E200 from Orange on an Upgrade :)

Guest chazeg

Guest johnniek

hey i :lol: i just ordered my E200 as an upgrade direct from orange... I'm now 2 weeks out of my last 12m contract they were gonna charge me £149 for it. But i told them i was gonna leave orange n they doubled my free mins n got it for £80.. they offered a free upgrade if i kept my existing talk plan...

It should b in my hands on friday....

Anyone got any ideas bout handsfree 4 da motor?? or does speakerphone comply after 1st dec??

cheers - Johnniek

Guest jtsaint

Can you tell us what talk plan you were on, what it costs a month and what they offered what it costst etc. Interesting you know what you can get out of them

I am on 700 mins at the mo for about £80 and could do with knowing if there is a better tariff with the same mins

jtsaint, for the ammount you are paying you can get 1000 x network minutes (anytime) with a few text messages for free. its one we match from customer services called the O2 Max. This tarrif is only £75 pm.

Call our customer services department on 151 and ask for the O2 Max tarrif and it shall be applied at your next billing date.

Hope this helps

Guest jtsaint

amo you are a star thankyou very much.

One more thing - does anyone know what the avaliability is in the Orange shops for the e200. I want one but I really dont want to upgrade via OCS since I have had nightmare problems before. I have upgraded many times and had troble each time.

I live in the midlands (warks) so if anyone knows let me know !

As soon as I get one and check that our new game works we will release it. Its called starblaster and I hope you are all going to enjoy it

Guest johnniek

ello

well i was on talk 200? 200mins inclusive to all networks approx £30 per month... now gonna b on talk 400 with 400mins to all networks for £30..

they are no longer matchin three's taffifs - FYI I've heard dat 3 have around 100-150k subscribers instead of their hoped 4 1million? hence they're busting a gut with good deals.. I guess orange cannot afford to match their 700 inclusive mins for £40 / video chat deal.

yeah i could have hard balled them for an O2 taffif but what the hell i'm just happy 2 be gettin the E200 - after my palm packed up a month ago..

cheers 4 the info re speakerphone - checked out info on the dept of trans website - so now i have to get myself some mingin pound shop / halfords phone holder!!

Guest bikespod

I tried for an upgrade today, but am 6 months off finishing my contract. they want 100 for the upgrade and 99 for the phone. i said i'll drop my account to 15 a month and buy it out and leave orange to get cheap e2, and they said sorry to lose you. that's me told. worth a try, but seems silly to lose a customer on ninety quid a month for 4 years without any room for negotiation. oh well anyone know any good deals out there? Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest johnniek

humm a suprise! Jtsaint u have any clues?? my guess it's down to who u speak 2?

don't know if it makes any difference but i 1st time i called i spoke 2 someone bout upgrades n was offered da E200 for £149..

then called them re my contract n leavin - hey presto got at better deal...

My advise it to be put through to the retention department (I think thats the one, its been a long day, im tired and i need sleep! :lol:) and they should be able to help you out if anyone can. However, whether they are willing to make a deal depends on the following factors;

How long you have been with orange on the same contract (doesnt count if you cancel your contract every year and start again, I mean one contract with the same number)

Whether you pay your bills on time without reminders etc

How much your average bills are

What tarriff you are on

And a few more details.

So personally, I wouldnt even bother unless you class yourself highly in the aformentioned criteria.

Sweet! I rang up Orange this afternoon an requested an upgrade to E200. I am on ED50 so I was originally quoted £199. After threatening to leave I was offered it at only £100 which I gladly accepted. Should have it Friday! :lol:

I reckon it depends who you get on the other line when you ring up Orange. When I first tried calling the women on the other end reckoned it wasnt even released yet and the only handset available was the SE T610 and P900! What!!???? Luckily I rang back 10mins later and sorted it out with next man who was wicked! ;)

Guest bikespod

mmmm...... i kinda tried all that. i've always paid my bill on time, been on same contract for 4 years, spend an average of seventy quid a month, but up to a ton some months. all i was offered was, in another 3 months they'd do a deal on just the upgrade fee being waved. if i'm signing for another year and more than likely, years, it would make sense to deal now? would crying help. i'll stoop low to get a non crashing handset. [-o:(

Guest bikespod

ok, for all those trying to upgrade, amo's tip of talking to retention dept is a good one. also it seems to totally depend who you talk to. i've still got 6 months to run on my contract and i tried twice more and was told no. then asked to speak to a supervisor. make sure you have all sums to hand. eg. you can drop your plan to fifteen quid a month over 6 months, equals ninety quid, plus 20 for new handset thru web based company with 400 mins and tons of texts. then if you're lucky and get the right person you can get a 200 quid upgrade cut in half. keep trying and be polite. i take back anything i said about cust services. some of them are ace. the woman i talked to finally made me feel like a valued customer.Posted from my original SmartPhone and tomorrow from my new e200!

Guest bikespod

:lol: :x :cry: ;) :x :cry: spoke way too soon. supposed to get phone today, no show. damn those delivery drivers, useless, law unto themselves etc. now got to wait till monday.