modified headphones..works great!

Guest g7rqa

Guest v1nn1e

Isn't it better to cut before the wires spilt above the mic? I think the gold ones should be together and the red and green different. In the socket, you can combine both gold ones but solder the coloured ones seperate.

Guest Palindrome

Got it sorted. Paniced a bit there but now ok. Sadly I had to cut below the mic so I've lost that and the volume slider (the price for knowledge I suppose). But anyone else interested can cut above the mic and still keep the volume slider and mic.

The Gold wires are the left and right channels, and the red wire is the common. I imagine the blue wire is the button and the green is the mic but don't quote me on those last two.

Got my phone plugged into the amp, works great. Don't care if it blows up as I bought it 1990.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest siu99spj
SO, my Uncle's 6' 10" ( not kidding ), beat that  :wink:

How about a 7' 4" Uncle? :shock: He is seriously tall. Whats slightly more worrying is his wife is 6' 1" :shock: and yet his two kids (My cousins) are only about as tall as me, (6' 1"~ish). Weird, huh? :?

Guest Coolboy1982

How about a 7' 4" Uncle? :shock: He is seriously tall. Whats slightly more worrying is his wife is 6' 1" :shock: and yet his two kids (My cousins) are only about as tall as me, (6' 1"~ish). Weird, huh? :?

Oh it feels so good seing an old topic revived by this side-discussion that I

started when I said the headphones were too short for me...

On the real topic of this thread:

I'd seriously like to know whether there were lots of people who changed

their earpieces and who are actually happy how it is now!?!

I am still considering this "cut and paste action"...

Guest pisquee

jlowap - I am a pro sound engineer. A well balanced sound system can produce bas, mid and treble equally well. Clarity is in the high-mid to treble end of the spectrum, but without bass and low mid it is not balanced audio.