Qtek ROM 1.50.9.1

Guest spv_dman

Guest spv_dman

dinoalbert wrote:

"a minor problem though but Im not sure if its just me...Active Sync wont automatically start when you connect the phone to the desktop USB....I have to manually double-click on the AS desktop icon :("

Copy the Usbcnect.lnk from Windows to IPSMWindowsStartup. This will let your phone automatically connect on phone boot. Follow the advise of Martin as well.

Guest dinoalbert

@spv_dman @martin

thanks...my AS is back to normal now :)

can you please post AGAIN here the manual settings for Smart's GPRS and MMS? :o

@mortenharkett722

Im not sure but I think the T9 is Swedish

@sarsi

the process took about 20 minutes (or less)

Guest binky_p

spv_dman,

I just upgraded my smartphone to v1.50.9.1 and it did went fine for my sim-unlocked unit. do you have a procedure to restore gprs settings for smart?..and one more thing, how do i utilize the authentication and the CSD Type coz their definitely new to me..tnx man

one more thing, i noticed that when i inserted globe sim card (my original is smart) the settings were reset back to original i.e full layout, dutcsh lang, settings, tones...

Guest spv_dman

binky_p wrote:

"I just upgraded my smartphone to v1.50.9.1 and it did went fine for my sim-unlocked unit. do you have a procedure to restore GPRS settings for smart?"

Look here:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...p=237279#237279

"..and one more thing, how do i utilize the authentication and the CSD Type coz their definitely new to me..tnx man"

- No idea.

"one more thing, i noticed that when i inserted globe sim card (my original is smart) the settings were reset back to original i.e full layout, dutcsh lang, settings, tones..."

- Now we know what a globe SIM will do with a Qtek updated SAP.

Guest schadow1

I've upgraded to the new ROM from a locked Smart 1.37 ROM. I tried to load the new rom when I'm still with Smart 1.50.28 but couldn't do it. I instead downgraded to 1.37 by changing the bootloader to 0.99 first then load the locked 1.37 ROM. After that, I loaded the Qtek ROM at Canary screen and it upgraded successfully and tested it with globe and it is indeed unlocked (just list the Unlock code).

Here's the pros and cons of QTEK

Pros:

1. Network unlocked

2. with text character counters anywhere you start your new sms

3. STK with exit

4. cooler welcome image

5. faster than 1.50.28 even without the Registry tweaks

6. upgraded IA Album and camera

7. Reversible to 1.37 ROM

Cons:

1. No more Action Backup, Update, Lock.

2. Few bytes larger than 1.37 but the same size with 1.50.28

3. weird t9 function

I tried to back up the files of the Action blah blah as well as the registry but the files are automatically erased after reboot. I guess the Action Thingies can't really be put back with Qtek rom.

Guest schadow1

LOL! Sorry, I forgot my profile was at meeting mode. :)

Anyway, i haven't experienced the ActiveSync bug wherein i have to load the program at the phone first before connecting the cable.

Guest vijay555

schadow1: how do you get the action engine files? i've got qtek but the only things i miss are actino engine and t9.

the t9 might force me to go back to orange 1.5, but i really like qtek - battery life is so far 2x as good as e100 1.5, and still got 1 bar left!

if you can send action engine over, i'd happily store it on a storage card, i like to be able to retrieve my contacts whenever i hard reset..

V

Guest chibako
I've upgraded to the new ROM from a locked Smart 1.37 ROM. I tried to load the new rom when I'm still with Smart 1.50.28 but couldn't do it. I instead downgraded to 1.37 by changing the bootloader to 0.99 first then load the locked 1.37 ROM. After that, I loaded the Qtek ROM at Canary screen and it upgraded successfully and tested it with globe and it is indeed unlocked (just list the Unlock code).

Here's the pros and cons of QTEK

Pros:

1. Network unlocked

2. no more DING when adding recipients on sms window

3. with text character counters anywhere you start your new sms

4. STK with exit

5. cooler welcome image

6. faster than 1.50.28 even without the Registry http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>Tweaks

7. upgraded IA Album and camera

8. Reversible to 1.37 ROM

Cons:

1. No more Action Backup, Update, Lock.

2. Few bytes larger than 1.37 but the same size with 1.50.28

I tried to back up the files of the Action blah blah as well as the registry but the files are automatically erased after reboot. I guess the Action Thingies can't really be put back with Qtek rom.

thanks to schadow1! :) all i need to do now is find someone with a bootloader of 0.99, downgrade to 1.37 and then upgrade to Qtek ROM. I'm currently using the smart 1.50 ROM. thanks man!

Guest dinoalbert

I think I have read from "Software" section about this Java app and other apps that can be downloaded from Mitac and can be installed to the SPV...included in this "other apps" is this Backup/Restore installer which they say is better than Action Backup/restore

EDIT: Sorry its from "Main" forum, not "Software"

read the post of Morflez here:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...er=asc&start=45

The Mitac softwares (Java, ProgramBackup, etc) can be downloaded here:

http://cordo.free.fr/spf/Mitac/

Guest thekrush

Hey Everybody!

I just upgraded to the new QTek ROM (from 1.37 SAP) with 0.98 bootloader and it works great overall (quicker menus, wierd T9, etc)! Still unlocked, and works great in the U.S. (Cingular). About the Ringtones being able to be read from the SD Card, it works...KINDA...

The issue is that when you go to the Sounds profile, it reads the Ringtones (from the SD card stored in My Documents folder). But when you try to assign a specific ringtone to a specific contact, it doesn't read the WAV/MID files from the SD card?! (only the default list shows up!?) That sucks because I wanted to assign specific ringtones (from SD) to specific contacts! Anybody with a workaround on this? (besides using 3rd party software). Being that this is a new revision of the software, it might be possible (if QTek has a subroutine that reads the files on SD cards). A Tweak?

Just a thought....Laters! LOS...aka 'thekrush'

Guest schadow1
schadow1: how do you get the action engine files? i've got qtek but the only things i miss are actino engine and t9.

the t9 might force me to go back to orange 1.5, but i really like qtek - battery life is so far 2x as good as e100 1.5, and still got 1 bar left!

if you can send action engine over, i'd happily store it on a storage card, i like to be able to retrieve my contacts whenever i http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset..

V

Dude, it's not as easy as just putting the files at your SD card and run it from there. You have to place them at Windows folder and export its registry before you upgraded to Qtek.

Unfortunately, the files will be erased after reboot and the registry can't be exported with the available shareware registry editor. I have to register it first to be able to use the feature.

Guest vijay555

schadow1 or indeed anyone with an orange phone: can action engine be copied out of rom, or is it protected?

The registry settings i can do by hand if need be... jus tmost files in rom can't be copied off it. Just wondering, never tried and now i don't have one to try it with!

V

Why not install Qtek rom also? Anyway I'll try them later.

i can't. im using smart's 1.5 rom and i don't have a copy of the previous bootloader. :)

Guest mariolouis

@randy

the shortcuts in your pocketpc skin (specifically the photo album, media player,internet explorer and msn messenger) is being skipped when i upgraded. maybe you can make revisions intended for qtek rom.

@randy

the shortcuts in your pocketpc skin (specifically the photo album, media player,internet explorer and msn messenger) is being skipped when i upgraded. maybe you can make revisions intended for qtek rom.

tnx mariolouis.

i'll try to change to qtek rom this weekend.

~randy