SPV replaced by E-100 under Care Cover

Guest SeeJ

Well, my 1st SPV has finally given up the ghost - a couple of keys either don't work, or spit out loads of key presses at once, and the it can't seem to decide whether it wants to stay on the headset profile or not.

So, much to my surprise(I thought I would get a refurbished SPV), I've to receive a brand-new SPV-E100 as a replacement tomorrow morning. Which is great news. But! The camera will not be replaced - the orange call handler informed me that 'it might work, it might not' as a new, improved camera will be released for the E100. Great. Can anyone please tell me if it works or not, and if there are there any improvements in the speed?

2nd question: The battery won't be replaced. Will the old one not look stupid on the new phone?

And another thing: should I put the app. lock back on the phone before handing it back?

Thanks in advance everyone...

If you really are getting an e-100 ring em back NOW. you need a battery and cradle replaced too.

SPV battery will not fit on Spve-100, and it won't (without a big push) fit in the cradle.

Will

NOPE! unless you are getting a full box bundle..

RING THEM NOW and sort it out or else you may get a non working phone until they sort it out.

Will

Just waiting for them to phone me back after they've found the person in the building that's in the know  :)

I thought that it was his day off today? :wink:

He must've been in :)

They're gunna send another courier out with a new battery. No mention of the cradle, hopefully they're sending that too.

What a carry-on!

Guest Gorskar

I think I'll put up with the dust under the screen for anotehr couple of months, when the SPV original is long gone, and all they are dealing is e100 :)

Got my E-100 this morning, and I have to say its a hundred times better than the old one.

Faster, more responsive menus, as they should be.

A sharper, clearer screen.

The camera does work, and updates a lot faste (still a slight delay though).

The keys/ joystick feel a LOT more responsive and easier to press (no more sore thumbs!)

Of course, its hard to tell how much the performance of my previous SPV has deteriorated since it was new (why should it, though?), and all of this has been said before, probably, but just to let y'all know - I'm happy ;)

and it was worth the 15-hour wait :)

Just tried it, and I can't get it to fit :)

and no, they didn't give me a new cradle.

I can just cut away a bit of the plastic on the right of the cradle.....

Guest squall

my spv been with hayes for 2 weeks, im getting it backtomorrow unrepaired, so im getting an orange emergency replacment, an E100. no cradle but does have a battery.

the girl i spoke to said there would likely be some spv's available in the future, but they are getting replaced with e100's just now.

just your luck i guess, to think i was thinking of upgrading before my phone went for a swim!

did you have any problems getting the spv's camera to work wih the e100?

Guest Raify

Yesterday i managed to drown my SPV in milk. (don't ask) and it threw a proper hissy fit. It couldn't find pocket TV, so i re-started it but it went to the Canary screen, and refused to work at all

Great I thought, I can get a new one (without any dust) under orange care. But when i started it today, just to check, the bleeding thing worked!!

Shall i just get it replaced anyway :?

I like the sound of getting a E100!

Guest idavid

i got a replacement due to faulty d-pad and they gave me another normal spv about 10 days ago. i wouldnt presume everyone is getting new e100s as replacements from orange care. as someone else mentioned elsewhere, there are still thousands of spvs sitting in some wharehouse somewhere.

Guest mjheathcote

My SPV would not charge yesterday.

Phoned Orange 7 pm last night and they diagnosed a faulty phone.

They advised that I DID NOT have Orange care. (Which is correct)

Put on hold for 2 minutes.

"out of stock of SPV, so would I except a SPV E100 instead !"

"OK"

"Would you like orange care adding to your account sir ?"

"I'll think about it"

Brand new E100 in my hands at 9:30 am this morning.

The last time my original SPV went faulty I had to send it back to HTC to be repaired.

Note: New E100 and new matching battery. Returned old SPV and battery.

The original camera works, but does not 'click' into place.

The desk top charging stand does not fit the new E100, oversight by Orange me thinks. Ok as I do not use this and sync using infra red.

I am not complaining to Orange for fear of getting an old SPV back to fit the charging base !!!

The E100 is quite simply awesome ! Check out that screen !

Mike.

Guest squall

im sure you could mod your cradle, i will be tomorrow, ad post some pics taken from my e100 :)

Regarding replacements i got mine dispatched today, the girl said they would prob get some back in, not sure when, or how many. reading into it i think they have no stock of refurbished phones, and will only be getting ones in stock which come from warrenty repairs etc. so not huge quantities.

I've managed to get it to fit into the cradle, at last, by cutting away the plastic, but I can't get activesync to recognise it at all! Aaargh!

The phone lights up, so it must be connected OK, but there is no action on the computer side at all. I've tried re-installing active sync, but still no joy.

Has anyonbe had problems with activesync and a new handset? Or is it the e100 its having trouble recognising?

Pleeease help!

ps - ian.s the camera works fine, with a slight speed boost also...

Guest Swift_gti

How did you manage to get them to replace the phone without having Orange Care ?

I phoned them on Tuesday because I have loads of dust under my screen after 1 months use, and my screen went chicken oriental on me and started displaying psycho colours (then repaired its self! :evil: damn thing) so anyway the bloke told me I would need to ring HTC myself and get them to sort it, he also said they *might* charge me if they felt I had damaged the phone!!! :twisted:

Bloody hell - they aint offer me a free E100 on tuesday when some of the buttons stopped working! packed it off to hays today for claim under warrenty! wouldnt send out replacement cause no orange care :-( wish i'd taken it out now even if emergency care!

swift - did he say whether you'd get the option to have it repaired? know theres admin charge of about £20 if no work carried out but they dont just do the work and expect you to pay do they?