Nice SPV E200 Pictures

Guest Simon Desser

Guest spacecowboy6982

Wow, how good does that look in the palm of that guys hand !!! SO aesthetically pleasing to hold i bet - im wanting one really badly now - 4 weeks to go i reckon...

SpaceCowboy

Guest Simon Desser
what does the writing VGA F2.8 mean on the back under the camera?

What sort of resolution is the camera?

VGA indicates the resolution of the camera which is 640 x 480 pixels (not sure what VGA actually stands for, but I'm sure someone else will tell us)

F2.8 is the aperture of the camera's lens. The smaller the "f" number, the "faster" the lens (the more light it lets in) "Faster" (wider aperture) lenses are better for taking pictures in dim light. Whilst there's nothing "wrong" with f2.8, a decent (non zoom) lens on an SLR camera would easily have an aperture of f1.4 which lets in twice as mush light as f2.8.

Guest siu99spj
Video Graphics Array means 640 by 480 pixels or a 1.33:1 aspect ratio :) Its a standard!

Sort of. The official VGA standard is actually for video cards that can output 640 x 480 with 16 colours or 320 x 240 with 256 colours. Not just the screen size.

Oddly, the info on cameras is misleading as it only refers to screen size, not the colour resolution (Which is usually 16 or 24 bit). But thats a common fault with a lot of digital cameras.

800 x 600 with 256 colours is SVGA (Super VGA) and then you start getting all manor of weird mixes, XGA, UXGA, XVGA, etc.

Most people have video cards that can far surpass that (1600 x 1200 with 4 billion colors (32-bit mode)), so the codes have become irrelevant really.

But, mmmm E200, you will be mine, my precious...

I might get one... I've only had my SPV for 3 weeks with MSN being cut off i might reject it under the sale of goods act for not fit for the purpose it was sold for, which it isn't cos it doesn't msn anymore... E200 here we come...

Guest beersoft

i was bored today at work and tormenting salesweasels on the phone

and according to my source (a phone disti - paul knowns of them) the E200 is being shiped to resellers the week starting 3rd november for a price before discount of 289.00 ex vat with contract.

im looking forward to my kickback from orange for getting one :)

later

Owen

"We need a licensed electrician to replace the light bulbs in the computer room."

Guest spacecowboy6982
looks a loot more sleak and business like.

true, but the aesthetics of the E-200 shine through and through. Streamlined and a bit of colour thrown in too, make the E-200 phone of the moment.

SpaceCowboy

Guest acabbie

its nice to know the E200 has bluetooth, does anyone know if it has voice dialing as it would come in very handy now that the laws are being tightened in England regards using phones whilst driving ?

Regards the new legislation which becomes active on the 1st December, you can use a phone whilst driving providing you are using a handsfree kit, that is there must be no physical connection between you and the phone so the current "handsfree kit" of having a wire running between you and the phone will be unacceptable.

My understanding is that if someone calls you and you have the phone on auto answer and your using a bluetooth kit then you will not be liable to a fine, if however you reach to answer the phone even if using a bluetooth then you are liable, if so, if you need to make a call then surely you would need voice dialing as standard so that you don't have to reach to your phone to select a contact ?

Having said all that, as soon as my contract is up for renewal in December, my name will be down for the E200.

:wink: