Ultimate guide How to UNLOCK when spvunlock doesnt unlock.

Guest hjjorg

Guest hjjorg

:) ;) :D This works for all SPV/SPVx/E100/TANAGE/QTEK7070

I have :shock: scouted the Forums through out.

Its a bit :? messy so its hard to find the things you need :x .

Ok for those who dont have the ability of Downgrading your mobile with MMC cards read this :cry: .

First things first if you are downgrading from** V1.04 then;

You start by downloading from website link below SMART PH 1.3.7.8 version update, that will downgrade your phone back down to v0.99

smartphone france roms

Then after thats done you download Uk update from monolithix web site link below

monolithix website

you must run this software from canary 3 color screen while you are connected through USB.

Again after that is done then you move on to SPVunlock.exe which can also be found at monolithix website on the link above. for running this software you need to Hit keys Crtl + Alt + Del go to task manager and remove process "wcerscomm.exe" then run Unlock.exe

After thats done write the code down restart your phone enter the code after 15 seconds it tells you phone is unlocked.

After what you do is up to you, you can go back to the french link download the version of software preffered, please remember they migh not work while smartphone is in windows so you need to run them from canarys 3 color screen.

AND REMEMBER IF YOU STUFF UP AND GET IT LOCKED THERE IS A WAY AROUND IT !!!!

*This worked for me i am not responsible for anything that might go wrong with your phone while you are doing this. :D B) :lol:

** if you are downgrading from another bootloader which blocked your phone try using the previous version of the update provided by your manufacturer, eg if French use french update, if Dk phil china and arabic same sort of thing.

Guest virgil
:)  ;)  :D This works for all SPV/SPVx/E100/TANAGE/QTEK7070  

I have  :shock: scouted the Forums through out.

Its a bit  :? messy so its hard to find the things you need :x .

Ok for those who dont have the ability of Downgrading your mobile with MMC cards read this :cry: .

First things first  if you are downgrading from V1.04 then;

You start by downloading from website link below SMART PH 1.3.7.8 version update, that will downgrade your phone back down to v0.99

smartphone france roms

Then after thats done you download Uk update from monolithix web site link below  

monolithix website

you must run this software from canary 3 color screen while you are connected through USB.

Again after that is done then you move on to SPVunlock.exe which can also be found at monolithix website on the link above. for running this software you need to Hit keys Crtl + Alt + Del go to http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7065>Task Manager and remove process "wcerscomm.exe" then run Unlock.exe

After thats done write the code down restart your phone enter the code after 15 seconds it tells you phone is unlocked.

After what you do is up to you, you can go back to the french link download the version of software preffered, please remember they migh not work while smartphone is in windows so you need to run them from canarys 3 color screen.

AND REMEMBER IF YOU STUFF UP AND GET IT LOCKED THERE IS A WAY AROUND IT !!!!

*This worked for me i am not responsible for anything that might go wrong with your phone while you are doing this. :D  B)  :lol:

sorry my man, tried your advice- but it didnt work.

1st step doesnt convert version to 0.99 (version from france).

i think the best way is still thru MMC/SD card bootloading.

or else bust :!: :!:

haraharhar :lol: :lol:

Guest hjjorg

Ok what did you do ?

what happened withmine was this.

Every time tried to install a orange update or an update which wasnt from

Smart in the philipines it said it wouldnt work its not the right version of the phone.

But then i read somewhere in here that if you try the update while your phone is on the canary screen it wouldnt give an error and guess what it worked. Also make sure there is not flash/MMC card inserted to your phone, for some reaso mine doesnt like it there while an update is being attempted.

So please let me know what your problem was so maybe i can look at it.

I really would like to help.

**If anyone else tried this and it worked or didnt work please leave a post so i know where i went wrong and stuff **

Thanks

Guest awarner [MVP]
But then i read somewhere in here that if you try the update while your phone is on the canary screen it wouldnt give an error and guess what it worked. Also make sure there is not flash/MMC card inserted to your phone, for some reaso mine doesnt like it there while an update is being attempted.

No go :) there is a alteration you have to make to run another operators

update, but I've forgotten what is is at the moment :oops: Off to hunt for it.

Guest virgil
Ok what did you do ?

what happened withmine was this.  

So please let me know what your problem was so maybe i can look at it.  

I really would like to help.

**If anyone else tried this and it worked or didnt work please leave a post so i know where i went wrong and stuff **

Thanks

ill try do as suggested, i'll keep you posted.

thank for the concern.shucks

Guest virgil

error 113 update error.

when loading SMART PH 1.3.7.8 version update, that will downgrade your phone back down to v0.99 from smartphone france roms .

CAUTION: You are strongly advised NOT to install any foreign ROMs on your phone.

Option1:

Load in 3color Canary/Tanager screen.

Put the phone on cradle. You'll see it says USB bottom-left of the screen.

Run the update.

Option2:

Run update. Get the error message.

Go to Windows on the phone and find DeviceData.txt - copy to PC and open it!

- UK Original will look like this:

ORG_UK          USB 32 1.33.22 D
- SMART file will look like this :
SMT_USA         USB 32 1.37.8 SM

So if you updating to SAP from UK change the ORG_UK to SMT_USA, save file and copy back to Windows, replace.

Now run the update again.

Before you ask, I don't know which menthod is better, but one thing I know for sure is that in Option2 it saves IPSM settings and you don't need to change anything. The bad thing is you don't get all the updates that were made to new IPSM. So for optimal update make a hardreset before you go on installing soft and configing the phone. I didn't, but then I can see what I'm missing. Be careful that it will change MMS/GPRS/ActiveBackup settings to the network that provided the ROM.

I say don't do it, wait for the UK/your carrier's update, these should come any time soon I hope.

Guest virgil

so does this mean, ther's no way to downgrade / unlock a SMART V 1.04?

darn, i've just upgraded it--is there a way back?

pleeeeeaaasee heeeeelp@!!!!

thanks

Guest virgil
Do as Madu said but in reverse, that's the info you need to change that I was trying to find.

Cheers Madu :)

in reverse? how man?

im now confused?

Guest awarner [MVP]

in reverse? how man?

im now confused?

Sorry I was in a rush :oops:

I ment to say the altering the Devicedata.txt you need to change it from the USA to UK (reverse of madu's instructions)

Also the DeviceData.txt file only appears in the windows directory after a

failed install of the update and run from the phone in a normal operating state NOT the canary screen. (Madu asked me to add that bit)

First things first  if you are downgrading from** V1.04 then;

smartphone france roms

monolithix website

Hi,

i just bought my Orange spv over the weekend, and checked that the bootloader version is actually v1.00 on the 3 color canary screen!! I havent seen that version mentioned in the forum so far so will i be able to get away with just running the monolithiix uk update on its own?

Cheers

David

Guest laurence3279

Help, I have a tanager from Smart Philippines, I tried to downgrade the software using the instructions posted here. Unfortunetely my phone is now stuck in the canary mode, I tried reinstall the rom but i get an error message error 113: update error. Then I tried to reinstall the original upgrade(provided by Smart) but when I got the message Upgrading from ROM Ver: it is now blank, It use to have Upgrading from ROM ver 1.xx to rom ver 1.xx. and when i click install it says error 102: Image file checksum error then it said The rom image file to be used for the upgrade is corrupt. Download the correct ROM upgrade and try again. I did but still the same. I ever bought it to SMART and they were not able to fix it, they told me to wait for a week because the SD card with the rom will be available by then, can anyone help? im a newbie so maybe a detail instruction will help. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest StanyDB

@laurence3279

Have same problem here :o

What did Smart do to help u out? Anybody has any idea wat to do?

I love my Tanager :)

changed to "I dont like the Canary screen" :evil:

That's what happened to me today. I just went to Smart Megamall and they were able to fix it by 15-20 minutes. I ask them if they can restore it to the original rom but they told me that as per Smart's policy, all smartphones must be upgraded. I guess they very well know of the sim unlock problem they have. What happend was I was trying to downgrade my phone from rom 1.04 to the original but the screen went blank. Just don't have a budget yet to buy an SD/MMC card.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tersky

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who made contributions to this site. I was finally able to unlock my ver. 99 Smart Amazing Phone. However, I had to use the Orange version (monolithix) to downgrade to ver. .98 then used SPVUnlock. The thing is my unlocked phone is now using the Orange display although it's working. I noticed that the picture manager is better in Smart Amazing than in Orange. Smart Amazing supports video recording and zoom whereas the Orange I have does not. I run to smartphone france roms to download SMART PH 1.3.7.8 to go back to the original but I was too late. They have the PH 1.5.0.28 already which I learned from this site will lock my phone back. Does anybody here have a copy of SMART PH 1.3.7.8? Please help.

Thanks in advance

Guest awarner [MVP]

Once the phone is SIM unlocked it will stay that way, unless you are now refering to Application lock.

I have not heard of any update relocking the SIM but even if it did you already have the unlock code

fron the unlock app.

As for the Picture Manager it will be better on the SMART and Qtek because it's not Picture Manager

it's the IA Album app that is preinstalled on the ROM.

Guest dinoalbert

The Smart 1.50 update will sim-lock a previously unlocked phone....even if you use again the unlock code you got before, it does not work now with the Smart update :)

Guest pcheaven

:)

Yes this works on my ORANGE SPV E100

1. I had bootloader 1.0, so downgraded to .98.

2. go to canary mode

3. run SPVUNLOCK to get phone unlock code.

4. Installed UK1.3.56 from smart phone roms FR

This locked my phone on the orange boot screen. OOPSSS.

5. So in canary mode again i installed rom CZ 1.50.5.11

6. Now the Phone works perfect.

7. Everything perfect, just you get Eurotel spalsh screen on boot, and no english T9.

8. Network free SPV E100.

My vodafone sim works perfect.

Not bad for a newbee, this is my first unlock, made easy thanx to the info and links in this forum

Thanx All

Guest pcheaven
The Smart 1.50 update will sim-lock a previously unlocked phone....even if you use again the unlock code you got before, it does not work now with the Smart update  :)

I used CZ 1.50.5.11

from smart phones fr and my e100 was not sim locked....

Guest Icecold

I'm on bootloader 1.04. and i tried to downgrade to that SMART PH 1.37 (I think) ROM. It gave me the error 113. So i followed the instructions on the screen. I unhooked it from the USB cable and powered it off, waited for 30 seconds and powered it back on. :shock: :cry: :shock: :cry: it just went as far as the canary bootloader screen.

I'm stuck here.

Need help from you all. :?: :roll: :idea: