Is dusty problem in LCD solved in the new SPV model?

Guest djkat

Guest djkat

HI there,

I like my SPV very much, but there are two things that I hate about it.

1. Dust get into the LCD via keypad very fast ==> make the phone look unattractived

2. The paint of SPV housing very fragile with slight scratch (compare to ericsson)

So I am wondering if the above problems has been solved with the new model of SPV (SPVx, Qtex 7070, SPV E100), since I am planning to upgrade. Please post your comment, thank you.

Keith

Guest awarner [MVP]

It's the Philippines version on the Smart network. It stands for

Smart Amazing Phone it's been around a while now.

PS almost forgot, it's called the I-MATE as well :lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest titaniumcross

I love my SAP, it doesn't get any dust. It seems that the glass panel has an anti-static dust protector. I've been doing field work for 3 months now and still no dust. :-) most of the people I know that owns SAP also agrees with me on this.

Guest cyrilthefish

The SPV e100 seems much more resistant to scratches than the SPV, i've had one a few weeks and it still looks as good as new. (my old SPV literally lost half it's paint)

as for screen dust, no problems at all on the e100, but my old SPV was completely dust free too :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Matt Whitfield

After 9 months of usage in and out of my pockets my SPV now has a ridiculous amount of dust under the screen... I think I'm gonna have to open her up! Pass the scalpel nurse... :shock: ;)

I'm on my fifth phone, gradually they have been getting better with this. Had the last for a couple of months and no dust at all, latest one is only a few days old. By the way, none of the faults were my fault!!

I think the dust is actually a build problem rather than design. The is a seal around the screen, but on some phones it's not fitted very well.