580 replies to this topic

dinoalbert

dinoalbert

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft!
OK I didnt go to work today just to bring my phone to Brightpoint for keypad replacement so I could upgrade my phone tonight :)

I still have the 1.3.6 rom, sim-locked to Smart. Can anyone recommend if I should first sim-unlock it before upgrading to Qtek7070 rom? Or can I go ahead with the upgrade with a sim-locked SAP?

spv_dman

spv_dman

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
@dinoalbert, go ahead with the upgrade. I've read in other forums as well that the qtec upgrade will definitely unlock your phone. No problem with the 1.3 SMART ROM. I'm sure it will work just do the upgrade in the canary screen. :)

dinoalbert

dinoalbert

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
@martin

did you say you did a Hard Reset AFTER upgrading to Qtek's rom? Is that recommended? If I Hard Reset AFTER upgrading, will my phone stay with the Qtek rom or will it go back to the original 1.3.6 rom?

duh! nabobobo na yata ako sa dami ng trabaho hehehe

spv_dman

spv_dman

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
I'll answer that @dinoalbert since I am online and his not! :)

On initial boot, it will scan your IPSM then reboot. Afterwhich, voila, no more IPSM data! :o But after that cleanup, your ROM will be permanently Qtek 1.50.9.1 even if you'll do a million hardreset. :wink:

dinoalbert

dinoalbert

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
thanks, man! I will go for the update mayamaya...nood muna ako TV :)

Rolandml

Rolandml

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

This has been posted within this forum. Now, I'm trying out this new Qtek ROM myself. And it looks impressive.  

Some things I did and my findings:

1. Upgraded from SAP 1.3.7.8 to Qtek 1.50.9.1 - successful
   However, It automatically erased my IPSM!  
2. Downgraded back to SAP 1.3.7.8 (to test if it can be reverted to old version) - successful
3. Upgraded back to Qtek ROM.
4. It seems the ROM is not SIMLOCKED to any network provider. My Smart SIM still works without having to run an unlock application. I tried the Orange upgrade before and it prompted me for an unlock code. This one didn't. Haven't tried this with Globe though. For those of you who want to have your phone sim-unlocked and use it with globe, you might want to give this a shot.
5. Works with uncertified applications.
6. SMS counter finally working (you have to put a recipient in the "To:" field).
7. With ASCII like the smiley "u".
8. Two new application under Accesories "Authentication" - looks like for GPRS authentication and "CSDType" - for dial up configuration.
9. I don't know if I've just overlooked this before, but there's a "MMS Setup" also under Accessories which lets you configure sending of MMS over GPRS or LAN.  
10. Looks like it eats up some more memory compared with SAP 1.3.7.8. Before I had 8.3 MB on boot, now only 7.5MB.
11. Expectedly, configurations specific to SMART are gone like Action Backup and Update, and GPRS settings.

Finally, you can download the ROM here:

http://www.qtek.nu/files/Qtek150.zip

Other infos:

Canary & Diag
1.07.4M (It has the save IPSM Function)
Smartphone Ver 3.0 (13121)
Radio Version 1.35.10
Operator & Manu 1.50.9.1

Lang 1.50.9.1 (with T9)
Eng
Deutsch
French
Italiano

IA Album 1.6 build(12107)
SmartMMS EZOS 2.5build(030424)

:)  :o  :P

Great! now I can update again... hope I can update with out any problem ... anybody using ver. 1.50.28 try to using the qtek rom update? also is it faster than Version 1.50.28 ?

Maraming Salamat po :(

Anasazi

Anasazi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi all...

in France it seems we have some problems with this new ROM : when coming back from Qtek 1.50.9.1 ROM to Orange 1.3.5.6 ROM, nobody has network ! :?
is it the same for you ?

and what is this problem with sms ? are u sure that you have correctly parameter the sms center number ?

Rolandml

Rolandml

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Whem I update using orange rom update it does not allow me to send any SMS... it does not allow you to reply or compose new message .... there is no problem with SMS number... i'm not sure if that will also happen using the qtek update.

Maraming salamat :)

spv_dman

spv_dman

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
I didn't have any problem with the upgrade. Even when I downgraded back to SMART 1.3.7.8, it still has signal. SMS is working perfectly. No change in parameter in smsc message center number.

Rolandml

Rolandml

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

I didn't have any problem with the upgrade. Even when I downgraded back to SMART 1.3.7.8, it still has signal. SMS is working perfectly. No change in parameter in smsc message center number.

Thanks SPV_MAN :o ... now i can update my ROM :)

And good bye Smart amazing phone start up welcome QTek lol....

BTW does it affect the Action backup and action update? can I still use this feature after updating my rom?

Maraming salamat po :)

dinoalbert

dinoalbert

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
spv_dman, ignore my first PM...just the second one :o

I have already upgraded my SAP to Qtek's latest rom...and its a success! Didnt encounter any problem during the process.

BUT I had a 1.3.6 rom "sim-locked" when I upgraded....after the upgrade, I tried my Globe sim but it asked me for s sim-unlock code :shock: so that means, it will not automatically sim-unlock your phone. I should have unlocked it first before doing the upgrade. anyway, I will just try the spvunlock app...probably tomorrow I can give additional feedback.

Anyway, my SAP now has better startup logo :) , a working SMS character counter and it can use ringtones saved in SD card.....with that, Im already happy with this upgrade :P

a minor problem though but Im not sure if its just me...Active Sync wont automatically start when you connect the phone to the desktop USB....I have to manually double-click on the AS desktop icon :(

martin

martin

Technical Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts
  • Devices:SPV C550, imate SP5
@dinoalbert

Disconnect the SPV from USB cable and goto Programs-Settings-Activesynch. In menu-option-PC settings, check the auto start synch is ticked and set to USB. Hopefully this is the problem.

The SIM unlock is seperate issue and will be hard coded in the phone regardless of the OS. You will probably need bootloader .98 to run the SPVunlock program.

Qtek 1.5 is great but I miss Sound Manager :)

vijay555

vijay555

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:spv!
-You lose action update/backup - i think this is a valuable tool to use personally.
-no useful t9
-i gained ridiculously impoved battery life.

It's a nice geek upgrade, but if you've got 1.35 or 1.5 working, it's not really worth the effort as far as i can see.
I've got no choice (my phone refuses to downgrade to orange roms anymore), so for the time being, i'm very happy, but miss t9.

V

Posted Image releases: www.vijay555.comnewsfrappr

sodafish

sodafish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
it's a success, i've upgraded my phone to 1.50.9.1, still sim-unlocked, with new character counter in new message...

don't judge my brother coz he is not a book!!!

mortenharkett722

mortenharkett722

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Cooking, Sleeping
qtek update us very nuch better than of that of smart's but
the default t9 in the qtek rom is very weird. what language is that?

sarsi815

sarsi815

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
how long does it take to upgrade to qtek?

spv_dman

spv_dman

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
dinoalbert wrote:
"a minor problem though but Im not sure if its just me...Active Sync wont automatically start when you connect the phone to the desktop USB....I have to manually double-click on the AS desktop icon :("

Copy the Usbcnect.lnk from Windows to IPSMWindowsStartup. This will let your phone automatically connect on phone boot. Follow the advise of Martin as well.

dinoalbert

dinoalbert

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
@spv_dman @martin

thanks...my AS is back to normal now :)

can you please post AGAIN here the manual settings for Smart's GPRS and MMS? :o

@mortenharkett722

Im not sure but I think the T9 is Swedish

@sarsi

the process took about 20 minutes (or less)

mariolouis

mariolouis

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
@dinoalbert
just copy the usbcnect.lnk in the startup folder.

EDIT:>>OOPS! TOO LATE! HEHEHE!

binky_p

binky_p

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:baseball, basketball
spv_dman,

I just upgraded my smartphone to v1.50.9.1 and it did went fine for my sim-unlocked unit. do you have a procedure to restore gprs settings for smart?..and one more thing, how do i utilize the authentication and the CSD Type coz their definitely new to me..tnx man

one more thing, i noticed that when i inserted globe sim card (my original is smart) the settings were reset back to original i.e full layout, dutcsh lang, settings, tones...

carpe diem!---sieze the day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users