An e100 for a fiver and a typical Orange "trainer"

Guest Brody

I understand this Brody it is just that people write pages about their bad experiences with trainers. Has anyone ever written about good experiences? No.

People only ever write to complain about us and its wrong. Just because a few bad apples do not understand the phone there is no need to write about it in a manner that degrades us all.

And a lot of people expect general staff to transform into technical experts. Although a few of us do understand most of the spv/spvx inside out, not everyone will share the passion of the platform. It is a niche product and thus only a small proportion are experts in it. Each store should have an "spv expert" as part of the initiative to ensure all customers who purchase one are able to get help and support when they need it so make sure if you guys (and gals) have problems, to go in store and not be afraid to ask for the expert. Its what we are there for.

amo: the point is that they advertise themselves as trainers but "most" know very little about a phone that is branded Orange!

And you should know that it was HTC who built it and microsoft who provided the core os. We just happened to be the first network who took the risk of launching it first. (A point which nobody ever seems to congratulate or thank orange for). We have a range of hundreds of handsets which we have launched on the network. Why is it that you expect staff to understand every single handset inside out?

It has become a personal thing for me as it does reflect badly on myself and this is something I take seriously.

Guest Brody
Each store should have an "spv expert" as part of the initiative to ensure all customers who purchase one are able to get help and support when they need it so make sure if you guys (and gals) have problems, to go in store and not be afraid to ask for the expert.
Why is it that you expect staff to understand every single handset inside out?

However if all of the trainers (or even on or two per store to tie in with Mono's post) were trained then they would get far more sales of the SPV range as it has some very smart features.
I don't!

And you should know that it was HTC who built it and microsoft who provided the core os.

it is their phone after all, at least in terms of branding anyway!
I know! But just because British Airways didn't build their 747's or code the automatic pilot doesn't mean they don't know how to fly them :) (Or at least 3 of the X members of staff on board know how, the others serve food etc!)

It has become a personal thing for me as it does reflect badly on myself and this is something I take seriously.

Be proud that you're one of the few Orange trainers who does know the phone :o

That's a personal comment!

A majour beef I hold is that nobody seems to comment on experiences with staff at the link or phones for you etc. The dealerships. I can guarantee if people think we're bad then they will have a field day complaining about them

Guest morpheus2702

OK, the Link staff are purple-shirted twats, CPW guys are all Essex car salesmen and Phones 4 U people rape goats. Feel better?

Guest mores

the problem is that not all salespeople are interested to know their products. so orange cannot afford to train every single employee for every single phone. so it's up to the employees to be informed. read the manual, google a little, and also have the guts to say "i don't know the answer to your question" instead of making things up.

i once talked my father-in-law into getting an MDA from t-mobile. so we went to the t-mobile store, father-in-lw told the guy at the counter he wanted a new phone. so we were shown all kinds of free phones. i then said that we were interested in getting the MDA. he pointed us to a glass showcase and said "there it is".

that's it.

i then said "can we maybe touch it?".

after he took it out of the showcase, turned it on and gave it to us my father-in-law was excited out of his pants and wanted it right then and there.

the guy was nice, exchanged the broken thing twice without any problems and could answer our questions properly. but i guess his sales skills were not the greatest in this case since he didn't expect an old guy to get a pocket pc phone edition.

hehe :)

anyways, i'm always nice to the sales people, and only when they tell me total bull do i correct them.

Guest FragMeister

I asked in my local O shop about the mobile email gprs promo, from a Phone Trainer (had the posh new shirt and everything). He said that it was his first day in the job (to which I replied, "oh, so you're a Trainee Phone Trainer then..." :wink:)

He asked his colleague who said that the promo was only available to people buying a new phone.

from posts on this forum, this doesnt seem to be correct.

can anyone advise?

Guest markd66

Definately *not* correct. The GPRS mobile email trial is open to old and new customers.

Be quick! Last day for getting the three months FOC is today!

You are probably best advised to ring 156 to get it activated.

Cheers, Mark.

Guest Brody

I just called 150 to attempt to sign up and they tried to put me on WAP offer, I said Noooooo (thanks Paul :)) and that i wanted to be on Free Email promotion and she said it didnt exist! I said that i know people on it and she asked for a phone number, i gave them Paul's and she checked his account, said she thought she knew wot it was and told me that to put me on it she'd have to talk to her supervisor who is on lunch! I'm waiting for a call back in 30 mins! Will let u know :o