SMS problems with MIO

Guest braddo

I have just upgraded from the Orange SPV to the Mio 8380.

The phone is great! So much better than the SPV. However the phone doesn't seem to like sending SMS's. I have found that I can send messages to some people with no problems, such as sending a txt to my flatmate. But it frequently won't let me send messages to some of my contacts. An error message pops up saying the message cannot be sent, please try again later. After trying time and time again, I still get the same message. But between re-sending to a contact it won't send to, I tried sending a message to my flatmate and it works fine whenever. There is no difference in the saved number format for all of my contacts: +44 7xxxxxxxxx. I am in the UK and on Orange. Has anyone else experienced such problems and is there something I can do to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance for any help, Brad.

Guest sabio_proeliat

I've the same problem and I think is's releated to the nr. of letters you're using.

It dosen't work with 160 letters for me I've to stop at 150 :cry:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Survivor

I have another sms problem. Whenever I receive a message, it doesn't show the contact's name, but simply the mobile number. Do you know what can I do?

Guest Survivor

I know the "MySim" application. However, you can only copy them one by one! Anyone knows any workaround for this? Also, the delivery notification feature does not work (and yes, my provider supports it). Thank you in advance.

Guest chrisc28
I know the "MySim" application. However, you can only copy them one by one! Anyone knows any workaround for this? Also, the delivery notification feature does not work (and yes, my provider supports it). Thank you in advance.

When you click on Mysim for the first time, it will automatically load all your SIM contacts to the phone.

If that doesn't happen, then you have to get the IA Style's SIM Manager. With this, you can select all and copy all contacts from your SIM to the phone.