signup.

goto future trials, and if your offered a trial, right click the link, and goto copy shortcut.

then if poss, could someone PM me the copied shortcut? i have the trialid number, but I dont have the filename of the signup .php file!!!

;):(:D

There used to be two separate trials listed on the Future Trials link from the login page "Nokia 7650 Mobile Video Trial" and "SPV Mobile Video Trial", once you'd logged in you got one or the other.

I'd assumed it was based on what phone you had, but maybe it was just random (or Orange's selection algorithm code didn't work properly.... :wink: )

Guest lycrawearer

Anyone else received a package this morning ?

My 'new' Nokia 7650 arrived at home earlier today ... haven't had a chance to play with it yet ... (at work until 1pm) ... but I'll be home after that :-)

Lycrawearer

Guest rikmartin

Yep,

I signed up for this trial saying I had the SPV as my phone and good old posty just delivered me a Nokia 7650

They don't supply a instruction manual though, and it is very confusing how to insert the sim without it,, quick check on orange website solves that one though.

The nokia seems a good phone, and perhaps dare i say more stable, but I still seem to prefer the SPV as it is so much more flexible with software and extra features

Anyways, free phone can't be bad (subject to questionaire filling :) )

Thanks

Guest paulcaley

Got mine this morning!!

Had a quick play nothing too serious but when I when to access the video trials site it reported "My number is NULL and cannot be found in the trials list" or words to that effect. Anyone else have this problem?

Guest paulcaley

Thats what I was thinking, but I had my number transfered to orange after I got my SPV so I was just a little concerned that something wasnt quite right!

No faith in technology!!!

Guest rossy

Just had the 1st clip sent to me which was Benny Hill..... run great as had to keep stopping to buffer. anyway, I thought I would ring 156 to check I had the Access Pack enabled by Orange so that I didnt have to pay for the clip. Apparently it had not been enabled, and I would need to contact orange trials..... any ideas anyone of what I should do.... I have emailed Orange trials, but am not holding my breath for a reply!

Guest fraser

You sound never hold your breath while e-mailing. If you want a quick response, use the phone.

However, if you hold your breath on the phone, you can't talk! :wink:

Guest spiderboy

I got my first video to run this morning, an Old benny Hill clip. The only thing is that the media player buffers every 5 seconds so really very annoying to watch any media clip across the web. :evil: :shock:

Guest fraser

Who needs a trial? Any SPV owner could tell you that streaming video hasn't worked since they messed up GPRS a month ago...

I'm lucky if I can even get passed "Dialing", and that's with 3 bars reception and a replacement phone. And if you do get connected, it's slower than an unscripted conversation with GWB.

Guest lycrawearer

As this topic seems to be drifting ever so slightly towards the 7650 (maybe the SPV mobile Video Trial hasn't started / isn't going ahead) - anyone fancy setting up a Yahoo group or similar, just to discuss the 7650 ?

Might be nice to talk to other trialists, discuss add-ons (like Bluetooth adaptors, software etc) ..

Just a thought !

lycrawearer

Guest karmapolice

Nice of Orange to let me know i was selected for the trial...I received the Benny Hill text this morning and just deleted it thinking it was junk....woops...by the sounds of it i didn't miss much.

Karmapolice

So far the two clips I've had (Benny Hill and Iraq war news) have both been pretty much unwatchable with ten second bursts or video interuppting the fifteen second buffering periods!

I've sent a query to the Orange trials team about this, so we'll wait and see if they're more keen (and hopefully able) to resolve issues than the 156 team!

Hax

Guest fraser

Hax, you'll probably find that part of the reason that the "trials" for this exists because of complaints about streaming media to 156 getting forwarded onwards. This trial isn't anything new, you've been able to stream Windows Media since day one.

I know that we've been able to stream media from day one - just giving feedback that it's still crap (since the update at least!).

I assume that O trials team will be wanting to know about problems such as these and if I get a (useful) reply from them then I'll post it here to update others who want to be able to stream media....

Interestingly, I got an e-mail informing me that there should be a SIM update to mark the phones of trialists to get their GPRS for free. I wonder if O have the capability to update GPRS connection settings (and thereby the quality of streaming media) via SIM updates?

Hax

Guest mattbunce

When I called orange trials to tell them i could not connect to the locations that where in the texts and the WAP site I was told to set the AP for the player to Orange Internet. This is not the ap used in the Access Pack is it? Does this mean we are getting free FULL gprs and not just local orange stuff? Is web browsing, email etc via GPRS charged and the trial stuff not?

Guest gissing

I too had the wrong settings, but even after changing them to Orange Internet, it still doesnt work cos the player still wants to use the Orange GPRS settings??

Guest hotphil

Has anyone find the trial clips reasonably viewable? If so, I'd be interested in what their data connections are set too. Happy to have the news stuttery but need to get the "Adult Entertainment" one nice :wink:

Guest Dylan

Help!

I'm on the SPV video trial but I'm in the US at te moment. 2questions:

1. how do i get GPRS to work on roaming? I'm in Seattle and my phone currently likes to pick up Cingular (although it has also flirted with AT&T and Voicestream).

2. I know the GPRS pack is free during the trial (and i did recieve the SIM update) but what about GPRS roaming charges? is it going to cost me a fortune? in otherwords should i just forget it until i get back home?

wish i had a free 7650....i almost miss my old one................almost.

Guest mattbunce

If you are using the nokia 7650 the player access point settings are strange. If you go into them and not set the access point again it will default to Orange GPRS. just select Orange Internet and hope for the best. Can you get email via Orange Internet? if not, you have a problem with your gprs account. Call them on 360 and get them to look into it.