A new Homescreen....UPDATED

Guest Deemon

Guest Deemon

Ill do a new version later tonight....

so is the concensus for a blue version ?

am I changing the colour of her outfit also ?

post your wishes ill see what I can do...

Guest mavisdavis

8) with my Xray specs she aint wearing no outfit :shock:

yes blue would be cool ...try a few changes to save requests bbut as i'm here now ...Transparent would be great :)

Guest Deemon

Ok here is what the blue version would look like...Im just finishing up so ill post it shortly....Im also going to do a blue version with the pink highlight for the plugins.

After that I shall post up the PSD file for anyone who wants to make further changes....

###############################################UPDATE

Ok

so here are 3 zip files

The new blue version of the home screen.

The blue version with pink highlights...what im currently using.

The PSD file for those who know photoshop.

And if anyone does make a better screen using this setup please remember to post it back here for us all to see....

Enjoy..

bluetest1.jpg

Cheer2_Blue.zip

CheerPSD.zip

Cheer2_Blue_red.zip

Guest mark_g_james

Hi,

My first post to modaco, how exciting :)

Anyway since you asked what other people have done with your excellent screen deemon, I thought I'd share what I did with it a while ago. I just couldn't walk around with a pink phone :!: :wink:

It's not perfect, but I can stare lustfully at her for hours ;) I've also included the plugin jpegs should anyone want to use them with deemons xml :?:

edit: I remembered I'd changed the xml colours a bit as well, so i've included that in the zip too, oh and i'd forgotten to add the mru bitmap :roll:

CheerBlue2.zip

cartoongirl01.jpg

Guest dinoalbert

thanks, deemon! both versions are nice!

thanks also mark! good job guys!

hey what about different color versions....we have pink and blue now...say what about green and yellow or even a white background (girl outfit can remain red) ? so we could have more choices :)

Guest Deemon

well you have everything you need in the PSD file to make any colours you like...Im currently moving over to my new shiny fast PC so itll be a few days b4 im back up to speed at home...If noone has done anymore versions by then Ill knock a few out....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jim80b

Heres a cab for the above.

install, change the homescreen and reboot

i have also added a startup but its not the best as was done just now

this cab contains the homescreen (see the rest of the thread) with my modifications (missed calls and all day event screen, the time has moved and the calander plugin has been made bigger to also show the time and location) the extra screens will also be installed (program background, in call, incomming call and startup)

*all this couldnt be possible without the original skin by Deemon

and midnights tweeks

J's blue cheerleader.CAB

Guest dinoalbert

Hi. Is it possible to install this skin but exclude the extra screens? How?

Or is it okay if after I install this skin I do some tweak so I could use other extra screens of my choice? Will it overwrite the extra screen included in this skin?

Thanks..

Guest nickcornaglia

You could do an install then replace the extra pics with those of your choice....keeping the same names.

Or, for no extra screens. Install. Copy the homescreen files to your PC. Then, delete the homescreen in settings/remove programs, then manually install the homescreen.

Guest Deemon

if no appointments are set i seem to get a bit of corruption in the appointments text field ??? I think its two lines of text in the same spot...

any idea how to fix this ?

otherwise great update !!

Guest jim80b

the calander plugin is set to display " @ " on top line and "In " on bottom

if no appointments it wil still display the @ and In.

edit the home.xml from line 111

Guest dinoalbert
You could do an install then replace the extra pics with those of your choice....keeping the same names.  

Or, for no extra screens. Install. Copy the homescreen files to your PC. Then, delete the homescreen in settings/remove programs, then manually install the homescreen.

Oh its the other way around now that I want :) I like the extra skins (program background, in call, incomming call and startup) ! But I want to use another homescreen. How can I install only those extra skins? Can I install the cab then delete the files in IPSMApp DataHome ? Will it retain the extra skins?

TIA.

Guest nickcornaglia

Using the Modaco Set as an example....the extras are loaded seperately. You could install everything then just change or delete the homescreen skin leaving the Extras onboard.

Guest jim80b

dinoalbert, yes

but the homescreen is quite small so i would leave it there and just choose another in settings.

if u were to delete from the homescreen from the home dir then it might not uninstall

would people like seperate cabs??