Guest Richie M

Guest Richie M

[161]LonghornM5.jpg

File Name :: Longhorn M5

Author :: Richie M

Category :: Computer

Description ::

Features

PC installer with sound, includes 2 versions of the Homescreen and a special version of Richie M's Alarm plug-in.

Also, the Analog version of the _Homescreen includes Twyx's LCD _plug-in to display an Analog clock instead of the standard numeric clock.

The system screens are included along with a nice WMP skin.

Includes the Windows Longhorn Start Up Sound as well!

Comments

As you'd expect these are large multi-page screens, with the graphics "loosely" based on Longhorn M5. Check out the extremly cool MRU, with moving cursor and scroll-bar

This was created before the ability to skin the Program Menu, Start-up and Shut-down screens was discovered, but this doesnt distract from a homescreen that was designed to and gives your phone that Windows feel.

4th in the series, and the best, and probably the largest Multi Screen Homescreen.

Updated Tue, Jan 25 2005 4:17 pm

View File

Guest lspatricio

i downloaded this skin. tried it on my SPV but whenever i click on the action button while on the homescreen in order to go to the date/time setting, my phone hangs afterwards. I have to take the batt out to reset. I tried it several times... to no avail.

Except for this, i have no other problem with this skin.

What could have possibly gone wrong? :shock:

Richie.....

I have to take my hat off to you. I dont know where you find the inspiration to put these skins together from scratch.

I have installed and tried several windows themed designs but none come close.

In my opionion though LM5 is the most acceptable and authentic looking skin that I have tried out on my E100.

Any chance you could put a skin together in the theme of pocketpc. I know Randy Nivales has a pocketpc skin (DX_PPC?) but the shortcut menus dont work as the code relies on having the original Orange rom apparently .

regards

nixy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest liquid5170

nice graphix and installer... for sure.. but how the hell do you delete it? and second... it totally messed up my activesync.. it doesn't even recognize the phone!

Guest midnight

i doubt very much that a skin messed up your activesync

and no-one else has complained about it, so i'd check to see if the fault lies elsewhere :lol:

oh and to delete it got to programs>settings>remove programs and select thskin to delete

Guest Disco Stu

Wonderful skin mate but the installer installed the Longhorn background to my PC in the process and then crashed the desktop ! :cry:

Its an old Win98 machine that's falling apart and everything's back to normal after a restart.

So.. uh... yeah... great !

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shodanjr_gr

Aparently, installing the skin, completely disabled active-synch of my SPV (the original one, using a Eurotel rom). Really like its look and feel though. :-)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HurricaneDave

ok so this is probably a stupid question but when i install this skin it says read registry error across the top of the screen!!

any ideas? i have tried reeboot etc etc

also i am using windows xp and your skin installer keeps looping endlessly

sorry if these ave already been aanswered

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Brigoli

hey richie! i downloaded your homescreen and it looks really good and works ok on my phone! i think (and so does my friend) that it is the best homescreen. in fact, i uninstalled all the other homescreens i have installed earlier. keep up the good work! :lol:

This may sound strange, but I can't seem to be able to download it. When I do, I only get an empty zipfile. However, I can download any other zipfile from this forum...

Can someone perhaps mail the zipfile to [email protected] please? I would appreciate it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest justafeind

i have had it on my spv and i love it but it takes up too much physical mem is there another addition to this homescreen but thats smaller in size????? :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Richie M

Sorry chaps been away for while, so not had much chance to check in here :/

has anyone tried longhorn m5 on the e2oo and does it work ok
I believe you'll have problems with the custom plug-ins on a e200 - but graphically it should work.

i have had it on my spv and i love it but it takes up too much physical mem is there another addition to this homescreen but thats smaller in size?????  
Unfortunately thats the draw back of multiscreens.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest trewang

damn love this homescreen

just a few things ive noticed (on my mpx200:)

-t-mobile/roaming etc. overlaps with the time at the bottom

-profile goes over the boundary of the start menu when set to automatic

-slows down phone bootup by like 20 seconds :) is that normal

but i love the design and the alarm part... nice work!

Guest bigmak

I just love that skin!

But still I have a little problem with it I can't solve (cos I'm a newbie :D )

The second screen (watch and alarm) shows an error in the alarm part. It says "read registry problem". How can I fix that?

Guest Richie M
how can i install this thing on my storage card?

You cant :?

Well technically you can i think, but you would have to move all the graphic files and change their path in the xml file (but you will have to keep the xml file on the phone)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.