What are the chances it will be upgradable to WM2003?

Guest Bunchie

Guest Bunchie

Does anyone think it is realistic that it will be possible to upgrade this phone to Smartphone 2003? This could be an official update from Orange or an "unofficial" one by a third party. I'm just interested in peoples views as to whether they think it will happen?

Guest mattscholey

I'm sure Orange's main interest is getting us to buy new phone, upgrading, and extending their contracts, so that they're customers are bound to their network for longer. Releasing an update would go completely against this, so I'd be surprised.

Other people's views would be interesting.

Matt

I'd have to agree with Matt... although the phone has everything it needs really, (memory wise that is), to accept an upgrade it would be unlikely that Orange would offer this as it may well preclude the sale of other smartphone products! Not really good business sense to extend the life of a product and reduce potential sales of new products...

But it does beg the question of why release two phones virtually simultaneously, one of which has the latest OS and one with the previous OS? Surely in countries where the new OS is available this will severly affect any further development on the 'old' system! And as .NET seems to be the way forward for Microsoft right now this can't be a good thing for anyone left using Smarphone 2002! So U have to ask how short the shelf life of something like the MXP200 is going to be?