Simple mass-copy to SD software

Guest chucky.egg

Guest chucky.egg

I don't know if anyone wants to try this software I wrote for my P800 some time ago, but it will work for any device with removable storage...

It's a VB app that lets you:

- Scan directories and sub-directories for files matching your criteria (e.g. *.MP3, *.WAV etc)

- Make a random selection of files from all those found (you can specify a maximum number of files, or max Mb)

- Copy those files to a specified location (your SD card)

I'm working on a new version that deletes the existing files from the specified directory, and creates a playlist in alpha- or random order.

It does NOT work via the docking cradle, it needs an SD card reader that you can access through a drive letter.

If anyone's interested post a reply and I'll stick an FTP address up.

Guest kyrkesmith

It would be better if you could bet it to work through the cradle - surely that wouldn't be too complicated?

It creates Windows Media playlists for the Smartphone?

Guest chucky.egg

I haven't worked that bit out yet, but I found that it was faster to transfer 100s of Mb via the SD card adapter than via the cradle.

The playlist feature will produce XML playlists, I haven't tried it yet, but it should do for WM

I haven't worked that bit out yet, but I found that it was faster to transfer 100s of Mb via the SD card adapter than via the cradle.

A card reader is indeed quicker than going through RAPI > USB > Cradle > Serial > SPV > Card Slot.

I think that the main bottle-neck is the serial connection at the bottom of the phone.