POCKETMUSIC sucks!!

Guest kingdom master

Guest awesterink

I asked Handango for a refund and got it. PocketMusic runs okay on the Samsung i600 (200 MHz, 32+32MB), but it quits playing one minute after you close the clamshell. Clearly that's no good. Nice program, but not usable on the i600.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

To be fair, since I have loaded the 1.6 update PocketMusic is almost perfect :)

I can play about 4 sounds fine then it stutters a couple of times then its fine again.

I always have XB on (cant hear any difference :?: ) and Equaliser on set to Full Bass and Treble and I use it when I am driving (with a car kit of course) and it sounds quite good.

What I have noticed is if you change the levels of the preset this has an effect on the stuttering. I.E. create a new preset with all the sliders dead centre and everything is fine, change these levels and the more you change them the more skips you get :cry:

But what I have noticed, on some songs it stutters very badly. If I pause the playback just for a second then un-pause it, it plays the rest of the song fine :shock:

Perhaps if the guys who make PocketMusic are listening....

Guest nedge2k

I have it for my e200 and i think its great. Had problems with older versions on my original spv but this new version on the e200 works perfectly. Just a shame the phone's not fast enough to use the eq while playing .ogg files.

Guest spacecowboy6982

Their customer services department is awful - cant get through to anyone who knows anything about their product :evil: Doesnt that remind us of someone......:roll:

Guest hawpunch

program works great on my moto mpx200. i'm using the generic moto rom and ogg files encoded at 64. no stuttering, sound is great, and better features than the standard player. i'm going to try it out a little more than purchase it. by the way i'm using a freeware program called audacity to convert my mp3 ----> ogg.

Guest hawpunch

hi nedge2k,

i meant to drop you a line to tell you that you designed an unbelievable skin...i downloaded that immediately after i got the poketmusic program. i usually don't care for music player skins, especially since i play music with the clam shell closed, but i have to admit that i keep my phone open and the display on, just to gaze at your skin 1 :shock: . you should definately design some more...i would join you but the ridicule would be unbearable :oops: . by the way, people you can use audacity to make wav riingtones for your phone in conjunction with the sound recorder proqram on windows xp :).

Guest hawpunch

hi nedge2k,

i meant to drop you a line to tell you that you designed an unbelievable skin...i downloaded that immediately after i got the poketmusic program. i usually don't care for music player skins, especially since i play music with the clam shell closed, but i have to admit that i keep my phone open and the display on, just to gaze at your skin 1 :shock: . you should definately design some more...i would join you but the ridicule would be unbearable :oops: . by the way, people you can use audacity to make wav riingtones for your phone in conjunction with the sound recorder proqram on windows xp :).

• 2 months later...
Guest schriss

I enabled XBass in newest version and there is no difference (doesn't work). I emailed them and they told me "your device is too slow". But I doubt that PocketMusic has a detect feature or something and automatically disables XBass...

Anyway, I'm going to verify that wih my new Mio 8390 clocked at 300MHz :D

Guest xavierjohn22

How aböut finding and döwnloading lots of PöcketMusic skins hére.

http://www.airfagev.com

Théy hävé a dl sectiön öf pöcketmusic skins.

At léast we can learn tö like pocketmusic just för the skins.

Hä hä hä!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest adamliddy
You know people that the REAL problem with these Smartphones is the 133mhz (i think) processors and the 8-12MB of RAM.  Just wait until the new phones come out this year (in the order of 333 to 400 mhz) and we'll see all the programs that used to suck working fine.  There's only so much you can do with the power of the Gen I phones.

Sorry mate, don't agree with you there. I used a palm size pc (and later a pocket pc) with the same amount of ram and a 117mhz processor - they both played any wma or mp3 I threw at them, no stutering, no garbage like we see here.

Guest kingdom master

i have been using pocketmusic the top version and still it wont load the playlist it freezes, anyway round this!? and i cant believe this post is still running must be the longest running post on modaco, yay!!!lol

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kingdom master

HAS ANYONE GOT THE BASE WORKIN? i cant its doing my head in, or is there a way to add this function to wm?

kingdom

• 1 month later...

Well I have just downloaded and tried it.. Works fine with my Mpx200 using the Bass and EQ

This is with 192kbps MP3 and 96kbs OGG... Not one bit of stutter.. so I have decided to buy it, nice program indeed!

• 3 months later...

Any updates on this since the arrival of the faster processors in the C500?

I expect it will be alot better!

(although i never really had any issues with mine)

I would love to see this on my C500, but the phone rejects it so an update would be nice ^_^

Guest chucky.egg

Tried it on my C500 this afternoon, ad it installs and runs fine, but it was horribly slow and wouldn't find my MP3s

I didn't give it long - got annoyed and 15 minutes later uninstalled it

Are there any other options? The built-in one is kinda basic, and this thing is kinda bloaty...

Guest cyrilthefish

runs really well on my C500. the music never skips anymore and the equaliser is usable now (though the bass-boost function doesn't do anything)

i'm suprised people have mentioned it freezing/crashing, hasn't done that even once for me in a months use :shock:

the only thing it struggles with is having the equaliser enabled when playing OGG vorbis files... it works but uses so much CPU time the GUI takes 5 seconds or more to register button presses ^_^

It's without doubt the most used app on my phone :wink:

Just to add my comments.

I have been using Pocket Music on my C500 for at least half an hour every day on my way home from work to listen to audiobooks and audio MP3's for the last 2 months and I have never noticed any stuttering like I used to get on my original SPV.

I say a big YAY to Pocket Music.