Alien Invention 2 - doing the impossible?

Guest midnight

Guest drblow

WOW!! :)

The skin itself is lovely - but it's the sounds that are really doing it for me!! The back sound & the startup sounds are genius!!

I have version 1.3.5.6 - I get the second start up screen, but still have the dumb sunset screen at first.

Now then, are you going to tell us what start up images are stored where, so we can do this in our own skins aswell!!?? :wink:

Guest midnight

you cant change the sunset screen :)

thats obvious, reason: thats pulled from rom by the bootloader (i would presume) before windows has even started booting, so, you cant simply just change the reg to show the path to that screen :o

Guest drblow

Hang on a minute!! I've only just noticed that you've skinned the menu screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW THE *********** DID YOU DO THAT??????????????????

Hang on a minute!!  I've only just noticed that you've skinned the menu screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW THE *********** DID YOU DO THAT??????????????????

cos he's da man :)

Guest jim80b

drblow go look at the xml file in the cab......

btw i have spv ver1.3.5.6 and e 2 startups work but no shutdowns

wierd how it works on some but not on others.

Midnight, your a star (is there any way to get a image as a highlight on the prog menu???)

Guest b1uepower

like i said before nice skin.. but it did reset my phone.. :shock: just done a hard reset coz no apps or any thing was workin.... :?

like i said before nice skin.. but it did reset my phone.. :shock:  just done a http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset coz no apps or any thing was workin.... :?

That is most likely coincidence and not a fault of the skin.

This reset appears to be a random thing that just happens. :x

Has happened to me twice but not when I installed this skin.

Great work midnight but I prefer the original version. :)

davy.

Guest drblow
dr blow

this reduces it 2 8 items though

this is the background (but the colorhighlight doesnt work on mine)

hope that helps

WOW!!

Cheers mate, that does show me where it is, but this stuff is way over my head!!

What I tend to do with these registry things, is install the skin (i.e. AI2 in this case) and then just copy my own images over the images in the relevant folders in the phone!! Cheating, I know! :oops:

Will this work with these kind of settings??

Guest midnight

now lets see how quickly people do their own skins that include programs menu, contacts, dial screen, in call, startup and shutdown screens, let the skinning begin :)

(but am i holding back on some tweaks? wait until AI3 for that answer :o (actually, its just theoretical stuff at the moment, but yes, there are some other things i thing may well be possible))

Guest Geren
Works on Smart 1.5 version. WOW!

Sorry, forgot to test the shutdown screen - not working. Startup screen, Startup sounds, other screens and dial-up sounds are working fine.

Wish the Media player skin was a bit more different from the Home Screen though. Have to look carefully if i'm still in Media player or Home Screen. Maybe the sphere should be a different color. :)

Anyway, i really love it and love showing it off to friends

Guest ricmoo2003

I have changed the MRU's and now they only show up as little boxes that don't work, anyone have any ideas, i know the shortcuts are right and the last 3 show OK????????????

Cheers in advance

Richard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.