Keylock

Guest nkwk

I'm sorry to say that I dont have a copy of any new programming software otherwise i'd have a go myself.

Please can someone code a small app to countdown 10 seconds then hold down the hangup button for 2 seconds. However if the keyboard is touched then the countdown resets.

Get what i mean ... autokeylock.

Guest vijay555

wouldn't make sense. every time you're typing an sms, and you think for 10 secs, keyboard would lock right?

I have enough trouble worrying about the 1second advance, never mind 10 second keylock...

But that's just me with my delicate woman's fingers, me'lord...

V

lol well put it this way.

The matrix screensaver uses somesort of count down doesnt it. Use the same method and just interface with the hangup button at the end or exe and app that does.

Simple as... pie for one of u guys.

Guest vijay555

nkwk - i'm not saying it's not technically possible, i've suggested much the same myself for the homescreen hangup bug (have a search, i've also linked to appropriate code), but i just think 10 seconds is a bit short, but then at 30 secs it locks anyway, and at 1 min it security locks.

V

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I think the Microsoft standards prevent you from having any background timers running in your applications, the theory being due to the possibility that the app would be killed if another one needed the memory it was using (assuming you'd be looking to get it Mircosoft certified...).

ok ... so what process occurs when you put home screen timeout on. You must be able to just piggy back that.

Just have it execute the keylock after it hits the homescreen.

Thus forgetting the timer ...

• 7 months later...
Guest Dooks

Is there any function call to invoke keylock? What I would really like is if I could keylock the phone at ANY screen not just the home screen. For example, I can then keylock it on the calendar so my schedule is always showing, or keylock it on a map or something.

Guest SpaceRain
I think the Microsoft standards prevent you from having any background timers running in your applications, the theory being due to the possibility that the app would be killed if another one needed the memory it was using (assuming you'd be looking to get it Mircosoft certified...).

I just made a simple app that gives itself focus every ten seconds. So, you can start up the program, press back or home key and do whatever you want and ten seconds later the program will give itself focus again.

This doesn't mean I'm saying this key monitoring thing can be done or not. I'm just saying that timers work independent of whether an application has focus or not.

My program is of course available for viewing, but there's nothing to it, it's just a SetTimer() call.