The story behind your /nick

Guest beersoft

Guest beersoft

As im bored on a saturday night and people do keep asking me why are you called beersoft? and i stumbled over this thread here

i thought it would be nice to tell the stories about our nicknames

my nick was thought up way back in '92 when I was doing a city and guilds in computer programming and wanted to put a name at the top of my latest creation, so during a pub lunch the idea struck beer + software = beersoft. it sounded a little stupid but so did microsoft. It kind of stuck as an online identity through the BBS days then CIX and now the internet (and no laughing at the back, my hostname at demon has been around since '94).

thats my story, im sticking to it

now tell the world yours......

Later

Owen

"what !?!? netscape 0.98 doesn't support tables and frames"

Guest spacemonkey

I've always had a range of nicks most of which I didn't really like but could never figure out anything better.

I spose spacemonkey would mostly be from the movie Fight Club where the brainwashed troops of project mayhem are referred to as spacemonkeys, but I'm quite happy with the sound of it, so I think it'll be my nick for many years to come.

Guest mcwarre

mine is boring also...

Just my name with the last letter taken off and it comes from my first PC logon back in the early 90's

(although caused problems in Scotland; they thought I was McWarren)

Marcus Brody is the curator of an archaeological museum in New York City who has been Indiana Jones' patron since he decided to pursue archaeology

hehe

My real name is Marc and my mate used to call me Marcus Brody which got shortened to Brody!

So I have Indiana Jones to thank!

Guest morpheus2702

I used to be 'Trouserpod' on many sites, but it simply made me sound like some sort of deviant.

Morpheus after Larry Fishburn in the Matrix - if only I could be 1% as cool as...

2702 after 27th February, my birthday.

It's absolutely thrilling stuff I know! :roll:

Guest zeta101

my name originated when i started to play an online game called imperial conflict, i was just trying to think up a cool name, and somehow came up with zeta101, i use it for all online stuff now cos im too lazy to think up of anything different...

Mine comes from the Viz Profan-asorus (dictionary of rude/funny words); my surname is Butcher and there's an entry in there of "Crafty Butcher: Someone who likes to slip their meat around the back" so it started as a joke with my mates. Got shortened to just crafty which i kinda liked...

Guest morpheus2702

'Takes their meat up the back passage' wasn't it? :(

The Profanisaurus is the only reason I still buy Viz. I love the Dirty Sanchez s*** mostache, and the even better Dirty Beppe s*** goatee. :)

Guest Richie M

Mines obviously not very exciting, its my DJ name - so i get called it in real life so why not internet life :)

(Richard being proper first name but only my family call me that, and M is the first letter of my surname :roll:)

Well hey mines simple. well kinda...i have a beema (well daddy's) one and well if any one have ever heard the song (Beanie Man.. Who Am i?)

it goes "...Zim-Zima who got the keys to my beema...." cleaverly thought up by my mate in college bout 5 years ago.

i use it everywhere now, mates, family, even lectures call me zim!

doubt any1 of my mates actually know my real name. :)

oh well there is my story

"Z"

Guest Schioett

My nick here is actually different (for some odd reason) from what I normally use.

(Schioett is my surname - It's danish and it is actually spelled Schiøtt, but I bet none of you non-danes have a clue how to pronuce that :) )

Normally I use the nick Timiun

TIMIUN stand for: This Is My Internet User Name

VERY easy to remember 8)

Cheers

my last name, simple as that.

i used to call myself danmeister online, when i was still chatting. shortened it to d-meister then. since i was the computer-geek for all my friends they called me the computer-meister.

i then remembered a skit from saturday night live where some guy called everyone some sort of meister "hey, the dudmeister. going to the copying machine. copymeister, heh heh".

so in memoriam of the years i've spent in canada i went with danmeister/d-meister.

then i thought it sounded too much like a show-off, so i went with "mores".

:) yep Rembered the Ali G one...

even had the domain name zim-zima.com but alas couldnt be bothered to pay for it anymore so gave it up... though might just get it back agian...

"Z"