Lastest edition of computer active gets it wrong - E200!!!

Guest paulmottley

Guest paulmottley

Could be me just moaning but I looked throught the lastest copy of comuter active today. Noticed it had a feature on smartphones, so I thought 'great they must have a review on the E200 !'

But sadly no, they wrote a bit on the E100 instead- weeks before the E200 comes out. They listed 'no bluetooth' as one of its bad points(which will be available) and didn't mention the SD card.

Just to top it all off they were using a picture of the first handset the SPV and not the E100 .....

Muppets, they could of held on for a week or two.

Saying that the E100 still came out on top of the others reviewed.

You would have thought that they might of had some help from O rather than going blind about the handsets on show!

(it's been a long day)

Guest kyrkesmith

I don't think you can really blame them for not holding until the E200 comes out. I think that's an issue for Orange - why didn't they provide an E200 for review?

But yeah, it's silly of them to be getting things wrong. These guys don't always know as much as they like us to think. But then again, this is an all round computer magazine, not a phone specific mag, so it's not surprising that they're not fully clued up.

The best magazine for errors was What Computer?, a free publication, which seemed to have a team of about one journalist. It doesn't seem to be published anymore, unfortunately.

Guest gspacedboy

I've got a subscription to Computer Active... i noticed it to... thing is they normally are quite clueded up on such things like gadgets... they even mentioned in the previous editions to look out for a BIG artical on smartphones, so i was really excited until i read this. to bad. maybe they will put more effort in next time!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest paulmottley

I don't know who provides the info when they run a review on products. They must have done some research into it though. You would have thought somebody would have picked up on the new handset due in a few weeks!

The SPV is windows powered, therefore making it a computer based phone.

I guess I'm disappointed as other SPV owners that we didn't get a review of the E200 before we go out and buy it.

Really can't wait for it now !