Stiffed By Orange!!

Guest Kins

I want to upgrade my phone (6210) to a brand new spanky new SPV. Orange will do this for me for £99 :( I've seen that you can get the SPV for £0.00 from some internet sites. I've been a loyal customer of Orange for over 7 years :D Would they upgrade me for free? In a word NO. They would rather see me disconnect and re-connect. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place I really want an spv and to keep my number but at £99 its a lot. I feel that orange are stiffing their loyal customers, the guy on the phone from customer service agreed competley with me. Does anybody have any suggestions.

Guest Paul [MVP]

Yeah, sucks, I was in the same boat.

Find an O shop that doesn't have em in stock, get a £10 discount for pre-ordering, £20 off for trading in any old crappy handset, that makes it £69.99.

A bit better...

P

Simple, request a pac number, (ie IMPLY you are moving networks).

If this does not 'help' with the price. nothing will

(does anyone know if you can be an orange number, and use the PAC number to go BACK to orange?)

Will

Guest bobbymobile
True ref Disconection request, if that doesnt help, nothing else will, as for PAC request then going back to Orange with PAC, not possible.

Ben

How about get PAC from Orange move your number a T mobile P.A.Y.G. and get a PAC from T mobile and make a new connection with Orange? :wink:

Guest Danlance
That would technically work, get PAC no from orange, transfer to t mobile or somat and get another pac no to go back to orange

Surely you'd be tied to a 12 month contract with another phone company???

Guest Tony Mc

talk to them..

i called up a few weeks ago, said i wanted a SPV.....they said £99.99

so i said..... well i normally get a discount as my bills are really high... so he put me on hold and when he came back he said...yea i can do that for free....

talk to them...threaten to leave if you must!

Tony

Guest Saracen

Same here. I've been on Orange for 3 years, and I've got TONS of my friends to switch to Orange. But the Support people have become really dry these past couple of months. "Afraid not sir!" they say. I'm still only 8 months into my previous upgrade and they want to charge me an extra £75 on top of the £99. ANd my bills weigh in at about £60-80 per month!

Annoying to say the least. Will I have to wait until January? :D

Guest ashes01

u need to trade in ure current handset reg'd on yer account rather than any ole crappy fone....

and u could always take your pac no. to any network pay as you go sim rather than a contract and then come back....

tkae about 10 working days for number change so your looking at just short of 3 weeks (ish)

laters

Guest elementalist

Kins, I updated my 6210 to SPV. They said £99, but they gave me £58 for the old phone. Also, it turned out they only charged £85, so the SPV actually cast £27 in the end.

Keep on at them :)

Guest Shuflie

For anyone else in the same boat that I was in try the following tip. If you are outside your contract period with Orange and want to upgrade to the SPV for free then ask for your existing contract to be transfered to OVP Virgin and buy an SVP on a new contract from any of the online places doing it for free (or 99p). Call orange everyphone from your old number and divert all call to your new number, won't you or the caller anything for the diversion as its done within the network. Only problems are text messages won't be forwarded (just check the old phone/sim every couple of days) and you can't get back onto everday 50 again.

Guest ssj_kakarot

hey really if you are out of your commitment you should be able to get the phone for free i meen companies like this are prepared to offer any thing to keep you with another 12 months contract, its just the same as vodafone were i work, just mention that you will leave if you cant get it for cheap or free and they will put you through a promotions department or go away for a bit and come back with a good offer, i meen they have the power to give them away so just pester them a bit, if you dont get it for free u will get it knocked down and also a good reduced tariff or something.

Guest Shire29

Think yourself lucky, I paid £99 first couple of days they came out, yes I know I could of got it for free if I waited :oops: . At the time I thought I was getting a great deal cause initially it was advertised at £179.

When you look at phones like the Nokia 7210 & the Sharp GX10 on a new contract for about £179 also, I know which one I'd rather have. So despite paying £100 more than I should of :cry: , I still reckon I got a good deal, the phone is great, to me anyways :D

But do try it on with Orange, and quate others getting a free upgrade.

Good luck.

Cheers, Shire

• 1 year later...
Guest Rob_Quads
"]Yeah, sucks, I was in the same boat.

Find an O shop that doesn't have em in stock, get a £10 discount for pre-ordering, £20 off for trading in any old crappy handset, that makes it £69.99.

A bit better...

P

Yup same for me - rang up for a PAC code and the best they could offer on an upgrade was 79.99??????

I don't get the point. WHY. Where is the business sense in it?

If i upgrade I stay with orange and continue to make them money

OR

I get a new contract with a subsidised phone often with cheap into deals which means it take it longer for them to be making money from them. People who ring my old number will not get me answering so the provider for him looses out so at leat 1/4 of them will be orange.

Guest capt_janeway

All I can say is go through to cancellations not CS - that's how I got mine free on ED50 no less!

I just said what do I need to do to cancel and explained that I felt loyal customers were being taken for mugs etc and boom got it for free and arrived the next day :)

Guest Rob_Quads

I previously tried the wanting to leave line too and got nowhere. Instead i will just port the number onto Virgin and then back again and get the best new contract offer I can.

Guest peekie

in holland ive just upgaded to the e200 for 1 year + 290 euros extra to pay that was on saturday now the phone has dropped to 129 euros for the same contract !!!!!

Well it's the time of year when I'm back looking for a new phone with less than 1 month before my contract expires.

I phoned the disconnections dept. and asked to speak to someone about retentions and promotions.

I've got the original SPV and am on ED50.

I said I'd like the E200 but am not willing to pay the quoted price as I felt I was a loyal O customer and I was considering leaving. I also said I was considering moving from ED50 and wondered what special talkplan promo's they had.

Here is the response:

I can get the 200 minutes talkplan with an additional 200 free minutes (anytimeany network) for £30p.m. but will need to pay £100 for the handset.

I can get the 120 minutes talkplan with an additional 120 free minutes (anytimeany network) for £25p.m. but will need to pay £100 for the handset.

OR.......

I can stay on ED50, and get the handset for......£0.00!!!!

I got O to tell me how much I spend on a monthly basis (approx £39 p.m.) so I might as well stay on ED50 as the other plans once you factor GPRS - £4 and Insurance £5 in I wouldn't really be saving any money and in fact would be giving O and extra £100 (for the handset costs!) -

I'm really hoping that they start chucking some serious deals to the ED50 holders to get them off the tarriff as they were pretty quick to offer me the double talktime promo's.

I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do (though I'll probably stick with ED50, unless I can get them to do the double talktime and phone for free).

My point is (and I did eventually get to it - well done for those who've read the whole post!!! :wink: ) that you've got to keep on at them, they will buckle. When I phoned O a month ago the best they told me the handset would be £49.99. Now it's free, though I thought I would get the promo offer as well so I'm going to continue hassling them until I get the deal I want.

All the best for those out there struggling against the monster known as O.

Fight the good fight!!!

Chin up, Dunkirk spirit and all that!!

South.

Guest mcwarre

Peekie,

Can you not return the phone under 7/14 day promise (if they have that in Holland) and then just buy another one for the lower price???

Guest sponge

That's what I did when I first got my E200. I bought it for £60 then found it free within a few days. So I returned it for a refund and ordered it again from the other company. :)

I hope you can do the same in Holland.

Guest wheresalan

Hiya,

Try what I did, phone O to cancel your contract. They will ask you why. Then say you cannot afford to pay the upgrade price for the phone you what, but you can get it free from an 'Online' company, e.g. OneStopPhoneShop.

Then you get put through to the customer relations dept. Then they will ask the same questions. The guy I spoke to agreed with me that the upgrade price for the phone was expensive (£179.99 for ED50 out of contract) and also told me that O employees have been offered the phone for £50 on upgrade!

Anyway, he put me on hold then came back and said would I be happy to stay with O for another 12 months if I got the phone for free?!?. Obviously I said Yes! And Bam! 8) 2 days later a spanking new E200 - for free on ED50 :D/ (and I thought they wanted to get rid of ED50 customers :wink: )

Couple of tips:

Make it sound genuine, don't lay it on too thick.

Emphasize that you can get the phone for free and make sure you have an example and a company name.

Keep cool, they will offer you a discount maybe not for free, but anything is better than nothing.

Good Luck!

I love when a plan comes together.

Al

p.s. My latest scam with O was after I dropped my E200 at xmas and scratched it. Then phoned O and reported my phone faulty :^o (Buzzing, Battery life. You know the story... 8) ) so they sent me a replacement. I only sent back the handset, battery and charger. And they sent me a brand new box. So now I have 2 sets of all the extras! Come on!!! :)

Same here. I've been on Orange for 3 years, and I've got TONS of my friends to switch to Orange. But the Support people have become really dry these past couple of months. "Afraid not sir!" they say. I'm still only 8 months into my previous upgrade and they want to charge me an extra £75 on top of the £99. ANd my bills weigh in at about £60-80 per month!

Annoying to say the least. Will I have to wait until January?  :)

Possible tip..

I upgraded from the original SPV to the E200 on Friday (yesterday) and had to pay the £75 upgrade fee along with the £99 for charge. Didn't bother me too much as i managed to sell my phone for £145 leaving the E200 costing £30ish.

What i've just remembered is what the lad said to me when i did it...

"oh i've just noticed that you're still on contract with the 02 price match. With some tarriffs we have to charge while you're still under contract."

The main words being with some tarriffs. When i got my original SPV i was still under contract for about 4 months but didn't get charged the upgrade fee - i was also on an Orange tarriff at the time..

So, a month or so before you want to upgrade if still under contract, try changing tarriff then upgrade your phone and change tarriff back

might work ....

tryed that but the orange nl say that the offer i had was good and that the 100 euro saving was another offer ( a day later ) orange uk users should be pleased with their orange as in nl you are not number 1 in their list only a number and if the phone has problems then its sent back for repair even after a day!!!!

Aparantly my monthly bill is only 17.40 GBP (ED50 out of contract by 1 day) so I managed to get it for 79.99 which I didn't think was too bad considering I'm selling the SPV for 100 quid! :)

I was originally told in dec thatI could have it for 99 quid when I was out of contract or 175 in contract. so I waited until I was out of contract. I just hope it doesn't buzz and the battery lasts more than 8 hours....!

Let you know how I get on when it turns up tomorrow hopefully... I ordered it yesturday soit should be heere tomorrow.

Chris