Solution to Failed ROM upgrade (SAP 1.50.28)

Guest spv_dman

Guest spv_dman

One thing that I did, which I think should have no effect naman is to erase the IPSM. It happened lang when I was trying out anything to make my phone operate. Im not sure if this will be a solution. Anyone can validate this?

Guest marky

yes gumana din yung sap 137.exe i dont know kung panu pero gumana na sya........do you suggest na wag na lang mag update to a newer version ng sap???? anu sa palagay mo?????

Guest spv_dman

No problem @marky. I took me a day to restore my phone. I agree @ejoya, don't upgrade to version 1.50 muna, seems may mga bugs pa.

Guest spv_dman

Btw, to those who successfully upgraded to 1.50, ano bang mga benefits? Bumilis ba? Na try nyo bang mag install ng uncertified programs? Does it still permits this?

Guest ejoya

puwede pa rin uncertified programs.. mas bumilis lang ng konti yung menu... pero yun lang.. la ng iba.. ay meron papala.. yung infamous SIMLOCK... hehehe..

Guest spv_dman

I already tried upgrading using another PC, pero sablay pa din. Now I'm reistalling 1.37. Namimili yata ng phone yung upgrade software.

Guest ejoya

yes... nde yun magiinstall kapag nakaboot at may activesync... you should install the update in the 3 color canary mode.. no activesync...

Guest qtboy

tulungan nyo naman ako

ang lumalabas na error :

ERROR 104: CANNOT OPEN ROM IMAGE FILE

im running winxp pro activesync 3.6

i followed your instruction pero ayaw pa rin

the phone boots on canary only

i tried the sd technique pero wala pa rin

regards to all from davao city

Guest rakstar

Advantages with the new ROM? I noticed na mas mabilis siya kumuha ng pix... i'm guessing updated yung IA Camera software (bago din yung icon eh :))

can anyone back me up on this?

Guest ojpogi

I also observed the same thing taking pictures is lil bit faster now.

For the problem in updating new version.

I also experienced the same problem. but after doing the procedure below i have succesfuly update to newer version.

I am using Win98, with latest Active Sync version.

While updating i was stuck in the RGB screen. and getting the same error.

Soln.

1. check the USB connector. observe if the status at the screen if you insert the USB to your phone. The connector serial should be changed to USB.

2. Try to reinsert the USB to the PC. Check the activesync window dont worry if the active sync is not on green. Re run the update program.

3. If this program still doesnt work. Try to Power reset both your PC and your SPV unit. Rerun the update program.

4. Please note, i am using a windows 98 PC.

HTH :idea:

Guest ojpogi

I also observed the same thing taking pictures is lil bit faster now.

For the problem in updating new version.

I also experienced the same problem. but after doing the procedure below i have succesfuly update to newer version.

I am using Win98, with latest Active Sync version.

While updating i was stuck in the RGB screen. and getting the same error.

Soln.

1. check the USB connector. observe if the status at the screen if you insert the USB to your phone. The connector serial should be changed to USB.

2. Try to reinsert the USB to the PC. Check the activesync window dont worry if the active sync is not on green. Re run the update program.

3. If this program still doesnt work. Try to Power reset both your PC and your SPV unit. Rerun the update program.

4. Please note, i am using a windows 98 PC.

HTH :idea:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dewslat
Advantages with the new ROM? I noticed na mas mabilis siya kumuha ng pix... i'm guessing updated yung IA Camera software (bago din yung icon eh :))

can anyone back me up on this?

:oops: dats too bad, what are you going to do with camera anyway if you could not even send theough mms... and i was disappointed when i found out how small the resolution when using the video mode. GOD, and did you see the comercial!!!!

I love my SPV but when they exagerated on its capabilities, F*&k SMART network...

Guest dinoalbert
what are you going to do with camera anyway if you could not even send theough mms

I take photos using the camera and I can send them through MMS no problem at all

note: AFAIK, you cant send MMS to other networks...it should be the same network as yours.

Guest Jassper23
get to a wireless center and let them upgrade your rom. it is easy and worry-free.

Yup that is the best step to do...since the update for SAP does not work for everyone that have SAP.