Is there a camera for the MPx200?

Guest winterminute

Guest FrankyG

What would be nice if someone could write an app that would automatically transfer the photos which you've just taken to a pre-defined location on your storage card, when you re-insert your SD or MMC. Just a though.... :idea:

Guest PDAZealot

Well, I just got mine in the mail today[the SD camera from gaborvision in Taiwain], but it's not recognizing when I plug it in! I've made sure I have the IA 1.6 Album[Camera] software installed on the phone in local memory, but it just doesn't show up as a camera that is plugged in! Arrgghhh! Any suggestions on how to resolve? I've uninstalled, and reinstalled several times, no improvement. Also, I've tried plugging it in dozens of times as well. Any suggestions sorely appreciated....

only one... and U won't like it I'm afraid!!!

This would be the fact that there are no drivers for the camera within the phone... this is why it's probably not on general release in the UK or states yet as it would most likely need to come with the driver software bundled with it or with a ROM update to add them much as happened with the SPV when the keyboard was released :oops:

Guest PDAZealot

True, maybe it requires a driver that is unlisted anywhere. I've checked at the IAstyle.com site, and it says that the Camera program is part of the package, and it should detect a camera being plugged in. When I plug it in, it doesn't see squat. Yes, since I am in the States, and Sophist is in Hong Kong, it may be the firmware is different, or something extra is added, but I haven't heard anything said about this. Sophist, thank you for your PM. Did you[or has anyone else who has this SD Camera] have to load any other software, or do any changes besides load the IA Album software to get it to work? Any input greatly appreciated, as I don't like that I paid $150 for a camera part that doesn't work. :-(

Guest mutleyboy
Well, I just got mine in the mail today[the SD camera from gaborvision in Taiwain], but it's not recognizing when I plug it in!  I've made sure I have the IA 1.6 Album[Camera] software installed on the phone in local memory, but it just doesn't show up as a camera that is plugged in!  Arrgghhh!  Any suggestions on how to resolve?  I've uninstalled, and reinstalled several times, no improvement.  Also, I've tried plugging it in dozens of times as well.  Any suggestions sorely appreciated....

just a thought, but maybe it would work with the factory moto rom that was circling around on mpx200.org.

Not sure if it is worth trying it out though, may be better to wait for an announcement of a UK release

Guest PDAZealot

Yeah, I was thinking about flashing to the generic ROM, but I've heard it hurts the 1900 reception[i'm in the US, so this is key], and I don't know that it will solve the issue. Plus, there is no way of going back, so I don't think I want to do it till I know it works, or I have a way of coming back to the ATT ROM version. Please let me know of any other ideas though.

Guest PDAZealot

Most likely, nothing. However, it might have the IA Album+capture software preloaded. This might do the trick with the camera problem, as my problem very well may be with the ATT ROM having the MMS and Camera software removed that may be essential. This is odd though, as I am using the IA Album 1.6 software that should have the IA Capture program as a part of it. Basically, it should work, but it just doesn't. Downgrading to the generic ROM is fine, but it's not worth doing unless I know it will enable the camera functionality 100%, as I lose 1900mhz reception in the process. Anyone who has this camera, do you have the ATT branded ROM or the generic Moto ROM?

Guest Shuflie

Even though I don't have the generic rom installed (I have the Orange supplied ROM) I don't think that it will have either the MMS software or IA Album software built in. The reason being that when the Orange supplied phone is hard reset the MMS software, IA Album and all the other software which comes supplied on the camera gets wiped out. The application were all supplied on CD for reinstalling after a hardreset. I think your problem will be more down to the version of IA Album that you have (i.e. 1.6), the version that comes on the CD with the MPx200 from Orange is supposed to be a pre-release version of IA Album 2, it most likely has drivers for the SD camera (which wasn't around when IA Album 1.6 was written) built in. From what I remember we were meant to get a free upgrade to version 2 when it was released but you would really need to contact IA Style to confirm this.

Guest PDAZealot

Free at last! Thank G*d I'm free at last! :-) Thanks to a very kind person here at Modaco, I was directed to try out the IA Album 2.0 package. That was the ticket, and the camera software works perfectly with this newer 2.0 version. It was the 1.6 version of IA Album that didn't work. Pictures and video are coming out fine now. I'll post some up for the forum to look at later. Thanks again everyone for their suggestions and sorely appreciated help.

Guest lukeyboy
Free at last!  Thank G*d I'm free at last! :-)  Thanks to a very kind person here at MoDaCo, I was directed to try out the IA Album 2.0 package.  That was the ticket, and the camera software works perfectly with this newer 2.0 version.  It was the 1.6 version of IA Album that didn't work.  Pictures and video are coming out fine now.  I'll post some up for the forum to look at later.  Thanks again everyone for their suggestions and sorely appreciated help.

Wow, fantastic. Nice one, am happy for you :lol:

Can you please do a kind of mini review - how good is the camera, how does it transfer stuff to the SD card, the max amout/length of pics or video etc..

Cheers

Luke

• 1 month later...
Guest markdotpeters5

before.jpg

after.jpg

here's an image taken with the camera, and the same image after i've gotten rid of the purple bleeding around the edge of the picture.

I'll put a video up when I've got somewhere a little more permanent to host it, but basically, it's alright apart from the same purpleness!

Any questions, give me a shout and i'll happily respond.

cheers

Guest FrankyG

I just got mine today, but find the camera activation Very unreliable. Even after a reboot, I more often than not get the message 'Camera has not been detecteded or is currently being activated. Please click OK' Clicking OK at this point takes you to the IA Album picture viewer, where you can try to activate the camera again but it never works. My first thoughts are that this is going straight back, it's just not good enough. Maybe there's a fix or I'm doing something wrong, I hope so.

Guest markdotpeters5

I usually find that I have to leave it a couple of seconds after plugging it in before trying to activate it, but it works every time.

It's not the best camerra in the world, but it is fairly cheap.

• 1 month later...
Guest jack_d12

how did u get the purple/black off of the pictures ? i also find that mypictures are a little too dark and there is no zooming in camera mode that is lower than 640x480 ?? anyone know how to control the brightness and make the camera zoom in at 640x480 ?? i can take about 1 min of video w/ sound or about 38 pictures 640x480.

Guest jack_d12

so is there anyway i can change the brightness of the screen ? sometimes when i'm trying to take pictures it's too dark and even when i'm watching movies ? i know u can change the contrast but i don't think that helps much. also how do i enable zoom in 640x480 mode ? thanks for any help.

Guest jack_d12

anyone got any help on turning up the brightness of the phone ? also enabling zooming of the camera in 640x480 mode ??? thanks in advance.

Guest awarner [MVP]

You will not be able to zoom with 640x480 as the camera uses

a digital zoom and not an optical one so any zooming will reduce the

resolution.

As with the brightness unless there is a setting in the software then this will not be possible either :)