smoothscreen v.1 by Brody & DavidRM <UPDATE: 15/08&gt

Guest Brody

Here's a new homescreen that DavidRM and myself have been working on. DavidRM produced the graphics and I produced the code etc and it contains the following skinned screens:

Startup

Shutdown

Volume

alert

Question

Programs

To install the homescreen just download the attached .cab file and copy it to your IPSMWindowsStart Menu folder or use a file manager. It requires a restart for all changes to take effect as a result of the registry updates.

Thanks must go out to Midnight for discovering the skinning mods and to RichieM and Croccy for their help via IRC!

Enjoy!

Note: Both DavidRM and myself own e100's and the shutdown screen does not function on ours, however, i have checked the registry settings and they are implemented so feedback from an SPV user would be welcome!

P.S. If anyone fancies making us a wmp skin then we would be grateful! PM us for more details!

15/08/03: New cab and screenshot image changing Date/Time homescreen image fault

smoothscreenv1.CAB

screenshots.jpg

Guest Vector

I hope u all like it :)

This has taken us a while, and Brody had alot of trouble with making the cab, thanks Richie, Croccy for helping us out :o

PS: Cheers midnight for finding out those extra tweaks :P

Guest Palindrome

A very well thought out skin. I especially like the way the programs list only shows text and not icons. Thanks for the effort!

I've reboot my SPV a fair few times but the shutdown screen is the same blue Smartphone 2002 pic.

Guest nickcornaglia

Nice guys. I wish the ovals were rectangles...but it's still nice.

Is that the first set ever made with credits? :)

I'll try it out later tonight!

PS.

Just a small note....

you have time/date....but it shows date/time :wink:

So it does encece! It'll be changed very soon! :) As for shutdown screen, Palindrome, i take it u are using an SPV then? If so then it must need work... Let me know.

Guest Martin@Home

looks good boys! can i download it over mobile modaco straight to my phone? love the retro feel black and white but with colour icons! Posted from my SmartPhone!

Martin@Home, not sure if its possible to download cabs via MoDaCo Mobile, the guyson IRC informtme that it "should" be possible so give it a go!

There'll be an update today though so be patient..!

Guest nickcornaglia
Cheers guys :)

encece; i will get to work on the time/date bit since i am doing the gfx side of things :o

Or you can have brody change the code :P

Guest Martin@Home
Martin@Home, not sure if its possible to download cabs via MoDaCo Mobile, the guyson IRC informtme that it "should" be possible so give it a go!

There'll be an update today though so be patient..!

Nah ! Just says "Cannot display file on this device" :cry:

Guest Palindrome

Brody, you presume correctly. I haven't updated to an E100 yet and I'm running ROM 1.3.7.6 on my classic SPV.

I have MSShutdownBitmap and CarrierShutdownBitmap pointing to IPSMApplication DataHomesmoothscreenv1shutdown.gif but these registry entries seem to be ignored. When you fix this I'd be interested to hear how you did it. I'll have a fiddle with it in the meantime and see what I can come up with.

Cheers again.

Guest Vector
Brody, you presume correctly. I haven't updated to an E100 yet and I'm running ROM 1.3.7.6 on my classic SPV.

I have MSShutdownBitmap and CarrierShutdownBitmap pointing to IPSMApplication DataHomesmoothscreenv1shutdown.gif but these registry entries seem to be ignored. When you fix this I'd be interested to hear how you did it. I'll have a fiddle with it in the meantime and see what I can come up with.

Cheers again.

Cheers Palindrome :)

midnight is the person who sussed out these reg entries and he thinks that there is nothing else he can do about the shutdown, it's just some versions of the software, i will ask him when he is back online :o

Guest Martin@Home

Top skin boys ! Nice one... :) I love the greyscale menus with the colouref icons. Kinda looks like those arty farty videos that are shot in black and white and then certain features coloured in afterwards

Guest Vector
Top skin boys ! Nice one... :o  I love the greyscale menus with the colouref icons. Kinda looks like those arty farty videos that are shot in black and white and then certain features coloured in afterwards

Cheers :)

PS: does the shutdown screen work for you Martin ???