IMPORTANT INFO on downgrading your e100

Guest Will

Most of the latest release e100's will NOT accept the lower 1.3.5/6 update. this causes them to stall on the orange sunset screen.

We think this is because the 1.3.x update does not have the correct drivers for the 'new transflective' screen in the e100's.

There is no public rom/flash to restore a phone to 1.5.0.29, so make a backup first, or prepare to use the Orange Swiss version 1.5.0.3 update that is on the www.orange.ch website, and then spend a while re-inputting your gprs/wap/mms settings.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Will

Guest Simon Desser

Will, d'you think it's just newer E100's or all of them? It's just that my Tanager which I got in April works fine with 1.3X, but I downgraded my mate's E100 yesterday, and it stuck on sunset screen (twice) :cry:

Luckily I made a fuul back up of my mate's E100 first ;)

Guest Simon Desser
the earlier models seem to have a different screen too? did you notice a difference??

Will

No, can't say I did, but then again I wasn't really looking at that.

The only "really obvious" difference is the mega bright Orange key lights on the E100's :?:

• 2 months later...

Damn!

I read this way too late...

I didn't even do a backup so I was pretty much screwed!

Luckly I downloaded the imate rom and it all went well, apart from having to reconfigure the phone all over again... it was fun anyways, I put some new cool sounds and images and the imate has some GREAT things that the orange rom doesn't.

I never installed the swiss version because I found out about it after I got imate... but I like imate so much that I'm not planning to changing to the swiss...

In case I need to get the swiss... is it in english? Why would it be? that's not the language they speak over there is it?

I am looking forward to know what the new 1.6 orange rom will have...

Will

Can teh E100 be network unlocked? I ahve tried several downloads but am getting no where!

Most of the latest release e100's will NOT accept the lower 1.3.5/6 update. this causes them to stall on the orange sunset screen.

We think this is because the 1.3.x update does not have the correct drivers for the 'new transflective' screen in the e100's.

There is no public rom/flash to restore a phone to 1.5.0.29, so make a backup first, or prepare to use the Orange Swiss version 1.5.0.3 update that is on the www.orange.ch website, and then spend a while re-inputting your gprs/wap/MMS settings.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Will

Guest awarner [MVP]

welcome to the site :D

Yes it can be SIM Unlocked but to do it you need to change the bootloader

to V0.98 or below.

EDIT just noticed I've already answered this for you

HERE

So that's two welcomes you've had from me :)

Please try not to crosspost though :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

There is no public rom/flash to restore a phone to 1.5.0.29, so make a backup first, or prepare to use the Orange Swiss version 1.5.0.3 update that is on the www.orange.ch website, and then spend a while re-inputting your gprs/wap/MMS settings.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Will

Hi Will! i just got may smart amazing phone, thats how they call it here in Philippines but it is the tanager. its rom is 1.7, bootloader is 1.09. i cant seem to unlock it. my friend tried to load the 0.98 BL from mmc and the phone won't recognize it. he tried to downgrade its rom to 1.5 and 1.3 but it got messed up, the phone won't load at all after that (stays at white screen). he managed to get it back after loading 1.7 again. do we have any update or work-around to get my unit unlock so i can use it with my other sim. i was so excited with it that i thought it would be a walk in the park but my friend n i cant figure it out how to unlock it unlike when he did to his phone months ago.

any input will be highly appreciated, tnx!

Manny

Philippines

• 2 weeks later...

Help! :cry:

I downloaded the orange update from the uk website and halfway through updating the program crashed. Now i have this sunset screen always, whenever i switch the phone on. I dont know what i should do, i have tried running program again but it just says connection error and doesnt seem to find the phone. I've done the hardware reset also but that doesnt fix it either!! :roll:

If anyone could help me i would really appreciate it :wink:

Guest awarner [MVP]

Rerun the update from the Canary screen.

You get to the Canary screen by powering off the phone then Press and

hold the record button while powering on the phone.

This is the same as the Hard Reset except you do not press the action button.

When you see the canary screen rerun the update.

• 11 months later...

My QTek 7070, had been upgraded to UK 1.6, & unlocked too.

I'm wondering should I go back to 1.3 & why ??

Doesn't newer ROM should contains improvements ?

If it doesn't why they release it ?

Is it because we can use USBTerm to save IPSM that we need to downgrade ??