Logo Certification Process

Guest Brody

Guest Brody

For all of you developers out there...

Quality Logic, the best company for logo certification of smartphone applications (Wipro is another one but it is a joke, we don't recommend Wipro to anybody) writes:

We've streamlined the process for certifying your Pocket PC or Smartphone application. Now, it's quicker and easier than ever!  

The new form takes you through the entire registration process at one time, with step-by-step instructions.  

Improvements include:  

The ability to register multiple products at once, using the same form.  

Integrated, on-line Vendor Test Agreement.  

All information is collected up front, in a single form.  

Pre-calculated payment information.  

For more information about logo testing, send an email to [email protected], or phone (425) 614-2831.

Source of information: http://www.qualitylogic.com/newsletter/q2_...03/tq_logo.html

Guest midnight

logo certification is microsofts mobile to market catalog initiative, it allows you to also put the words....

"Designed for Windows for Smartphone" and place the windows logo on your product, to get this certifiocation the rules are pretty strict as to how your app performs (and is why a lot of developers are asking microsoft to review the whole thing. By the way, Handango only allow apps which have been microsoft logo certified into their catalog (altho apparently theres been a bit of an uproar over this, and handango have apparently cocked up a few times over this aswell). And as you may or may not know, handanbgo are Orange's official app distributors (apparently). Oh, and Logo signing costs another $500 on top of the standard Application signing by Orange, and thats per app (rip off).

And of course App signing as everyone knows is Oranges (and to some degree Microsofts) way of crippling development of apps hehehe, no seriously, I kind of agree to app signing, prevents all sorts of hacking/virus's and other mis-use, just a bit darned expensive for the average bedroom coder.

Guest Brody

Thought they were one of the same! You learn something new every day!! :wink: So how much does the App signing and the logo certification combined cost??

Guest SanPabalo

I like the idea of app signing very much for adding security to my machines and my data.

I would love however for a happy medium to be struck and allow a voluntary organisation or group to be able to check and sign home software or GNU free software so people have a choice of software available or as is often the case get software that solves problems that they have.

I hope that if microsoft uses app signing on their next windows which may also only run signed software that they remove some of the expence and time problems that signing envolves.

Guest midnight

app signing is $495 for 100 signings from geotrust ($695 from verisign), now, 100 signings is per file that has a suffix of .exe, .dll, .mui and .cab. So, one app would take at least 2 of those signings (large apps much more). And, each time you update and release a new version, you have to sign the updated files again, so, theoretically, all 100 signings could be used on one app/game (highly unlikely though). So, average cost of one app, with cab, with a single dll is roughly a tenner.

But, here is one thing i dont know/understand. Games usually use fmod and gapi, which are both dll's. Who's responsibility/cost is it to sign those dll's? is it per game/app, or signed by the makers of fmod/gapi, so it only needs signing once (and then used in multiple apps), can someone throw some light on that?

Logo signing is $300 per app/game from Wipro, and $150 for each retest (if it fails testing, or is updated)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.