Browsing web whilst docked

Guest fulhamfcboy

Guest fulhamfcboy

Ive seen a few posts where people say that they use the PC's web connection to browse via their SPV whilst its docked. Is this possible? How do you know its browsing via this method rather thasn GPRS?

Sorry if this is a div question!!

Thanks Tom.

Guest spacemonkey

you can tell it's not using GPRS in the cradle because the little G won't appear above the signal strength icon.

in Data Connections I have Internet connection on Automatic which seems to work perfectly for GPRS undocked and PC when docked.

Of course when your docked if your PC is not connected to the web you won't be able to browse anything.... Also if you are running a personal firewall or something you need to make sure the activesync has the rights it needs.

Guest greybeard

What are your other settings please?

I haven't been able to find the magic combination that will let me connect successfully when the thing is docked and undocked.

I have been fiddling with the settings and there is no apparent way to return them to defaults.

Are the data connection settings explained anywhere? Would have been nice if Orange had at least mentioned them in the manual of course but...

Guest spacemonkey

I found some of my problems went away when I deleted all the GPRS connections and re-entered them... even though what I entered was the same as what appeared to be there already.

In Settings - Data Connections I have Internet and WAP on automatic

In menu - Edit Connections, go to the GPRS connections

Then I have

Orange GPRS

Connects to - The Internet

Access Point - orangeinternet

Primary DNS 158.43.192.10

Secondary DNS 158.43.128.10

Orange MMS

Connects to - Orange MMS

Access Point - orangemms

User name - Orange

Password - Multimedia

Orange WAP

Connects to - The Internet

Access Pointer - orangewap

Guest prycop1

Can anyone explain, step by step the settings for GPRS when using the phone aut and about and a pass through connection when docked via USB?

I can't seem to get both working.

I assume that i'm looking in the right place Settings> Data connections>

I've tried most settings ie automatic, pass through etc.

any help appreciated

Guest greybeard

Hmm, I can only get it to work when undocked by setting Internet Connection to "Orange GPRS", "Automatic" doesn't work for me.

Also, every time I undock and then redock, it changes the "my desktop connects to" option to "my corporate network". I then have to change this back to "internet", and then change Internet Connection to "Automatic" before it will use my pc connection.

Obviously something going wrong here.

• 3 months later...
Guest garymccl

Ok - now I'm frustrated!

I just called Orange (156) and reported that I couldn't connect to the internet while the SPV was docked. I told them I was trying to use the pass-trough connection, and they said that there was no such thing and it was impossible. ok. (this is not an april fools joke.)

My computer at work sits behind a proxy server, and on my PC I have full access to the internet. Does anyone know if the proxy server will have an effect on Activesync's pass-trough feature? I have checked all of the settings, and they seem to be right.

Thanks

Gary