Motorola MPx200 Unlock?

Guest willstyles

Guest willstyles

Hey everyone,

Ok ive been waiting for the MPx200 for a while now cause up here in Canada we dont have very many cool phones, and if I want to spend $300 on a new phone I want it to have allot of features.

So the MPx200 is finally released, but I find out its only for AT&T Wireless in the USA. My current cell provider said I can use it on my network as long as I get the phone unlocked, so I have 2 questions.

Is that $299 price on the AT&T website the set price for the device, and I can go into a store and buy the handset without signing up on the spot?

Second, is it possible to unlock the AT&T from the phone so I can get it on my network.

Any answers to my questions would be awsome. Thanks! :)

The Amazon price without a contract is $399 (US), just ordered one myself :shock:

As for unlocking, according to another post it's possible to unlock it remotely.

Also can the MPx200 play videos with no lag? cause I notice it only has a 206mhz cpu.

I believe that it actually has the same processor as the E100 (132MHz)? But it is supposed to be a highly tweaked version of Smartphone 2002 so it should play video clips no problems. I suppose we'll have to wait and see...

Guest willstyles
Amazon will not ship the MPx200 to Canada, only to the US.

It is available in stores in the USA, hence my question if I can walk into an AT&T store and not have to sign up on the spot.

Guest nytehawk2002

A friend of mine is looking at getting an MPx200 here in the states. The AT&T rep told him it was a horrible phone with tons of bugs. They state that the earpiece has a hum to it for no obvious reason. They also claim it crashes all the time and the signal quality is poor on it. I have an unlocked SPV on T-mobile USA and I have little or no problems with the phone itself. I find the biggest problem is the provider being stupid and not really knowing much about the service they're selling.

I just picked up my MPx200 at the local Best Buy for $299, no contract, activation, etc...... I then contacted Adam at GSMPhonesource.com. $20 and 10 minutes later, I was using my Moto on the T-Mobile network.

The only way to go........Do you have Best Buys in Canada, or will they ship to you off of thier web site ??

Good Luck !!

nickp, Where in the US are you from (which BestBuy did you get the phone at)?

How did you contact Adam from GSMPhonesource.com? phone or web order?

Thanks!

Ixtab

Guest willstyles
I just picked up my MPx200 at the local Best Buy for $299, no contract, activation, etc......  I then contacted Adam at GSMPhonesource.com.  $20 and 10 minutes later, I was using my Moto on the T-Mobile network.

The only way to go........Do you have Best Buys in Canada, or will they ship to you off of thier web site ??

Good Luck !!

Thanks for the awsome info! I live 2 hours from the US border, so im just gonna drive to Seattle and pick one up. They refuse to sell good phones here in canada....that $299 here would get me a phone relased 3 years ago in the USA..lol

I have a few other questions regarding the phone

1. Can msn messanger be used on any other GPS network or is it exclusive to AT&T?

2. How much are the 1GB cards?

3. How much is the add on camera?

Guest nickcornaglia
Thanks for the awsome info! I live 2 hours from the US border, so im just gonna drive to Seattle and pick one up. They refuse to sell good phones here in canada....that $299 here would get me a phone relased 3 years ago in the USA..lol

I have a few other questions regarding the phone

1. Can msn messanger be used on any other GPS network or is it exclusive to AT&T?

2. How much are the 1GB cards?

3. How much is the add on camera?

Messenger will work on any of the GPRS networks. It has nothing to do with the network. Just the fact that you have an internet connection.

1GB cards are still pretty expensive. You'd be better off buying 2 256MB cards.

No info on the camera just yet. Still waiting for that info.

Guest willstyles

Messenger will work on any of the GPRS networks. It has nothing to do with the network. Just the fact that you have an internet connection.

1GB cards are still pretty expensive. You'd be better off buying 2 256MB cards.

No info on the camera just yet. Still waiting for that info.

Thanks for the info. Do you know a place where I can get the 256MB cards the cheapest?

Also allot of people were saying the SPV lags after too many contacts are in it, and different stuff......Is it positive that the MPx200 has the same processor? I was hoping it was a bit faster.