SORTED 2: ASX file Generator

Guest madu

You heard about the possibility of creating playlists for films and large files... And we all know it is a pain in the a**e, so I put this little tool together that makes it all for you. You just need to put some numbers in. And make sure you enter full file name (ie "SP4 Episode 1.wmv").

You will have to trust me with macros though. It is built with excel VBA. I assure you there are no viruses of any kind... :D

It's not much, but does the job..

You can find it here [updated 15 Feb]:

http://www.btinternet.com/~demekhin/asxcoder.zip

For initial info go here:

http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=877

:shock: Still no joy. Comes up with

A Hotlinking Error Has Occured!

We have detected a hotlinking error. Hotlinking is when you link to images or NON html files on freewebpages.org from another host. Hotlinking is not allowed for our FREE Accounts. Hotlinking is allowed for our paid accounts. Your account can be upgraded in the user section when you have logged in.

Ray,

That is prob. my host error.. (I had to quickly set it up for the file) I can get the file no probs, so maybe it's some firewall blocking it.. Don't know what that is. PM me and I will email you the file.

If you were talking bout the file itself, there are no ext. links, so imossible..

PS: There is a new (i guess an .EXE proper program) ASX Converter which mayby does a better job, but must be installed. So it's your shout.

I have just tried to download from this link at work, and guess what - HOTLINK ERROR...... This host is shite... I will have to find another host I guess... It is probably because of the firewall they have here...

Anyone knows how to work BTinternet website?? It won't let me connect to FTP.. I am using IE ftp browser, but don't want to install any ftp soft..

Anyone knows of free webhosting (preferably no shitty ads, like that one has at the mo..)

If you think it is worth further developing the app, let me know (I am happy as it is, but if ppl find it useful, but lacking features, let me know. Also if anyone knows how VBA for Excel is similar to VB6?? Would be nice to make it an exe file..

Thanks.

Guest frijj2k

I recieved the hotlink error originally. I believe it is only happening because you are accessing the link from this site. If you copy the location of the link, close IE and re-open a new IE. Then paste location and go...

who-lha... worked for me..... :wink:

Hope that helps some of you.

Frijj2k

• 1 month later...

Just updated my little tool. It does not generate a playlist for a list of tracks. What it does do though is:

- makes an ASX file to 'split' an audio track or a video into segments so you can jump from one position/time to another.

- You input full name of the file, length (min:sec) and number of tracks (or average track length) and it generates asx code for you.

I use it for livesets so it makes it possible to jump tracks after a call comes in for example.

The *.asx file must be in same folder as the track/video

I noticed with some mp3 files if they are *corrupted* it will not play after a certain track. Though they still play in Winamp and .asx file works in Windows Media Player for all tracks.

DISCLAIMER: Provided 'as is'. Made in Excel VBA (Visual Basic) and is considered as a macro. Macros can contain viruses, contain malicious code and be generally harmful. You need to accept the security warning to use it. I assure you it is harmless. :wink:

You can find it here:

http://www.btinternet.com/~demekhin/asxcoder.zip

PS: The code is protected by password for security reasons (so noone makes harmful alterations). If you are suspicious, let me know and I will provide you with a password so you can check it.

Guest Hawkes_TFS

I have this working a treat for some music vids and stuff on my SPV - Nice work.

The only downside seems to be the big pause as it changes "chapter". I haven't noticed any other posts regarding this and wondered whether people were putting up with it or whether it was only my slow spv??? Or maybe I've done something wrong...

I haven't tried it on a big film where the "chapters" would be bigger and therefore less noticable but it is a pain on say a tv episode where the "chapters" may only be a couple of minutes long.

Ben.

I agree. Unfortunately - it takes some time on SPV to *find* the time of any chapter whether it is 1min or 30mins.. I know this is annoying, but at least you don't need to start from the beginnning :)

What you can do is create a *1 track* ASX file and using NOTBAD edit start time if your video/audio gets interrupted. So it would not jump.

PS: I am thinking about a tool that would run on SPV (unlocked. *.exe file) and would let you select a file on SPV and then allow you to enter starting time. Thus making it possble to jump to any location in file (by generating a new .asx file)

• 11 months later...

a question related to playlist on e200:

I created an ASX file with few s but for some reason, when I press the Playlist button, i see the text within the HREF> tag.

For example:

madona in london

what is list on the Playlist list is "m". What i need it to say "Madona in london"?

Any ideas?