REQ: Hompage for T-mobile users

Guest Byron Sanford

Guest Byron Sanford

For any of you out there experimenting with Homepage creation, I would love to see a homepage virtually identical to the ATT standard one but with the mMode links reworked to go to either the T-Zone web equivalents or some other non-mMode sites.

Any takers out there?

TIA,

-Byron

Guest statscat

Hi,

if you copy the home.xml file off the phone (they are normally in /windows or in /ipsm/application data/home and post it here along with the urls for teh T-zoen sites (I don't know what they are) then I'll have a go at making the changes

Guest Byron Sanford

This is the only home file I was able to find in either of the directories you suggester. I'm not sure it's what you're looking for, as it's pretty small.

As for the URL's, I'm not sure what to use, as the T-Zones wap pages apprently don't work with the Mpx200. I would settle for the stock MS Smartphone 2002 web page that is in the favorites folder: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=5980

Unless anyone has other suggestions for links.

Thanks for the reply and the help!

home.cpl.xml.txt

Guest statscat

HIya,

its a different file from that one, the file(s) you are looking for end

.home.xml

so have the format

mynewpage.home.xml

default.home.xml

basic.home.xml

sorry I wasn't hugely clear.

Guest nickcornaglia
For any of you out there experimenting with Homepage creation, I would love to see a homepage virtually identical to the ATT standard one but with the mMode links reworked to go to either the T-Zone web equivalents or some other non-mMode sites.

Any takers out there?

TIA,

-Byron

Are you able to get onto TZones with you Motorola?

Guest statscat

Kewl we're getting closer :lol:)

These are homescreen files, but these are the MS ones .....

Does anyone know the name if the operator default for the MPx200 ?

home.xml as I am guessing thats the one with the links in it.

hmmmmm I feel so bad, are there any other home.xml files there

Guest nickcornaglia

just open your homescreen xml file taht you like.

edit it with a txt editor to be what you want it to be.

rename it and place it in your IPSM/Application Data/Home directory.

Guest statscat

hmmm its just those files don't have any urls in, or any non MS plugins and MS don't do a url launcher.

plus you would need to know the plugin details first to add them, hence the homescreen with the plugin in it would be better from a non coder perspective, otherwise its a trawl through clsids to see if there is something with a homescreen screen sounding name just to get the clsid then there is the entire back engineering of the xml ......

Its unlikely that they used the same format as Orange's plugin

I think finding the file is harder at present than the editing of it

Guest nickcornaglia

Which phone do you have? DO you have the AT&T MPx200 and using it on T-Mobile? If so...please post the XML file you are referring to and I'll show you what you need to change.

Guest Byron Sanford
Which phone do you have? DO you have the AT&T MPx200 and using it on T-Mobile? If so...please post the XML file you are referring to and I'll show you what you need to change.

I assume you mean me. Yes, I've got a Mpx200. I'll try to dig up which .xml file is the ATT default homepage. I have not seen a file neame that jumps out at me, so any cliues on its name (other than*.hompage.xml) would be usefull.

ON you earlier questions about T-Zones WAP. No, I have not gotten it working yet. Based on what others have said, it may not be possible without a way of fooling the T-Zones page into thinking it is being browsed by a differnt browser. (This may have bene tired too, but I'm not sure.)

If anyone figgures out a way, though, kudos to them!

Guest nickcornaglia

Changed the links to AccuWeather, CNN News, Google, ModacoMobile

You can open the xml file in notepad to change the links as you like.

Note the URL after you put your zip in on AccuWeather. You can change the URL to that to immediately go to your 5-day.

Dont forget to remove the .txt before moving the file to your IPSM/Application Data/Home directory on your phone.

The homescreen will be named "No mMode"

ALL OTHER USERS...Please note the clsid for the shortcut plugin for the MPx200. If you ever come across a skin that you like that requires the shortcut plugin....change the clsid number to:

{E9ADCC6A-9FCB-4100-AA5D-556A615685CE}

Please check it and let me know if it works okay...

NoMMode.home.xml.txt

Guest Byron Sanford

Awesome!

Thanks encece!

One more question? Is there a doable way to change the function of the MMode icon in the top icon bar. I saw that it references a plugin. Would this require recompilation of a plugin to do? If so, anyone capable of doing this? (I don't have the SDK and other necessary tools.) If not, how do you do it, as I did not see and editable references for the individual buttons. (Admittedly I could have missed them!)

Thanks again!

-Byron

Guest nickcornaglia

I cant as I dont have the original. I just changed the xml.

Oh and the icon bar at the top is waaaaaay beyond me. Need some mad dope skillz for dat!

Guest statscat

I think all it does is query the exe for its defualt icon kind of like the orange shortcut queries the link files, change the .exe pointed to in the pos1="" etc and it should work,

its a back engineer of the orange shortcut, DAT needed to do 2 plugins to do what the orante shortcut did with 1. The layout is exactly the same escept for the "clone" plugins..........

Still goes to show if all the other operaotrs are copying orange, then orange must have got something right (and theres does support lang etc so is actually a better plugin.

ANyway the clone copy have this xml

alter the pos3="" to any LNK file in /ipsm/start menu/ , I don't think you will be able to get at subfolder though you could try

pos3="camera.lnk"

or

pos3="games/solitaire.lnk"

or even

pos3="/games/solitaire.lnk"

depends if DAT included the slash / at the end, that should change the icon if the query the exe, they may however have those hardcoded so you'll just have to give a whirl.

Guest Byron Sanford

Actually, I found a post in the Customization forum which showed a registry entry to change the links in the icon bar. What I am trying to figure out now is how to shrink the icons.

Doing a search in the customization forum should turn up the thread.

Thanks for the help guys.

-Byron

Guest nickcornaglia

Your choice of terms was incorrect.

The iconbar is the area (at the top of most skins) that shows reception, battery, GPRS, etc. That's called the iconbar plugin.

What you are referring to in the MRU Plugin (Most Recently Used) icons.

(I believe.)

Here is an example for one. Yours may vary slightly.

<plugin clsid="{79EFB752-CB70-446d-B317-499723482B3D}" name="startmru" height="20"> 

<format state="selected" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT"/> 

<background b-border-width="1"/> 

<mru icon-size="16" max-buttons="9" /> 

</plugin>

Notice the MRU ICON-SIZE tag. I believe the size can be 16 (small) or 32 (large).

Is this what you are looking for?

Guest Byron Sanford

Not quite.

What I'm trying to modify is the size of the incons in the ATMRUPlug plugin. I did try inserting the iconsize modifier that works with the regulat MTU plugin, but it does not seem to affect the icon size in the ATMRUPlug.

Has onyone successfully modified the size of the cons in the ATMRUPlug plugin which is standard on the AT&T Mpx200 homescreens?

Guest Byron Sanford

Is there a buil-in method for doing screenshots in the mpx200? If not if someone can point me to a freeware app, I'd be happy to post a screenshot.