Petition for Flat Rate GPRS - over 1000 responses already!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

logo-left4.gif

Do you believe that your SPV NEEDS Flat Rate GPRS to be worthwhile?

Do you feel the networks aren't listening to the customer with regards to GPRS charging?

Would you consider switching networks to get Flat Rate GPRS?

Then sign the 'Petition for Reasonably Priced Flat Rate GPRS' by CLICKING HERE

We CAN make a difference!

A paper copy of the petition will be produced and delivered to the major networks at a (TBC) future date.

-------------

We have already received well in excess of ONE THOUSAND responses, and increasing fast!

I think the results should give all the networks real reason to worry...

A staggering 92.1%, that's well over a thousand of you, WOULD consider changing operators in order to take advantage of reasonably priced flat rate GPRS.

Below are a few of the many hundreds of comments submitted:

"a flat rate gprs would allow me to make the most of my phone."

"A sensibly priced, flat-rate GPRS would drive a huge take up in the use of data services. I'm not looking for GBs of throughput a month, just enough for a bit of browsing and emailing - is that too much to ask?"

"about time the providors listened to their customers, and rewarded loyalty properly."

"All I want is a GPRS tarrif to add to the normal phone one. Not tied to sending 500 free SMS per month or 100 minutes of "free" calls or some other rubbish. I just want a simple GPRS add-on for a known, flat rate at a reasonable price."

"Charging a priemium for GPRS when they can get it to work right with the smartphone (always dailing...) really eats at me!!"

"Excellent idea, this would enable us to use our phones as intended without having to get a second mortgage to do so."

"First carrier to provide "unlimited" data on GPRS wins by business!!"

"Flat-fee internet is the KILLER-APP for Orange!"

"GPRS in UK is too expensive. in china, if you spend £70, you can get GPRS unlimited download for the whole year. why should we pay this high price? is Orange not good as other companies?"

"How about a special GPRS contract with flat-rate GPRS but slightly higher call charges? I'd go for that :)"

"I believe that networks work harder to gain new customers than look after their existing customers."

signed

me to i live in london now and i have orange network

i use to live in french and pay 6 euros = £4 for 10 mo

the bandle is to expensif

orangre you need to change this if you every body use your service because it will be like the wap if it s to expensif nobody will use this.

do the same price to french it s euope now

;)

Guest Maverick

Signed it..

I know its asking for a bit too much.. But can we have a petition asking Orange to provide an OS upgrade to SP2003 for us early-birds who bought the phone when it was practically not ready for the market!!

Guest Simon Desser

Paul, d'you think it would be cool to send out a newsletter to ALL members about the petition, with a link to it :?:

Then you'd instantly increase the chances of people signing from a few hundred regulars, to thousands 8)

I've got a couple of mates with SPV's who'd definately sign the petition, but they unfortunately only visit MoDaCo once every few weeks :cry: (I'm always trying to get them to use it more :!: )

Guest chucky.egg

I'd pay £10/month

At the moment most of the people I know have a 2Mb bundle @ £4 so, if you take that as an unscientific average, Orange would get a 150% increase in revenue if they charged £10 (everyone I know stops using, or limits their use drastically, once they reach their bundle limit)

C'mon Orange - it makes sense!

Guest mattscholey

Agree totally with chris.orton.

I'm acutally considering taking out a new contract with T-Mobile, as 1)they have 100MB for £10 until 2004 and 2)after that there GPRS rates are noticably lower than Oranges.

This petition should be seen by all networks, not just Orange, so that they would realise that they'd soon have every Smartphone owner taking out a contract with them.

Definately send out a newsletter. And post on every other smartphone site you know of. Also if anyone knows any P800 forums, owners of that phone would be just as interested in this as SPV owners.

Matt