updating to 1.5 does it really sim lock the spv?

Guest Rolandml

Guest Rolandml

Hello kabayan... I have recently update my spv but the good thing about it is the phone is still sim unlock... does this update really lock spv? :oops:

Guest ppcsurfr

@Rolandml: Hehehe...

Did you update it with the latest version? 1.5.0.28? If so, please check your About page and see if it says so... I'm surprised, you say your phone is still SIM Unlocked?

If that is so, you are really lucky... they normally get locked back to the SMART SIM.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

Guest BrAGoL

@ Rolandml

please clarify your claim that your unit is still SIM Unlock... is it really ver. 1.5.0.28 that you used? or just the 1.3.7.8 version...

many will be delighted from the procedure that you've made... as long as it's true...

Guest Rolandml

Yup that is the latest version Radio version is 1.31.10 and operator is 1.50.28... 100% sure that is the latest version since the people at smart wireless center in robinson, pampanga are the one who update it and I already check on on the settings /about.... that is why I ask people out here if the update really sim lock the smarthphone.

Guest Rolandml

The steps that I done is update the software by downloading the smart update but this update just damaged the smartphone software :D then I try to look for other software update and found the Orange update...."SPV Update - Update and speed up your phone with the 'must have' update." with a file name of "Canary_RUUv0.32_CEv1.35.06_ORG_UK_SHIP_no.smartphone.exe" then it fix the smartphone then use the unlock software to use my smart siim however.... using this software don't allow me reply to any text other feature works fine... so, I decided to erase the orange software then bring it to smartwireless center so, they can update the software :)

then last night I ask my friend who is using globe sim and we try her sim card and wow the phone is still working using globe ;)

Guest Icecold

:cry: Can anyone help me. I want to unlock my SPV but unfortunately i have upgraded my phone to that darn smart update (stooopid).

Can anyone tell me how to dig myself out the hole i created.

Guest spv_dman
Yup that is the latest version Radio version is 1.31.10 and operator is 1.50.28... 100% sure that is the latest version since the people at smart wireless center in robinson, pampanga are the one who update it and I already check on on the settings /about.... that is why I ask people out here if the update really http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Lock the smarthphone.

Hmmm interesting :) Did they use an SD card to upgrade your SAP? Might have been SMART wireless upgraded only your WINCE on top of your existing bootloader. As far as I know, this only happens (SIM unlock remains) when the bootloader is not updated to a version higher than 0.98. What version of bootloader do you have right now? If it's not 1.04, then that solves the mystery :idea:

Guest Rolandml

Hmmm interesting ;) Did they use an SD card to upgrade your SAP? Might have been SMART wireless upgraded only your WINCE on top of your existing bootloader. As far as I know, this only happens (http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Unlock remains) when the bootloader is not updated to a version higher than http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.98. What version of bootloader do you have right now? If it's not 1.04, then that solves the mystery :idea:

I'm not sure about the steps that they done with my sap... but good thing about is the phone is still sim unlock and the boot loader is 1.04. :).

Guest Icecold

:? I have some questions guys is unlocking the same as decerting. what's the difference which should i do fisrt?

after unlocking (network) the phone can i upgrade to that new smart update or will that lock my phone again. if it will lock the phone again then what update should i download as substitute to that smart update thing.

sorry for all theeeeese :?: questions. i'm a bit stumped here

Guest niacin65

Unlocking a phone means SIM unlocking so you can use Sim cards from different providers, or use it in different countries on different frequencies. Sim Unlocking is the first step. Yes, once you do the Smart upgrade, it will Simlock it again. just leave your phone with whatever version of software is working for you, like 1.37. There are almost NO benefits to having the 1.5 Smart Update EXCEPT it locks your phone again, and its a bit faster.

Decerting is so you can install and run unregistered applications. Smart phones are already decerted, Orange app-locks their phones.

:? I have some questions guys is unlocking the same as decerting. what's the difference which should i do fisrt?

after unlocking (network) the phone can i upgrade to that new smart update or will that lock my phone again. if it will lock the phone again then what update should i download as substitute to that smart update thing.  

sorry for all theeeeese :?:  questions. i'm a bit stumped here