E200 - Are The Following 'Bugs' Fixed

Guest Jedra

Still got my original SPV and am about to upgrade to either the SPV E-200 or the SonyErcsn P900. Can anyone tell me if the following bugs have been fixed on the new E-200?

1. Sending Contacts via SMS. (Can't do this on SPV)

2. T9 Dictionary forgets learned words (especially after off/on cycle).

3. Phone doesn't accept calls/sms even though it shows 2-bars of signal.

4. Doesn't save failed sms sends as Draft (pain in the a**e to resend these currently).

These are things that turn the SPV from being a decent phone into a frustrating piece of kit at times.

Thanks in advance.

Jedra.

hi

I get the qtek 8080 late november/ begining of dec.

I'll guess somebody in the forum get it before me, but if not i'll check it all!

best regard

tormod

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Paul [MVP]
1. Sending Contacts via SMS. (Can't do this on SPV)
Not that I am aware in the base OS.

2. T9 Dictionary forgets learned words (especially after off/on cycle).

This seems to work OK now.

3. Phone doesn't accept calls/sms even though it shows 2-bars of signal.
Seems to be sorted, and also seems to be sorted in the 1.6 SPV update

4. Doesn't save failed sms sends as Draft (pain in the a**e to resend these currently).

Definitely fixed!

:)

P

What about the following as well...

1. Automatic line 2 switching (or shortcut eg hash key)???

2. Turn delivery reports on permanently???

3. alert when calling someone who is on call waiting (either on display like a Nokia, or a beep like an SE mobile)???

4. Ring and vibrate on line 2 (at the moment you can only do either or)???

Thanks a lot. If the above are fixed then I think I will get an E200 over the Moto. This is a very difficulty decision for me as I have just seen a Moto dummy, and it is VERY nice. I was very surprised..... as I was kind of hoping it would be horrible.... that way I wouldnt have had to deliberate over which one to get! :?

Guest Paul [MVP]
1. Automatic line 2 switching (or shortcut eg hash key)???
Fixed in 1.6 update on SPV/E100, don't know about E200 (you would hope so!)

2. Turn delivery reports on permanently???

Not that I could see in the build I saw (NOT the final build)

3. alert when calling someone who is on call waiting (either on display like a Nokia, or a beep like an SE mobile)???
No idea

4. Ring and vibrate on line 2 (at the moment you can only do either or)???

No idea

:)

P

Paul

Anyone tested the success rate of completing a contact search (+custom ringtone) for incoming calls when using a VERY large number of contacts in SP2003 software.

There has been a lot of topics about this problem using SP2002.

Guest Pagemakers

And the biggest question of all. Is the GPRS dialling sticking problem fixed - please God say yes!

Paul, since your posting above are your T9 words still remembered - again please say yes!

Guest Paul [MVP]
And the biggest question of all. Is the GPRS dialling sticking problem fixed - please God say yes!

Paul, since your posting above are your T9 words still remembered - again please say yes!

GPRS dialling YES on e200, YES on 1.6.

T9, don't know yet... soon! :)

P

I mean the other way round. The phone doesn't telll you when the person you are calling is on call waiting. This is quite annoying as you cant tell if the person you are calling is busy on another call..... or just ignoring you! :)

Dont think so as I have tried calling the same person on a Nokia, SE and Samsung all of which tell you when the person is already on a call. The SPV however does not. I am quite surprised that no-one has noticed this before..... Out of interest, has anyone ever been told that the person they are calling is on a call??? Maybe its a settings thing??? :?:

Guest ritalun

Sounds like most of the problems are fixed... so would you recommend me to go buy a e200? How would you compare the new smartphones of SonyEricsson, Nokia and Moto?

Guest Pagemakers

Just sold my Nokia 6600 so I would say no to that. Just bought a P900 and I'll let you know in a few days on that one.

Still buying an E200 though and I think that will win the day!