Qtek 8080 available in 21 days on expansys.com

Guest cwest

My First post.... excellent site... have learned a lot from all the helpful posts here... thanks guys.

I have finally decided to to dump the old Nokia 8210 that has suffered from screen blanking for the last 3 years and now cannot wait to get my first smartphone!

I was surprised to see the Qtek 8080 is now available for order in 21 days on expansys.com for £350. This is cheaper that they have the 7070 for. This makes no sense to me... anyone??

I'm also a little confused as to what sort of BT device I'll need to get it conneted to my work and personal laptops? Would something like Blue Monkey USB Bluetooth Adaptor do the job.

One further confusion... I presume any SD memory card I buy for the phone will also be interchangeable with the SD slot on my IPAQ (3780 I think). Would be handy If I could also connect to the Blue Monkey USB Bluetooth Adaptor from the IPAQ too!

Sorry to post so many questions on my first post...

Guest PsychoDave

Hi there Welcome to the Site :)

Dunno what to say but I've never trusted expansys.coms release dates they tend to change seemingly randomly sometimes.

As far as the SD cards are concerned I can't see any reason that they won't be compatible. My SD card moves between my phone, camera and mp3 player without any worries at all. (apart from trying to remember whats on which card and where I've put them :oops: )

Hope that helps a bit and enjoy.

Cheers

Thanks for the response PsychoDave....

I thought I'd read before about expansys not being too reliable on dates, and infact 2ish days later it's still on 21 days! I'm still unsure of the price issue and believe this will go up also with time.

I guess I'll be holding on for a little longer for any phone then....

Cheers.