SPV replaced by E-100 under Care Cover

Guest SeeJ

Guys - managed to get it working - just needed a bit more filing to get it to sit in the cradle properly. phew!

Everything seems dandy-o at last.

Guest Swift_gti

He said I would have to pay if they thought the problem was due to accident damage :evil: I was there like aye?? yeh whatever mate, this is dust were talking about! how can that be accident damage?!?

I'm gonna try taking it to the local orange shop on monday, are the peeps @ the orange shops authorised to swap my phone if its got problems like that ?

Guest mjheathcote

New e100 without orange care -my lucky day for once!

Like I said, back in March I had to send my phone in for repair because no orange care.

When they said that I did not have Orange care, I replied that the phone is less than 12 months old, ......pause......."would you accept the SPV e100 as we are currently out of SPV stock at present"

Mike.

Guest Swift_gti

So how come Orange are swapping phones for us peeps without O Care then ? You would have thought they'd be sending them all off to be repaired....

(not complaining tho.. fingers x'd I can wangle an e100 as a replacement :) )

Guest squall
wouldnt send out replacement cause no orange care :-( wish i'd taken it out now even if emergency care!

you can get an orange emergency replacement for £70, i did this, and am getting an spv e100 delivered tomorrow

and as for hayes, you they will inspect the phone on arrival, and contact you by post if the fault isnt warrenty. if it is warrenty you dont have to pay anything and will get the phone back within 3-4 working days.

If your fault is not warrenty related you will be sent a quote, with the options of

1. accepting and paying for the repair

2. no repair, but have your phone retuned for £17.63

3. do nothing, you wont get your phone back and you dont owe them anything

if your phone is unrepairable you have to pay for return or loose it, and you need the phone before you can get a replacement from O.

My experince was that my phone was away for nearly 3 weeks cusotmer services fogged off my daily call and o wouldnt give me a raplacement without my damaged phone. the fault with my phone wasnt warrenty related, but why the delay!? not like they had to carry out repairs, it was unrepairable.

Basically i paid £17.63 to be told my phone was broken, and had to manage with no phone for over two weeks more than they claim repairs take.

theres also the emergency insurace (£30 up fornt & £5pm for 12 months) but i only got till december till my contracts up so if i break it again i will hold off.

Guest egghead101

I had my SPV replaced Tuesday and they gave me another SPV. What a sod.......how did you get SPVe out of orange???

Guest squall

recieved my e100 emergency replacement today, complete with phone battery, sim card, charger, hands free kit, cradle, memory card, guide and cd. only thing missing is the camera:)

Guest squall

went like clock work, my phone arrived from hayes with the postie at about 8,30, then my replacement about an hour later, which game me time to take a few photos for the faq.

Guest squall

orange cs read out over the phone what i should get, phone battery charger sim card and guide. i asked about a cradle and she said no as it wasnt essential to the phone. guess im just lucky as there was more than that came:)

Guest Rob.P
im not sure about the dust i think they would say send it to hayes for repair, but give it a go!

I just phoned CS about the dust and they consider it a cosmetic damage so they gave me a repair centre number to phone cause it should be under warrenty, dunno what the STD code for Hayes is but the number I got is 01295 662109. Either that or he said talk to Carphonewarehouse, they should know of a repair centre in the local area, looks like I'll have to wait a few more months for an upgrade, oh well, worth a go.

Guest cyrilthefish

Horay!

I just recieved my replacemet e100 too :)

very strange conservation withe the orange care person yesterday, apparently a cracked casing and the entire IR window being missing wasn't good enough for a replacement, but a slightly dodgy key on the keypad was...

amazingly, i also got allmost all the accessories replaced as well (i've still got the old ones!)

-phone + battery

-charger

-cradle

-headphones (!)

-8mb SD card (!)

-manuals

me = very impressed!

Guest squall

the number I got is 01295 662109

yeah thats hayes number alright, if you want to get rid of the dust it should be warrenty, and you should have your phone back within 3-4 working days. personnally i wouldnt bother

Guest Swift_gti

well just got off the phone with orange (again) they said that there was nothing they could do about my screen going psycho colours when it wants to, and all the dust under the screen. because I do not have care and purchased the phone from www.onestopphoneshop.com and not orange themselves..

Thinking about taking out orange care so I can get it sorted and maybe get a e100!!

So its £30 to take out emergency care right.. then £5 per month.

Q1. When do they take the £30 is it on my next bill ?? or is it instant?

Q2. Do I HAVE to pay the £5 per month for 12 months or can a cancel it when I want ?

Cheers

Orange care ties you in to a minimum of 12 months - so the £5 per month is *every* month for the next 12 months - you cannot cancel it.

As for the £30 charge - I have no idea....

Hax

Guest crafty

Just spoken to Orange, apparently they now have loads of SPVs in stock! How anoying as i turned down a replacement e100 yesterday as i thought it wouldn't work with my cradle only to change my mind today!

BIG D'OH

:)

Guest midnight

£30 on your next bill, and yeh, tied into the £5 a month for 12 months, why dont you try and get a replacement from onestopshopper if thats who you bought it from?

of course, if its a fault thats just happened, you can speak to htc themselves about a replacement (which is wht O recommended to me, problem is, they may have your phone a while.

Guest squall
Just spoken to Orange, apparently they now have loads of SPVs in stock!  How anoying as i turned down a replacement e100 yesterday as i thought it wouldn't work with my cradle only to change my mind today!:)

hehe

Guest Swift_gti

argh what an arse!! i guess i'll put up with the dust for a while longer then!

was really hoping to get an e100 for my troubles :)

Guest MARKUKCOUK

which people do you talk to?

i went through to handset advice n problems, and they just gave me stuff like "clean the battery contacts" (wont turn on sumtimes)

who is best to speak to at orange?

Guest Swift_gti

just seems to be luck of the draw. that last woman I spoke to didn't have a clue.

I told her my screen was going psychodelic colours then she starts clicking about on her computer and says, "Phone freezes on sunset logo" I'm was there like wtf!?!, so I said no thats not it, then she starts spooling off all the options on her screen like, "Phone stuck on homescreen", "Fonts unclear" in the end we narrowed it down to "Other" then she said there was nothing she could do because I purchased it from another dealer!

I don't think she had actually listened to what my problem was at all! :?