POCKETMUSIC sucks!!

Guest kingdom master

Guest kingdom master

pocketmusic stutters on tracks, slows the phone to a crawl the only good thing is the extra bass, cant we add this function to windows media player?

anyone found a way to fix this problem?

kingdom :roll:

Guest Palindrome

It seems that the only way to avoid stuttering is to restart the phone, start PocketMusic and leave the phone alone. I'm currently experimenting with different compression formats and bitrates to see if that makes a difference.

i'm also experiencing stuttering of all tracks when i enable the extra base function, so i just disable it.

but the equalizer function especially the pre-loaded set up makes a great difference, their awesome. 8)

Guest Matt Whitfield

I only seem to get stuttering at the start of an MP3 (that's all I've tried) with the EQ on and bass ramped up (but not using the "Extra Bass" feature). After that it settles down and is fine.

Personally I think it's pretty good and will be great on a faster phone :-D

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Same here, cant use extra bass, cant use presets as they make the music stutter. ;)

Only good thing about it is that it remembers the shuffle option. On media player you have to set this everytime. :)

Another thing that sucks, if you have to kill the process it still keeps playing!!!

Guest egghead101

PocketMusic looks nice and has good features but stutters like Gareth Gates. So back to WMP until I upgrade to a faster phone.

oh and I am having my 7th spv delivered tomorrow. this time my phone just loses power and my SD card works with it only 30% of the time....

Guest Animefan

Hmm... yes POCKETMUSIC SUCKS! It ruined my SPV! :?

First when I opened it for the first time it RESET my phones Data! Just for no reason! It locked it self again, put my preset messages in the inbox and Messenger back to default and my registry it also deleted! STUPID STUPID PROGRAM!

Hmm... yes POCKETMUSIC SUCKS! It ruined my SPV! :?

First when I opened it for the first time it RESET my phones Data! Just for no reason! It locked it self again, put my preset messages in the inbox and Messenger back to default and my registry it also deleted! STUPID STUPID PROGRAM!

*nudges Animefan* .. chances are the program was just the last lil drop that needed to mess up your registry!

On a "fresh" phone you wouldn't experience that problem.

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

If you don’t mind adjusting the presets by hand then you can use the PocketMVP player.

This will play MP3's and has an equaliser included but it does not have any presets so you need to change the sliders manually but it does not stutter ;)

Perhaps if the guys at MVP are reading this then maybe they can improve this for us.

Guest chucky.egg
My phone always stutters when playing mp3's with pocketmusic. So i've switched back to wmp

Same here now, I've tried for the last few days with different conversion formats (I'm converting from MP3 to OGG) and it stutters like a whatsit every 40 seconds or so. If I put Bass on then you cant even tell what song its playing!

WMP will have to do for now

Guest memoreks

Well at least you guys can get it running! I install it, and it installs fine. The first time I run Pocketmusic after install, I am asked for a registration code, which I have obtained and put in. The program then quits, and won't run again, even after a soft reset. ;)

This is on my brand spanking new SPV provided by Orange Care, as I trod on my old one and broke the screen! :roll:

Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem?

Guest lspatricio

Pocket Music works fine (i mean great!) on my SPV. At first, I experien ced stattering. So, i experimented on different bitrates. I finally settled to 48kbps. Just easy on the base and you want have any stuttering problem. The playlist editor and EQ is really cool...sounds great! ;)

Guest Taoski

I got POCKETMUSIC as soon as it was available.

I have not had ANY real issues with it at all.

It does stutter slightly - not all the time though - certainly not as bad as WMP. It only seems to stutter if it is doing something like searching for a signal. I use mine on the train mostly and it stutters in the same place every day - just as i am approaching Birmingham and just coming out from under a certain bridge. If i check the display, it is "Searching" for a signal.

As i use the app to listen to Audiobooks mostly - the bookmark option is invaluable.

Beats WMP hands down.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest casperr

This really makes me wonder why this pocketmusic plays fine on others while it doesnt on some.

Maybe stating your ROM might help? Im using QTEK 1.5.

Mine stutters a lot, i have lots of free memory and i dont have other programs running.

I wish the author of this program can optimize it better

I must admit - after i posted my previous message - i used it to listen to a MP3 file with the Extrs bass on/off and it jittered and cocked up good and proper.

My audiobook files are only at a bitrate of 32!

The MP3 was 192.

I bet this is the common link.

Anyway... my ROM is 1.3.5.6