Update on the 1.6 Build

Guest Mr Orange

Guest midnight

remember this is an update, not a whole new os, so you wont see any vast changes in the way things work. Its only the main complaints that have been fixed, such as battery life, sms char counter, and general phone speed.

remember this is an update, not a whole new os, so you wont see any vast changes in the way things work. Its only the main complaints that have been fixed, such as battery life, sms char counter, and general phone speed.

.....and SMS delivery receipts?

Guest siu99spj
...been fixed, such as battery life, sms...

So HOW much better is battery life? Admittedly I'm quite happy with the 3 days I manage to drag mine out for but the more the merrier I believe they say.

Guest Richie M
Are SMS delivery receipts a global setting or still per message?
Per message.

Yeah, and my other favourite, what about an improved backlight control?
Er dont know what you mean :? but the power settings are the same as before

Is there a GPRS meter - or in WM2003 for that matter?
nope - as for WM2003, no one will know untill we have a E200.

As Midnight said, please remember that is not a release of a new OS, its just an update to fix the major issues with the previous upgrade.

Thanks Richie.

Do we still need/does spacemonkey's start menu speedup app still work? And finally, do you still get the 'cow bell' dong when selecting a contact for SMSs (if so, does the ReplaceSound hack still work)?

Many thanks.

Well I just read true all of the massages and I must say it sounds great, been nagging orange NL for some time now....

Tnx for testing ... now wait for a few weeks ???

mayby mr. orange or paul for that mather could tell us by this time the offical release date ??

I have an unlocked phone, if you say it will sim lock my phone then I can't upgrade to Orange's 1.6 since we in the Philippines use different network. How come when I upgraded to Qtek/i-mate it did not sim lock my phone. :) :( :D

Hey!

Been away for a while, & good to come back to news on this!! I'm now on my 5th replacement handset due to gprs connection problems! So REALLY looking forward to the release of the new build.

Having read quickly thru this thread, nobody seems to have mentioned certification lock. Is it still on this build? Do we still have to do OTA unlock? I would assume at this stage that most smartphone users have unlocked their phones by some method or other - since the phone is next to useless without it!! I thought maybe Orange would realise it's just a hinderance that most people have got around now anyway.