The story behind your /nick

Guest beersoft

Guest James

woooo!

what an old thread..

mine is not very good.. the first three letters i have had as a nick for the last nine years since work when i had to sign in, there was two of us with the same initals JL so we adopted the second letter of our last names. last letters appeared when i fist started using wap.. and had to log into wap sites!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest zoegod

my name is ZOE and i want to be a god (small letter) of something so came the ZOEgOD.

hope its not covered under blasphemy or something like that.my name is ZOE and i want to be a god (small letter) of something so came the ZOEgOD.

hope its not covered under blasphemy or something like that.

Guest Maverick
Yeah right.

You think you're Tom Cruise, you do !  :wink:  :D

Nope.. In my previous life (Avatar), I was a US Navy Fighter pilot and that was my call sign .. LOL :D

Still its a random nick ... there was a good chance I would have picked BraveHeart or something like that :?

Guest mcwarre
In my previous life (Avatar), I was a US Navy Fighter pilot and that was my call sign ..

So you're a short arse who can't act :?: :?: :?: :wink: :wink:

Guest bigmak

most boring story. The company I used to work for a couple of years took the always took the first two letters from the first name and the first from the last name to make short names. That made me MArkus Kaufmann -> MAK. I used to work in Research and was the first in a new team to bring a new product on the market. So my boss called me Big MAK (because he always had these odd ideas to call people with their short names. Especially when they sounded like something wellknown to others.). I changed company, but kept the name.

Guest Pondrew

Mine is my surname followed by the last three letters of my first name.

People began coming up with it (independantly I might add!) back in my university days and it's stuck ever since.

Guest bosshogg

I was on a train travelling from Ilford to Liverpool Street in summer 1996. A colleague had introduced me to IRC the night before and I was trying to think of a suitable nick, and first I was going to use "Roscoe" after Roscoe P. coltrane, but then thought bosshogg sounded better, and it's stuck ever since - even use it for Halo pc.

Funny thing is, I didn't ever really like Dukes Of Hazzard... :D

Guest Fusius

Mine came from college days when I was reading eastern philosophy...specifically Confucius. My first name is Charles, so I used to go by Charlesfusius and after a while, that was a mouthful and I shortened it to Fusius. Not the greatest story, but it's been with me ever since.

Guest drblow
woooo!

what an old thread..

mine is not very good.. the first three letters i have had as a nick for the last nine years since work when i had to sign in, there was two of us with the same initals JL so we adopted the second letter of our last names. last letters appeared when i fist started using wap.. and had to log into wap sites!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Yeah right - you love Jennifer Lopez you do!! :D

Mine originally comes from playing trumpet in a jazz band a long time ago. We did a festival typ0e thing, and the singer wanted to introduce us all, so we had to think up cool jazz names. I actually intended it to be a cunning parody of Dr. No (James Bond obv.), but what with the other connotations, people assume it's to do with substance abuse - which it aint, no matter what Chris JM says! :D

• 2 months later...
Guest lukeap69

let's keep this rolling...

it's quite fun to read.

mine is luke (from star wars skywalker), ap (my initials), it used to have 69 (my favorite number = don't ask why) but i don't know why i can't used it here. maybe i registered before using a mobile. so it should be lukeap69, but here lukeap only.

cheers.

Guest Flubster

My nick has been flubster since middle school....

Flubster is a longer version of flub (I streamlined it....)

flub = Fat Lazy Useless Ba**ard

It stuck basically, and i've been using it ever since. Most of my friends don't actually know my christian name.... :)

Flubster

Mine is a shortened version of the Jamaican phrase "Ras clat!". Me and my mates heared it in a film years back and started using it as light-hearted insult to each other.

It got shortened to Ras... and it's stuck! No relation to my picture... that's just Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell

P ;-)

Guest Palindrome

I chose mine at random, pretty much the first thing that came to mine. I wasn't expecting my post count to get past 10 when I first registered or else I would have personalitised it more.

• 9 months later...
Guest Madeye

Lets hear a few more shall we? ...

I've had my nick for 9 years now, since I was 13! :)

I'd finally saved up the £5 to become a member of LaserQuest - wow. So I was stood at the desk fillin in the membership form when a bunch of girls came in to play, they were all talkin about who they wanted on their teams and one of them pointed and shouted at me "I want him, he's got mad eyes!".

I haven't.

I think I'm pretty lucky I didn't develop some sort of complex, 13 year olds can be very vulnerable!

There you have it... mad eyes - Madeye. (I didn't like the s)

Guest peekie

Well mine has nothing to do with the rabbit , peekie is the name of my bird , the rabbit is called snuffle ( a C500 usb cable chewer ) :) :D

Guest Madeye

Do they have to be c500 cables? Maybe you could plant a few "dummy cables" in an attempt to keep your real one safe!

By bird you mean the type with wings right? :exclaim:

EDIT: Here in good old England people have a habit of calling their girlfriend their "bird". Winds me up. I just noticed where you were from and thought I'd explain my above comment!

Edited by Madeye

Guest peekie

well iam a born brit living in holland now for 11 years , it is a bird a green parrot and the rabbit chews everything including the wifes laptop power cable ( its full of teeth marks now :) :D mines still whole guess the rabbit likes my lappy :D

Guest mavisdavis

Mine was a case of misshurd surename.

One of my old suprvisors (he was new) thought my surname was Davis and spent a good 2 mins shouting me across the factory floor. Then somebody alerted me that he was shouting then when I returned my works mates made up the mavis bit its stuck ever since :)